Questions from 3am: Using Pose sets with non-Daz based creatures

ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
edited December 1969 in The Commons

A thought occurred to me as I tried to drift to sleep.

There are a lot of "creatures" out there... Robots, monsters, godzillas..in stores, in free sites...Not Genesis or whatever morphs, so not based on M4/Gen/G2, just creatures with rigging.

Is it possible to use like Michael 4 Fight Set (or whatever) on these things? Could you get Godzilla and use Teen Josie breakdancing poses on it?

(I wonder if there's someone to make a "posing frame'...like an invisible exo-skelton you clamp to a character to do poses to...just thoughts for people far more advanced than me).

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,435
    edited December 1969

Maybe. It depends on how they are rigged, the closer they are to the setup of the figure you want to use the poses from the better. I doubt a Godzilla or monster rat would work at all, a humanoid robot might well work OK.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,549
    edited December 1969

A pose for a single figure has a chance of giving a result that looks good but not exactly the same.

The chances of couples poses working well enough to still be useable is very low.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited December 1969

Easiest way to test is using mouse over on aniblocks
    sometimes exporting a bvh and copying the legs heirachy and renaming with arm bones in BVHacker can work on quadrupeds

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited December 1969

Of course iClone pipeline users can retarget figures and use pretty much any motion on anything, I have the millenium cat and horse even doing gangnam style in both iClone and DAZ, was just trying to work out a free alternative for you %-P