Clothing Texture tutorial

NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I hope this is where this goes.

Before the shift from the old forum to the new one, I thought I had seen a tutorial on how to make clothing textures. Now, today I had tried to go to the Forum Archive (the old forum), and I thought I had found the tutorial, but when I clicked on the link, it gave me an error message. (It happened with the other links in the message too, it wasn't just the one.)

I'm hoping I wasn't imagining things, and I didn't see what I thought I saw.

Here's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to get into doing textures, and I wanted to start with clothing, thinking it would be easier (maybe my problem was that I was thinking LOL.) Anyway, I had seen a couple of pictures over at deviantart (www.deviantart.com) by Jaguarry3 where he had done a cut out in the garment he was using (check out 'Seven but not as we know her' for an example of what I'm talking about), I wanted to do something similar. He says that he uses Poser, whereas I only use Studio (I don't have the money right now, to be able to splurge, and get Poser). He tried to give me the instructions on how to do it in Poser, but I was hoping to find them for Studio (he said he thought that the colors were backwards in Studio, but he wasn't sure.)

Can I find the instructions in the Studio3 version of the manual, or is this something that wasn't covered in there? Other than that, it there anywhere that I can find the tutorial?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Your friend
Oracle

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Chohole has a good tutorial on her site which might help.

http://chohole.ovbi.org/texture_tutorial.htm

• NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot, wilmap. That was the tutorial I was after.

Your friend
    Oracle

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Sorry you had problems finding it, it has moved around a couple of times. :roll:

• NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

That's not a problem, chohole. I understand, with the new forum, and all. I'm just glad that somebody had a good link for it. I was afraid I was loosing what was left of my mind, and there wasn't a whole lot there to begin with. LOL.

Thank you very much for the tutorial, by the way. Simple color replacement, I can do, but I was completely stuck on how to do what I wanted to do (the other, more complicated texturing.).

Your friend
    Oracle