Death Strikes Again!! [Commercial]

Death Strikes Again!! This time, for the Genesis Male

Thought Id give the males a bit of love... its been a very long time since I did one for the guys :P If you own the female set, now she can have a companion (and boy do they make a deadly duo)

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-death-strike-outfit-great-axe-and-poses-for-genesis-8-males

https://www.daz3d.com/death-strike-hair-for-genesis-8-males

Party thread!!! :throws glitter:

StrikeHarder.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
DeathStrikeHairG8M-Main00.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M

Comments

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 792
    I literally gasped when I saw this. Both into the cart and Lady Deathstrike too. Wow your promo/art style is wonderful.
  • IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475

Wow... thank you so much for the compliments. Hope you have a blast with them (and show us what you make!)

• Khai-J-BachKhai-J-Bach Posts: 163
    edited May 2021

IT WAS A FANCY DRESS PARTY, OK?

(everytime I see Death, I hope its one that I can use as a PTerry Death....)

Post edited by Khai-J-Bach on

LOL well im terribly underdressed then... wore my jammies to the gala and everything

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Looks great I don't really buy that much male outfits but I had to have this

• ZaiZai Posts: 289

Khai-J-Bach said:

IT WAS A FANCY DRESS PARTY, OK?

(everytime I see Death, I hope its one that I can use as a PTerry Death....)Cats

Officially an authorized cool thread for PTerry refs! 

Iggy..this is amazing as usual. OMG Death Strike Hair.....::fans self::

Ty guys!!

also idk wtf a PTerry is lol

:squirms back under my rock:

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312

IgnisSerpentus said:

Ty guys!!

PTerry may be a reference to the author Terry Pratchett and his character Death. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited May 2021

scorpio said:

IgnisSerpentus said:

Ty guys!!

PTerry may be a reference to the author Terry Pratchett and his character Death. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_(Discworld) (ggr, copy-and-paste the link as it otherwise goes to thw wrong page).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,773

I do not like the name of the package, but I will probably buy it anyway.

edited May 2021

Artini said:

I do not like the name of the package, but I will probably buy it anyway.

Really?? I thought it was pretty fitting lol it is death armor for a death knight

Im not for the feint of heart for sure

If it really bugs you, tho, you can change the front facing folder names. Wont hurt anything as long as u leave the data folder alone. Totally understand some people arent fond of darker things

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on

Ahhhh Terry Prachett lol i dont think ive read his stuff (got your link to work Richard)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,773

Actually, I am after https://www.daz3d.com/death-strike-hair-for-genesis-8-males

Will just pretend, that I do not see the first word in the name.

edited May 2021

Yeah i hear ya. I have hangups about that subject too. But im weird in that i embrace it as a means to deal with it i guess. I am like the skull queen lol not even just artistically but irl too (not to mention snakes)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,795

nobody escapes frown

I have been stunned by your awesome renders on Facebook too and definitely will grab this one day but not now, is not a good time for me, death is not at my door but the hungry wolf is devil

Awww ty Wendy!!! And yeah... the wolves are always hungry.
    And as my tag says.... dont knock on death's door... ring the doorbell and run (he HATES that) :P

Figured Id show these two together. I wanted to make the male set similaresque, but completely change every piece so it complemented, but wasnt the same

DeathStrikeG8M-Popup22.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 706K
    DeathStrikePromo010-www.daz3d.com.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 593K

Thought I'd add these to the mix -  I love this set! Not sure if I like the flat filter or the color better, but this hair rocks :)

ashancolor.jpg
    1800 x 2340 - 778K
    ashanflat.jpg
    1800 x 2340 - 692K

Wooooo thats an awesome render... smoking hot! I think i like the more saturated one the best (but the queen of cornea fusing promos would, right?? Lol im biased toward bright color)

i really need to play with torment... hes so cool

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited May 2021

Wow now I wish I had picked up the outfit before my lastest Torment render that had hair works well with his horns!

Post edited by Daventaki on
    edited May 2021

Well tbh i didnt support torment natively in the outfit or hair. He dropped longggg after id done morphs. And im remiss to go backwards... so i usually add the new figures to the next set instead.

But I am tempted to add him lol i guess well see how well the set finishes.... maybe ill do an update

(it looks like zai did a morph on the braid or something)

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

Beautiful work- and fantastic promos- as always!

IgnisSerpentus said:

Well tbh i didnt support torment natively in the outfit or hair. He dropped longggg after id done morphs. And im remiss to go backwards... so i usually add the new figures to the next set instead.

But I am tempted to add him lol i guess well see how well the set finishes.... maybe ill do an update

(it looks like zai did a morph on the braid or something)

Well I sure would love if you did support him!  None of the hairs I have used with his horns work well but I have no issues with using morphs/Mesh Grabber/dformers/post work to get it to look decent.

edited May 2021

Mesh Grabber shoud work. I did just a spot render on the braid part and patched it, but now that I think about it, MG would have handled that I think.

I like the color one better too, but I was pretending to be sublte and artistic...sssshhhh

Post edited by Zai on
    edited May 2021

Well it depends on if u can isolate the braid with that. In zbrush, i would mask the whole hair and unmask just the braids so i could morph them. Idk if mesh grabber works like that?

Summerhorse said:

Beautiful work- and fantastic promos- as always!

ty hon!!!! 

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

Love it, gorgeous work!!

Re:  MG

It kinda does...you just click the control ball tool onto where you want to push or pull, plus you can make it more or less sensitive or larger or smaller. I only had to go around the bottom bit of the horn so  from my experience it would probably work fine, even if it took doing it 2-3 times, which would only take a minute or 2. I may try it and see what happens because now you have ME wondering LOL!

SickleYield said:

Love it, gorgeous work!!

TY hon :)

at zai.. ull have to let me know if it works lol i need to grab mg at some point. Ive been meaning to, but just havent grabbed it yet (to use a bad pun lol)

edited May 2021

Yes you can choose certain areas.  You can also go into the geometry editor and select areas that way even by material zone if you want like the whole braid selected (which would be tedious otherwise specially on hair).  i like using the lasso tool in the geo editor to select what I want to adjust then go to MG and do what I need adjusting like the falloff because it will affect the object around it if its set to high. 

MG is one of those tools I thought Ill get it but probably not use it much.  Well let me tell you I use it just about ever image: to adj clothing, fix poke through that I cant fix with morphs, move things like hair, create imprints on skin....

In this image I used MG to move Electro hair around the horns better because you could really tell that it was sticking through it.   On my lastest image I didn't bother because I thought the hair looked ok without it.

Post edited by Daventaki on