How do I save a Wing Pose?

dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
edited December 1969 in New Users

I've been playing around with Feathered Wings and had developed my own poses, but I'm not saving them correctly. It does not load the pose when I try to apply it later.

1. I have the wings parented to Genesis and set to the desired pose.
2. I select the Wings in Scene, then Save As Pose Preset and name it.
3. I load a new character, add the wings, select the wings and try to add the new pose, but the wings just sit there.

I'm I missing a step?

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

dracorn said:
    I've been playing around with Feathered Wings and had developed my own poses, but I'm not saving them correctly. It does not load the pose when I try to apply it later.

1. I have the wings parented to Genesis and set to the desired pose.
    2. I select the Wings in Scene, then Save As Pose Preset and name it.
    3. I load a new character, add the wings, select the wings and try to add the new pose, but the wings just sit there.

I'm I missing a step?

Haven't used them for awhile but I think for the .cr2 feathered wings you might need to use this free product:
    http://www.daz3d.com/poser-format-exporter-pfe

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited December 1969

OK - Thanks, I'll try that.

So what about other objects? I just made an archer pose and I want to save the pose for the bow so I don't have to fiddle with it again.

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Save the scene as a scene subset, when dialog box appears uncheck all accept wings.

• RoLoWRoLoW Posts: 341
    edited December 2014

I do not have the Feathered Wings (yet), and it looks like you did the right things. However, when you were saving as a pose preset did you clear any of the options in the Properties Hierarchy for the wings?

Post edited by RoLoW on
    edited December 1969

awesomefb said:
    Save the scene as a scene subset, when dialog box appears uncheck all accept wings.

I tried this. It does work: the character loads with the wings in the desired pose. If I have the character loaded with the wings in a neutral position, then merge in the scene subset, I get another copy of the character.

However, I was hoping to learn how to load the character, then load the wings, then apply a pose to the wings. I can do this with the Malaik wings, but I wanted to create my own poses.

edited December 1969

rolow said:
    I do not have the Feathered Wings (yet), and it looks like you did the right things. However, when you were saving as a pose preset did you clear any of the options in the Properties Hierarchy for the wings? Here is a shot for saving a pose preset for the Griffin Wings...

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried it but it still didn't work when I tried to load it. Am I loading it wrong? (see screen print of my settings)

Loading the Pose:
    1. I have the character with the wings loaded in neutral position.
    2. I select the wings (which are parented to the character).
    3. My poses are in Unassigned - but when I select the wings, the option for Preset - Pose goes away.
    4. So I use File, Merge, then change the directory to my Pose Presets and choose the wing preset I just saved.
    5. The wings don't change.

Post_Preset.jpg
    503 x 527 - 37K
    edited December 1969

It's not that you're doing it wrong, it is that Feathered Wings is a .cr2 file and the Griffin Wings is found under My Library > People > Genesis, etc. so it is not a .cr2 file. At least that's what I gather from watching the film clip about the Griffin Wings.

edited December 2014

GOOD NEWS, SUCCESS!

Well I purchased the Feathered Wings to get your poses working. Sorry that I didn't have these the first time around. If you can't get this to work, please send me an Email or PM for more specific instructions.

Post edited by RoLoW on
    edited December 1969

rolow said:
    GOOD NEWS, SUCCESS!

Well I purchased the Feathered Wings to get your poses working. Attached are the screenshots and settings I used. Sorry that I didn't have these the first time around. If you can't get this to work, please send me an Email or PM for more specific instructions.

Congrats! I'm keeping the info too :-) ty

edited December 1969

rolow said:
    GOOD NEWS, SUCCESS!

Well I purchased the Feathered Wings to get your poses working. Attached are the screenshots and settings I used. Sorry that I didn't have these the first time around. If you can't get this to work, please send me an Email or PM for more specific instructions.

Thanks. I saved the pose using the same settings (pic 1). Tried to load it and no luck.

I think my problem may be the way I am loading the pose.
    1. Loaded Character.
    2. Added wings in neutral position. These wings are already saved as a Wearable Preset and sized, adjusted and parented to the character. Selected the wings in Scene.
    3. Went to Content Library / DAZ Studio Formats / My Library / Presets / Poses, and loaded the pose (pic 2).

Is this where I'm going wrong? I wasn't able to read the details from your second screen print.

Loading_Pose.jpg
    412 x 421 - 30K
    edited December 1969

A wearable preset? How about just loading the wings "as they came" and save the poses made with those.

edited December 1969

A wearable preset? How about just loading the wings "as they came" and save the poses made with those.

Thanks for your reply. I've been pretty busy with Christmas celebrations.

I wanted the option to save my own poses. I had in fact modified their pose for folded wings based on the large size of my character. These wings were originally designed for Victoria 4, not a Freak-proportioned man.

edited December 1969

dracorn said:

Thanks for your reply. I've been pretty busy with Christmas celebrations.

I wanted the option to save my own poses. I had in fact modified their pose for folded wings based on the large size of my character. These wings were originally designed for Victoria 4, not a Freak-proportioned man.

Okay I realize that but that you've changed what it is, can itself make a difference for how a pose would be saved.
    At any rate, as long as you're getting the poses saved somehow, that's what counts ;-)

edited February 2015

dracorn said:
    These wings were originally designed for Victoria 4, not a Freak-proportioned man.

{removed by author}
    Post edited by RoLoW on