Oskarsson's Easytail and Dario's HFS Shapes

manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,396
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

i bought easytail a while ago, works perfectly.
or almost, until i decided to make an alien with HFS shapes (and a HFS freebie character preset) and add a tail to him.
in the DAZ description there is a large list of supported Genesis shapes - but of course HFS isn't a DAZ standard, and might even have been created later, so it's not supported - and of course HFS can't be compatible with everything either (not complaining at all, just stating an evident fact).
so what happens is that once fitted to Genesis, the tail gets weird knicks from the middle down. i think it's because some of the HFS legs are bent backwards or something else extreme in the shape/rigging.

now, i know that when nothing else works, i can just parent my tail to Genesis' hips, no problem.
but i'd like to know if there isn't an other possibility.
i tried "adjust rigging to shape", even on both items, and "transfer morphs" (might have botched that one though) - but nothing works.

so, aside from parenting, any idea how to get rid of the knicks and keep the tail fitted (i like the awesome geografting...)?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You could try going to the Parameters pane for the tail and setting "Show Hidden Parameters" on, then Currently Used should show the auto-generated morphs, find the one(s) causing the problem and dial them down to zero.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,396
    edited December 1969

thank you so much! ^_^
    this was exactly what i needed to do! done in a few secs, and now my tail works perfectly fine and is still nicely geografted. big kudos :)
    plus i've learned something interesting about possible source of problems - and i think i'll have todocument myself a bit on that totally unknown sector ~