Why don't we have a ZBrush Sub forum in the software section?

I mean we have 3DSMax and even unity, but no ZBrush?

Seeing as Daz studio has GoZ support along with a lot of users/PAs relying on that software for character creation you'd think it would get representation here!

So why don't we open one up here, as I'd love to see what my fellow Dazians have created!

Comments

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

I'd love to see this sub forum as well... I have loaded up Zbrush, and am in the, "tinkering around trying to find a solid tutorial to meet my beginner needs" stage.  A sub forum would be excellent, and I as well find it interesting that there is a Zbrush Bridge but no forum sub thread... Isn't it the only Bridged product without a sub forum?

Pretty please, with sugar on top?

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,511

I only have Zbrush Core, but I'd like to see this forum as well. Substance Painter too! (hehe, I won't stop asking for that!).  

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,950

Chumly said:

I'd love to see this sub forum as well... I have loaded up Zbrush, and am in the, "tinkering around trying to find a solid tutorial to meet my beginner needs" stage.  A sub forum would be excellent, and I as well find it interesting that there is a Zbrush Bridge but no forum sub thread... Isn't it the only Bridged product without a sub forum?

Pretty please, with sugar on top?

Yeah, it is indeed a curious oversight on daz's part, you'd think it would be a natural choice seeing as it's much more commonly used in conjunction with studio, yet we have a C4D, Maya, and 3DSMax sub that has less than 1k of comments combined! (Though Blender, Unreal, and unity has much more robust participation numbers)

But of COURSE, we have to have a useless nft subforum, even though that ship has sunk!

• I think the missing subforums for ZBrush and also Photoshop result from the fact that these bridges are there for a long time and they created the subforums just for the new and shiny bridges. I also would love to have both of them ...

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

I 'd like to see a Z brush forum here also.

Hivewire has an old, small one that has some pretty good info in it that pertains to Daz.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,610

I'd love to have free access to these apps, LOL

FSMCDesigns said:

Do you mrean Z Brush? Because Zbrush core is free https://zbrushcore.com/mini/

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,610

Summerhorse said:

FSMCDesigns said:

Do you mrean Z Brush? Because Zbrush core is free https://zbrushcore.com/mini/

noirmal Zbrush (and all the others like Maya, C4D, etc that Daz now promotes )  I looked at core awhile back and found it is to limited for my uses and according to the chart, doesn't even support GoZ, so I don't see the point.

http://zbrushcore.com/compare.php

edited June 2021

Enchanted April said:

I think the missing subforums for ZBrush and also Photoshop result from the fact that these bridges are there for a long time and they created the subforums just for the new and shiny bridges. I also would love to have both of them ...

Yes, that would also really help especially for new users just looking to expand their horizons with character creation!

Summerhorse said:

I 'd like to see a Z brush forum here also.

Hivewire has an old, small one that has some pretty good info in it that pertains to Daz.

Yeah so does the 'osity, yet I would love to see ZBrush support here at home!  I'd also like to see a multi-quote feature in this archaic forum format! wink

FSMCDesigns said:

noirmal Zbrush (and all the others like Maya, C4D, etc that Daz now promotes )  I looked at core awhile back and found it is to limited for my uses and according to the chart, doesn't even support GoZ, so I don't see the point.

http://zbrushcore.com/compare.php

Actually, ZBrush Core now has GOZ support, yet it's $180...

Post edited by takezo_3001 on

Core has GoZ support? Do you have any tutorials that show where it's located and how to get it working with Studio?

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,987
    edited June 2021

Looking at the costs of going full ZBrush it is better and cheaper to go the 6 month plan.. Reason being is the monthly sub is too expensive over a year, and the pay once only lifetime plan only gives you a year of free upgrades..  And the reason to go full ZBrush is the amount of limitations ZBrush Core has..

SnowSultan said:

Core has GoZ support? Do you have any tutorials that show where it's located and how to get it working with Studio?

This is the weird thing, on the compare page it says that it doesn't but on that other page linked takezo_3001 it says it does but it cost you to do so..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on

Reason being is the monthly suib is too expensive over a year, and the pay once only lifetime plan only gives you a year of free upgrades

It says on Pixelogic's website that they haven't charged for an upgrade in 21 years, so I don't think that's a problem. I was considering the six-month subscription too, but if you do that, you will have paid for Zbrush outright after a little over 2 years. 

Core does open GoZ files, but I don't even know what that is (are files tempoarily saved in that format on exporting or something?). I installed the GoZ bridge through DAZ Central, but when I use it, Studio says that Zbrush cannot be found and I cannot find a place to specifiy Core's location.

SnowSultan said:

No info on that, as I have the full ZBrush... So your search is as good as mine!  

SnowSultan said:

It says on Pixelogic's website that they haven't charged for an upgrade in 21 years, so I don't think that's a problem. I was considering the six-month subscription too, but if you do that, you will have paid for Zbrush outright after a little over 2 years. 

Core does open GoZ files, but I don't even know what that is (are files tempoarily saved in that format on exporting or something?). I installed the GoZ bridge through DAZ Central, but when I use it, Studio says that Zbrush cannot be found and I cannot find a place to specifiy Core's location.

Most likely due to Daz not supporting ZBCore, only supporting the full ZBrush program, which really sucks for people that want to get into ZBrush but who don't want to spend nearly $1k, though it is indeed worth every penny as too many idiot/greedy software devs have defaulted to the useless rent-ware route! 

But I may be wrong and there may be a way to get it to work by either manually installing it or still point it to the ZBrush dialogue as it's pretty outdated anyway; mine still points to ZBrush 4r7! laugh

What do you guys think about metahumans? They look interesting-  but kind of depressing. I'm wondering  if they are going to make all my learning Z-brush ect pointless?

Hoping it is OK to put this link here :https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/digital-humans

Most likely due to Daz not supporting ZBCore, only supporting the full ZBrush program, which really sucks for people that want to get into ZBrush but who don't want to spend nearly $1k

It actually isn't that big of a deal, OBJ export and Morph Loader Pro work just fine for getting morphs back and forth between Core and Studio. I just wanted to try GoZ.  :)  Also, you get $100 off the full Zbrush if you own Core - still $800, but it's truly professional-grade software.

Metahumans are cool, but there are two major limitations: they're primarily made to work in Unreal Engine, and in order to maintain animation and clothing fit capabilities, Epic has said there are no current plans to implement any sort of advanced body morphing. They're basically customizable talking heads; very detailed and amazing for animation, but extremely limited overall compared to what we've got. 

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited June 2021

SnowSultan said:

Most likely due to Daz not supporting ZBCore, only supporting the full ZBrush program, which really sucks for people that want to get into ZBrush but who don't want to spend nearly $1k

They're basically customizable talking heads; very detailed and amazing for animation, but extremely limited overall compared to what we've got. 

I've yet to see whether they actually come with a body but I don't think so. So extremely limited might be an understatement when it comes to what most people here are looking for. 

Anyhow, there is a discussion going in the Unreal sub-forum here.

Post edited by marble on

I've yet to see whether they actually come with a body but I don't think so. 

Haha, they do come with bodies, but if I remember, they only have three or four basic shapes (ecto, endo, etc). Anyone thinking they're going to make something like George, Drago or anything by Rawart is going to be disappointed.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

SnowSultan said:

I've yet to see whether they actually come with a body but I don't think so. 

Haha, they do come with bodies, but if I remember, they only have three or four basic shapes (ecto, endo, etc). Anyone thinking they're going to make something like George, Drago or anything by Rawart is going to be disappointed.

Yeah, I assumed that they came with a kind of tailor's dummy kind of body which is just there to hang clothes on. 

Summerhorse said:

What do you guys think about metahumans? They look interesting-  but kind of depressing. I'm wondering  if they are going to make all my learning Z-brush ect pointless?

Hoping it is OK to put this link here :https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/digital-humans

Nahh, Daz's own characters are immensely complex and still the most fully realized pre-made characters around, (Turbo squid be damned!) as the sheer amount of morphs that you have via dials is massive, not to mention any morphs that you can create along with ZBrush!

To give you perspective just how densely packed Genesis 8 is with all her morphs, just try exporting that bad-boy with all the morphs via dxf format over to Unreal, I literally had to force a Daz studio shut-down due to 60gb ram being devoured in order to accommodate the exported model!

It is really quite remarkable that Daz studio is able to handle such a densely packed model into a scene!

SnowSultan said:

It actually isn't that big of a deal, OBJ export and Morph Loader Pro work just fine for getting morphs back and forth between Core and Studio. I just wanted to try GoZ.  :)  Also, you get $100 off the full Zbrush if you own Core - still $800, but it's truly professional-grade software.

Metahumans are cool, but there are two major limitations: they're primarily made to work in Unreal Engine, and in order to maintain animation and clothing fit capabilities, Epic has said there are no current plans to implement any sort of advanced body morphing. They're basically customizable talking heads; very detailed and amazing for animation, but extremely limited overall compared to what we've got. 

Cool, I'm glad it wasn't a deal-breaker then, but yeah, if ever you want to use GOZ, I'd give bypassing the ZBrush dialogue as daz studio is pretty a flexible program, it's why I made the switch so long ago!

Metahumans, schmetahumans, you still have to be online in order to use it, so yeah, it would be much better for you to import genesis into the program... just do NOT attempt to import all of the morphs as I did!wink

edited June 2021

I think it is funny... I bet not a soul here at the Daz 3D Forum asked for a "Non-Fungible Token (NFT) Art" sub forum.... and budda bing.  One magically appears!
    ** AND I might add that 85% of the traffic there must be to trash NFTs as HALF/50% of the threads are locked already!**

On the other hand... a good number of folks are asking for something they actually want...  a Zbrush & Marvelous Designer Sub Forum... and... nothing... but....... crickets.

In the immortal words of Joe Biden
    "C'mon Man!"

Post edited by Chumly on

Chumly said:

I think it is funny... I bet not a soul here at the Daz 3D Forum asked for a "Non-Fungible Token (NFT) Art" sub forum.... and budda bing.  One magically appears!
    ** AND I might add that 85% of the traffic there must be to trash NFTs as HALF/50% of the threads are locked already!**

On the other hand... a good number of folks are asking for something they actually want...  a Zbrush & Marvelous Designer Sub Forum... and... nothing... but....... crickets.

"C'mon Man!"

Yeah, it's quite irritating, to say the least! I wonder just why is this forum still stuck in the early 2ks?

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

takezo_3001 said:

Chumly said:

"C'mon Man!"

Yeah, it's quite irritating, to say the least! I wonder just why is this forum still stuck in the early 2ks?

It's probably the forum software...

McGyver said:

It's probably the forum software...

Did not consider that as I'm not familiar with web design, save for using the end result... 

Hate to necro-post this, but as there is a flipped normals partnership and seeing as they're ZBrush-heavy tutorial providers, it seems like a real missed opportunity for not having a dedicated subforum for ZBrush, don't ya think?

Agreed!
    The NFT Forum Seems to be on life supprot..... maybe we could just post all our questions there until they Reneame it to the ZBrush & Bridge Folder...

edited July 2021

Chumly said:

Agreed!
    The NFT Forum Seems to be on life supprot..... maybe we could just post all our questions there until they Reneame it to the ZBrush & Bridge Folder...

Ya know that would not be such a bad idea, if Richard wasn't such a vigilant moderator, it would most likely drive him up the wall as he'd go nuts having to move/delete posts left and right! cheeky

But yeah, we have Max and Maya subforums collecting virtual dust though, I see no reason why ZBrush hasn't been a thing as of yet seeing as it's the most commonly used 3rd party software for character/morph creation, I think I'll put in a ticket!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on