Daz Studio keeps crashing

Jason BergerJason Berger Posts: 15

Can anyone help me out? I just installed (and re-installed) Daz 3D, but it keeps crashing on me. I can't run it for more than a few minutes. I'm on a brand new Surface Pro 7, which runs Windows 10.

(And when I'm able to load a figure, it's completely blown out like it's over exposed and you can't make out any details. But that'll be a problem for when I can get the program to stop crashing.)

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• The blown out figure sdounds like the Viewport is in Iray, or possibly Filament, Drawstyle - try switching to Texture Shaded via the sphere icon to the elft of the group of controls at top-right (or if you have a keyboard, ctrl 9)

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

I'm having the same issue.  Some new laptops having issues running 64 bit DIM and/or DS is apparently a known issue.  So far there does not appear to be a fix.  I've started a thread regarding the issue, and then I saw another thread and am waiting to see if anyone participating in that thread found a solution.  Here is the link to that thread:

Crashes on login (DAZ studio, DIM) - Daz 3D Forums

I sure hope a solution can be found because if not, I moved from a surface book 1 to a 3 for no reason :(

• Hey people, hoping you can help me out. Daz is crashing constantly, completely unusable.

If I try to log into the program, it crashes immediately. If I don't log in, I can sometimes keep it open for as long as 1-4 minutes before it crashes. It doesn't really matter what I'm doing, everything causes it to crash. However, if I just open the program, don't log in, and don't do anything then it seems to be able to stay open indefinitely.

I'm using the newest version of Daz 3D. The older version never did this for me, but I was using a different computer back then, so I'm not sure which difference is responsible for this.

I'm currently on a Surface tablet, using Windows 10. I had this same problem 3 months ago when I first bought this Surface, but I just stopped trying to use Daz hoping the problem would be corrected when I needed to use Daz. Now I actually need Daz to get some work done and the problem is still there.

I tried the help guidelines of deleting all the files in the dson and temp folders. That didn't help at all.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,462

I think there has been similar incidents within the past month and they were tracked down to a Windows 10 update. If you use google search on the forums, you could find the threads.

• Merged threads

• same here... :(

• Did you already try to downgrade to an older DS version? Maybe the issue only occurs with the current DS 4.15 version on some Windows 10 machines. (G8.1 also works fine in DS 4.14).
  • It is crashing to frequently on my new laptop. Even if I tried without login.

• kmwkmw Posts: 13

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Crash. Crash. Crash. It forced me to go with the competition.

• kmwtheconsumer said:

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Crash. Crash. Crash. It forced me to go with the competition.

I am on windows 11 and it's sure been a mess whenever I try to render my monitor goes black and I have to force close I have everything up to date with my drivers and daz3d is 4.16

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,462

cutealisa76 said:

kmwtheconsumer said:

I am on windows 11 and it's sure been a mess whenever I try to render my monitor goes black and I have to force close I have everything up to date with my drivers and daz3d is 4.16

Without more information on your system and environment, there is nothing we can do to help

• msusamamsusama Posts: 0

The same issue still no fix

• msusama said:

The same issue still no fix

Which same issue? Crashing? That may be any number of things, related to content or drivers or other system issues - we need more information.

• TogireTogire Posts: 402

What are your hardware specs?

I had frequent daz crashes, but after I increased my system main RAM, daz is extremely stable without any crash for monthes.

• a.nordboa.nordbo Posts: 4

I have the newest version of Daz3d installed,newly installed the software. My computer is 2 moths old:  i9-14900KF, 64,0 GB Ram, Gforce RTX 4090 and running with Windows 11 Pro. DAZ3D keeps crashing all the time, doesnt matter what i do, it just crashes. Im not a tech genius, so for all i know its an easy fix, in that case i would love to know:) Its a real shame really , cause ive spent quite an amount of $ on the Dazshop here, on stuff I cant use.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849

a.nordbo said:

I have the newest version of Daz3d installed,newly installed the software. My computer is 2 moths old:  i9-14900KF, 64,0 GB Ram, Gforce RTX 4090 and running with Windows 11 Pro. DAZ3D keeps crashing all the time, doesnt matter what i do, it just crashes. Im not a tech genius, so for all i know its an easy fix, in that case i would love to know:) Its a real shame really , cause ive spent quite an amount of $ on the Dazshop here, on stuff I cant use.

and do you have the HEAT plug-in installed? What nVidia driver are you using (if any - right-click on desktop>nVidia Control panel)?

edited April 3

Richard Haseltine said:

a.nordbo said:

and do you have the HEAT plug-in installed? What nVidia driver are you using (if any - right-click on desktop>nVidia Control panel)?

I updated the driver as soon as i saw your post, so ill try it out now. I do have Heat installed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

That seemed to do the trick thanks:D 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849

a.nordbo said:

Richard Haseltine said:

a.nordbo said:

I updated the driver as soon as i saw your post, so ill try it out now. I do have Heat installed

Sometimes it may be better to have a version closer to the minimum required (see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/666006/daz-studio-pro-4-22-1-x-highlights#latest ) as a newer driver can cause issues.

• cheardcheard Posts: 49

Hello friends! I am joining this thread looking for some help troubleshooting a crash when rendering a particular file. I have a scene that I must render at a 2550x1350 size because it will be published in print. I have two versions of the scene. V1 was created from scratch, and V2 was created by saving V1 with a different name and reposing the 3 human characters in the scene. V2 renders fine! V1 renders successfully at a smaller pixel size (500x300). But at full size, V1 renders for a couple of hours and then crashes. It doesn't matter whether I render direct to file or into the render window.

Since the file renders at lower sizes but fails at full size, I imagine memory might be playing a role. But if that's the case, I don't understand why V2 renders successfully.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to troubleshoot this and determine what's causing the crash?

DS 4.22.0.16
    Windows 11 Home v23H2
    Intel i5 with 32GB RAM
    GeForce RTX 3050 6GB Laptop GPU

• cheardcheard Posts: 49

Update: After posting I made the following changes, and then V1 rendered fine for me.

1. I deleted a superfluous camera. I doubt this really mattered, but did it anyway.

2. I reapplied a color material to a Jepe's Body Hair geoshell.

3. I updated my NVIDIA driver.

Scene has been successfully rendered, but I don't really know why the problem occurred to begin with and what fixed it.