Posing - Holding Hands

tomsfo1tomsfo1 Posts: 86
edited December 1969 in New Users

Is there an easy way to get two figures to hold hands, as if walking or dancing together?

I appreciate your thoughts.

Comments

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,867
    edited December 1969

As far as I know, there isn´t. You will just have to pose the arms, hands and each bone of each finger by hand. I just tried to pose a hand holding a breast and it was pretty difficult for me as well.

To pose the fingers (or actually anything), while having the bone selected go to Parameters tab. There You´ll see things like twist, bend, side : )

If the figures in DS had rig controls, you could grab the controls to rotate more finger bones at once but unfortunately they don´t.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,411
    edited December 1969

I made a hand holding pose in this image . I did it all manually using the Parameters tab and pose controls. I don't know of a premade pose that is available.

• tomsfo1tomsfo1 Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

My thanks to both of you. Yes, I was trying to determine if there was another way to address hand posing other than the tedious manual route.

Have a good day!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

LOL "tedious manual route" I hear you but it is good practice. Some poses sets have dual poses that will help with this type of thing but there aren't common. When you have it done don't forget to save some pose presets for later use.

• tomsfo1tomsfo1 Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

barbult,

I check out your work. It is terrific. I have a long way to go before I can produce something like that. What is your approach? I presume get the basic location and pose, then do you freeze the bodies then work on the arms, then hands, then fingers? Any hints/tip would be appreciated.

Snark,

Thanks for the tip on the two figure poses - didn't think of that, and reminder to save the pose. Yep, already did that.

Have a good day.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,945
    edited December 1969

if you bought and used carrara you could, %-P
    just saying
    it has tracking and target helpers for such stuff

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,411
    edited December 1969

I posed the two girls in a scene by themselves. I saved it as a scene subset and merged it into my larger composition. I didn't "freeze" any body parts. I don't know of any effective way to do that. The pinning in DAZ Studio is not effective for me. I did position them generally where I wanted them in relation to each other and then moved the arms, hands, and fingers, as you described. It is just tedious work, and often frustrating.

Thanks for the compliment on my work. I think I developed skills for putting together a scene by participating in the RRRR challenges. That forces you to take random items and make a scene. Give it a try if you want some fun. All experience levels are welcome. We don't usually create great art over there, but we make some funny pictures and have a lot of fun.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

tomsfo1 said:

Snark,

Thanks for the tip on the two figure poses - didn't think of that, and reminder to save the pose. Yep, already did that.

Have a good day.

snark ROFLOL too funny.