Section 05 and 06 Textures for Section 04

davidjones8418davidjones8418 Posts: 166

When I load up the Section 05 Iray scene from [Section 05 and 06 Textures for Section 04] this product I get a message telling me it can't find:

sf5tilebluerough.jpg

Right enough, it's not there. It's not in the Daz installer or manual download either.

Seems silly to raise a ticket for one missing map but I guess that's all it is.

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834

I would say that a missing map is definitely worth a ticket.

• Ticket it is then

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,245
    edited May 2021

Not so much a missing map as perhaps an error in references. Section 04 has sf4tilebluerough.jpg, and maybe there was an intention to use a different version for Section 05. In Section 06, however, they went with sf4tilebluerough.jpg again. It is used for the Glossy Roughness setting for the big door frames, so applying the original map to Section 05 won't cause any major distractions. Besides, sf4tilebluerough.jpg is the one used for the 3DL versions of all three (for the Reflection Strength).

You can edit the .duf file and do a simple string replacement while you wait for an answer to the ticket.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • You can edit the .duf file and do a simple string replacement while you wait for an answer to the ticket.<

Absolutely no idea how to do that, but I'll give it a go! Always keen to learn new stuff.

Thanks for the pointer.

• Well, it was easier to copy and rename the file but I will open up a duf and have a look at some point : )

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,245

Don't worry, it's just plain text in DAZ's DSON format, not even compressed. Copying the bitmap is another option. Whatever works...