Dforce and Eyelets

AdvintAdvint Posts: 23
edited May 2021 in The Commons

I've been working on making something for both myself, and maybe to sell later. After some trial and error I ended up with two eyelets on this outfit. But I'm having trouble getting the eyelets to help contrain the shirt during a dforce simulation. The eyelets are made up of simple taurus'. The clasp is a seperate geometry / follower.

The eyelets intesect with the cloth, and are part of the overall object / figure in Daz Studio. However once the simulation is run:

I thought maybe to use a dforce Addon, but that's really more for adding support structure to something. Dynamics on the eyelets is set to 0, and it's visible in the simulation. Any help in regard to resolving this would be appreciated.
Now that I think about it, maybe the eyelets need more verticies to catch the cloth. But other than that thought I'm at a loss right now.

Post edited by Advint on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,215

If you want them to collide then you probably need enough vertices there for them to work on - not necessarily one for every vertex in the toruses but at least a few, say four at the quadrant points, that match. Or as you say, use an addon to close the joint, and just make the eyelets Rigid Follow Nodes at that point.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,869
    edited May 2021

Simplest fix would be to use a dforce weightmap to paint the material underneath the eyelets to 0%. It will keep the cloth and eyelets in the same position during a sim, and will also keep the opening closed :)

Post edited by Mada on
  • AdvintAdvint Posts: 23

That's true. I guess I was just trying to figure it out in the event that I wanted to sell the wardrobe items. Not sure how dforce weightmapping would effect that.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,869
    edited May 2021

A lot of the items in the store use weightmapping - sometimes there's no way around it :)

Post edited by Mada on