Any way to disable warnings while loading a scene?

NerfyNerfy Posts: 35

Hiya,

I'm about to batch render a few hundred scenes, though have noticed that quite a few of them have 2 pop up warnings (either duplicate IDs, or rarely about some other file not being findable, though it is there, but seems to be 46 bytes, so is perhaps corrupted).

Most of the duplicate IDs I've been able to fix with the script that somebody in the community provided, but some of them cannot be fixed it seems, and so it looks as though my batch rendering might need manual supervision to deal with pop up warnings, which would pause the whole process if I try to leave it on overnight as I intended. Does anybody know if there's a way to turn pop up warnings off?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,884
    edited December 1969

Try getting the latest copy of the remaining products - as far as I know everything in the DAZ Store has been updated to fix the Duplicate IDs issue, anything that hasn't should be reported to support. Redownload and reinstall should also fix corrupted files, if that's the issue - you are checking for the missing file, probably in the Data folder, and not the user file? If you still have issues report them in the main DAZ Studio Discussion forum.

I'm not aware of a way to suppress error alerts on loading.

• NerfyNerfy Posts: 35
    edited December 2014

It was a free shirt from the person who does all those awesome free pieces. I've tried the repair on every version of the file (using search), but it just can't fix it for some reason. Then there's also that other problem of a core morph file or something on something else being corrupted (it seems), but that seems to be really rare in all my scenes for some reason. I might be able to fix that with a reinstall, but am running out of time to get this done and would prefer not to risk my content database in any way.

Post edited by Nerfy on
    edited December 1969

Well I managed to manually fix the duplicate IDs, and the other rare warning seems to go away if I resave a scene.

Only thing left now is to find out whether there's some way to stop daz taking focus every time it loads a new scene, I'm trying to do post processing work on the existing rendered items, while daz is batch rendering, and it keeps stealing focus. If I'm pressing backspace or enter or something while it happens (which seems to be a lot), it interrupts the rendering process and the renderer becomes locked in use, requiring me to kill the daz process while it outputs empty ribs.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

How many processing Cores do you have. I don't know how to do it but I know you can assign less cores to DS leaving a couple for other programs, it will slow down the render times but at least you can do your postwork.

edited December 1969

Oh it's not the speed that's the problem, I mean that it literally takes windows focus (brings the daz program back up) every 30 seconds or so while loading a new scene in the batch process.

edited December 1969

so like I said assign less cores to DS. I just Googled it for you http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee851672.aspx

edited December 1969

I'm not sure I follow, why would the number of cores being used affect it? Wouldn't Daz just be calling getFocus to some sort of Windows API on load complete?

edited December 1969

First it seems you are more knowledgeable than me when it comes to PC;s as I have no clue what getFocus is and I presumed you meant that DS was taking all the PC's resources whilst rendering.

edited December 1969

Ah, focus is basically Window's way of knowing which application is currently 'selected' by the user, so it gets the keyboard input, etc. It seems that when a program gains focus, it pops up to the front. At least, I think it's something like that, I'm not sure of the exact terminology. Basically, every time daz opens a new file while batch processing, it pops back up over everything else, and taking my key presses in the middle of typing, which is causing screw ups in the middle of rendering (probably hitting hotkeys).

edited December 1969

Cheers now I am with and sorry to say I have no idea how to stop that. Man I can see why you want it to stop that is annoying.