The My Bucket's Got a Hole In It Complaint thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited March 2021

PerttiA said:

Saw two swans this morning flying through falling snow... I don't think the early bird got the worm this time...

Perhaps they were flying to get the "warm". (*groan*)indecision 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Complaint:  Still no stimulus check.  It's a good thing I haven't spent it already.frown  Anybody on US SS gotten their latest deposit yet?

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

"The early bird may get the early worm, but the early cat gets the early bird as well."  -Fatticus of Syracuse

The moral... Sleep in or a cat will eat you.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322

LeatherGryphon said:

Complaint:  Still no stimulus check.  It's a good thing I haven't spent it already.frown  Anybody on US SS gotten their latest deposit yet?

Yes. I got mine Wednesday.. I understand a lot of other people did too. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited March 2021

McGyver said:

"The early bird may get the early worm, but the early cat gets the early bird as well."  -Fatticus of Syracuse

The moral... Sleep in or a cat will eat you.

Complaint: Coyotes are threatening to get my "early bird" cat. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

@ LeatherGryphon 

So the Boston Pops are a symphony orchestra...? That makes more sense... I thought they were just a bunch of old Red Socks fans who sat around complaining about their kids.

I was like "why would you want to listen to that for three hours?"...

In my old neighborhood we had a bodega where two old guys used to sit outside on plastic chairs and do the same thing... I figured it was like a Boston version of that.

edited March 2021

Charlie Judge said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Hmmm... This is one party I don't want to miss.  I was worried that since I don't need to file income taxes anymore (a benefit of being poor) and I'd changed my mailing address from P.O. box, to actual street address, more than 6 months ago, that the IRS had lost me.surprise  But no, I checked my paper files and the last thing they sent me was just a few weeks ago and it had my new address on it.  So, now I'm even more anxious that somehow they think I'm ineligible, or worse yet, dead!  But, perhaps it's my bank's trouble.  Their website's been iffy and days behind on posts lately. 

I tried using the IRS's "Where's my deposit" tool but the answer indicated that "we don't have enough information... or... I'm not eligible".  Their words, not mine.frown  I guess, I'll just wait to Monday before panicing.indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

LeatherGryphon said:

Yup, couple of days ago.  Car problems, so it will not go toward new toys.

Dana

LeatherGryphon said:

Charlie Judge said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Hmmm... This is one party I don't want to miss.  I was worried that since I don't need to file income taxes anymore (a benefit of being poor) and I'd changed my mailing address from P.O. box, to actual street address, more than 6 months ago, that the IRS had lost me.surprise  But no, I checked my paper files and the last thing they sent me was just a few weeks ago and it had my new address on it.  So, now I'm even more anxious that somehow they think I'm ineligible, or worse yet, dead!  But, perhaps it's my bank's trouble.  Their website's been iffy and days behind on posts lately. 

I tried using the IRS's "Where's my deposit" tool but the answer indicated that "we don't have enough information... or... I'm not eligible".  Their words, not mine.frown  I guess, I'll just wait to Monday before panicing.indecision

You don't get your SS by direct deposit?

Dana

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Good morning folks~!

I know it's technically afternoon, but nothing counts before caffeine. 

May your checks come in, your fish be found, your eyeballs fixed, your chocolate safe, your car repairs cheap, and your coupons work!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

Good morning folks~!

May your checks come in, your fish be found, your eyeballs fixed, your chocolate safe, your car repairs cheap, and your coupons work!

It is always morning somewhere.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited March 2021

LeatherGryphon said:

...yeah same here, others on SS got their payments last weekend,  

DanaTA said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Dana

...wondering why I still haven't received mine as I am on SS and have direct deposit.  I have my account st upto pop me an email that a deposit has been made, but haven't received one yet (also checked to see if it got misdirected into the Spam folder).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,469

Miss Bad Wolf said:

certaintree38 said:

Good morning folks~!

It is always morning somewhere.

As it's close to 10pm, it's off to bed soon. 

certaintree38 said:

Good morning folks~!

...was still morning out here on the Left Coast.. 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

certaintree38 said:

Good morning folks~!

thank you.   greatly needed some kind words this morning. 

edited March 2021

kyoto kid said:

LeatherGryphon said:

...yeah same here, others on SS got their payments last weekend,  

DanaTA said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Dana

...wondering why I still haven't received mine as I am on SS and have direct deposit.  I have my account st upto pop me an email that a deposit has been made, but haven't received one yet (also checked to see if it got misdirected into the Spam folder).

Remember, this is tax refund season, so the IRS is really bogged down right now.  I have no idea how they prioritize these deposits.  I doubt that it's alphabetically.  It may be random.  It may depend on the status or date filed of you current tax return.  I don't know.

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on

DanaTA said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Charlie Judge said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Dana

I use the word "check" loosely.  But I do get my SS by direct deposit.  I was just worried that the SS gods may have discovered that my mailing address might not match their records and cause them to slip my account through a maze of busy little hands and somehow mistakenly declare me non-living.  Either that or the swat team will come though a hole in the ceiling and throw a mailbag over me and cart me off to an interrogation center and some guy with a babyface mask will attempt to extract information from me that I don't have.  Or was that a movie?  Regardless, the point is moot because they did send me some mail recently and it did have my current street address.  So, I guess I can stop worrying about spending a trip in a mailbag and I might even get my SS stimulus "deposit" eventually.  But thank you for enquiring.  It gave me a chance to refresh one of my recurring nightmares.yes

• CdpiersonCdpierson Posts: 66

LeatherGryphon said:

DanaTA said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Charlie Judge said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Dana

I use the word "check" loosely.  But I do get my SS by direct deposit.  I was just worried that the SS gods may have discovered that my mailing address might not match their records and cause them to slip my account through a maze of busy little hands and somehow mistakenly declare me non-living.  Either that or the swat team will come though a hole in the ceiling and throw a mailbag over me and cart me off to an interrogation center and some guy with a babyface mask will attempt to extract information from me that I don't have.  Or was that a movie?  Regardless, the point is moot because they did send me some mail recently and it did have my current street address.  So, I guess I can stop worrying about spending a trip in a mailbag and I might even get my SS stimulus "deposit" eventually.  But thank you for enquiring.  It gave me a chance to refresh one of my recurring nightmares.yes

The Get My Payment tool is totally useless if you want any information on the status of your stimulus deposit.  The first two go-rounds, my wife and I got ours on the day her regular SS payment was deposited, so I'm not going to panic until next Wednesday.  From what I've been reading, most banks have the deposit notifications, but they're waiting on the actual funding to process them.

edited March 2021

...not sure why the IRS is involved for those of us on SS who's benefits are too low to tax  didn't have to file.  When I spoke with an SSA rep last year, I was informed that if I went ahead and filed (even though I owed nothing) it would actually gum up the works. 

ETA

...checked my account to see if it slipped though without triggering a notification emial but it didn't .  Furthermore there is a statement on the site that direct deposits would be received and posted by the 17th (this past past Wednesday)

The IRS site says it has "no information" as most others have been getting, but again it make no sense as I have direct deposit and received both the 1,200$ and 600$ payments (the latter a couple days after the bill was approved).

This leaves me just a little concerned now.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

omg zombies that can climb.  cant suspend disbelief that far.  brains eating undead. fine.  but climbing undead.  nay

no stimulus here yet.  state tax refund came. no federal.

i dont plan to leave it in the bank.  cash in my drawer lasts a lot longer.  only spend cash for the occasional pizza delivery.

edited March 2021

Mystiarra said:

omg zombies that can climb.  cant suspend disbelief that far.  brains eating undead. fine.  but climbing undead.  nay

In the original Night of the Living Dead, the zombies could used tools...

In the very beginning the first zombie actually uses a rock to smash the window of the car someone is hiding in and one stabs someone else with a trowel...

Conceivable they could probably climb, or even use a pogo stick or trampoline to reach someone high up. 
    After all what is a zombie but a really uncoordinated cannibal that also happens to be a bit dead? 

To be honest, I'd be less worried about a zombie that could use a ladder, than one who could play chess or do taxes... because that makes them dangerous and smart... which is maybe why they want all those brains... ? 
    Now that's scary.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

McGyver said:

Conceivable they could probably climb, or even use a pogo stick or trampoline to reach someone high up. 

::laughing hysterically:: I'm now imaginging a zombie chase scene with a horde of zombies on pogo sticks chasing the hapless main character.

I may be a little low on sleep.

OH NO.

I logged into Facebook for the first time in a few days and saw there was a new friend request. Go to see who it's from and.... Oh my god. sad

It's my ex-boyfriend from when I was in high school. He was crazy and violent and didn't believe in books (don't ask me what I was thinking when I decided to date him- I clearly wasn't thinking at all). So no way am I going to accept the request, but I decide to have a peek at his page first (who could resist?!).  The first thing I notice is that he has a kid now. But the second thing? He's moved. 

We both grew up in Florida but all his pics for the last couple of years show big towering trees, waterfalls, and snow. What's worse, it looks like the pacific northwest, which is where I live now. 

I decided to look him up on Truthfinder and whatdoyouknow? He lives in WASHINGTON, where I live, just a few hours away.

You might think I'm overreacting if I say I hope he doesn't stalk me. But he was certifiably crazy and he used to come home with blood on his shirt from fights. One day, after we broke up, he wouldn't leave my front lawn, even though I kept telling him (through the window) to leave. So my brother had to chase him off with a nightstick. 

I'm glad I didn't decide to have a chat before blocking him, but he probably already knows that I live nearby. cryingcryingcrying

My knock-off Roomba arrived today. Got it set up and it finally finished charging, so I let it run for a bit while watching it. Seems to like the kitchen a lot, which is fine by me. But the important part is going to be training the cats to use it as a pet chariot. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Just staying awake until the changeover to see if there's anything good to complain about.

i can sense the pollen poised to explode.

• sriesch said:

McGyver said:

::laughing hysterically:: I'm now imaginging a zombie chase scene with a horde of zombies on pogo sticks chasing the hapless main character.

I can't help feeling they would leave a trail of disjecta membra

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Sevrin said:

Just staying awake until the changeover to see if there's anything good to complain about.

Bah.  Didn't buy that bundle, so I missed out on Coupongate. 

edited March 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

sriesch said:

McGyver said:

I can't help feeling they would leave a trail of disjecta membra

Exactly!

Thats probably one of my biggest issues with zombie movies, it's like they generally never go past a certain rot level... 

Like with the Walking Dead... after a while all those millions of zombies would eventually just fall apart... they aren't even seeking shelter, so between storm damage and just regular wear and tear from the elements, you'd figure it would whittle down the numbers significantly to the point that they'd eventually be limited to more recently accepted members of the zombie community...

And speaking of weather... Do they not freeze?

They should freeze or at least significantly slow down in cold weather, so wouldn't that be the perfect time to eradicate them in droves? 
    You'd imagine after a while far northern areas would become safer as people would figure that out.

But diehard fans will poo-poo that idea as "the virus they are infected with inhibits rot past a certain point or the zombie virus acts as a natural antifreeze"... 

So fine, then why not give them pogo sticks or at least recumbent bicycles (if they aren't that coordinated)... then it's like "No, that's silly, they can't ride bikes or bounce around on pogo sticks"... and I'm like no, that's stereotyping, that's on you, your own ideas about who zombies are and what they can achieve... open your damn mind and hand a zombie a pogo stick and let them show you what they can do... in fact... go hug one or are you too afraid of your own low expectations of zombies?

But I do that with bears and tigers too... (encourage people to hug them)... after all you'll never know if an animal wants to eat you unless you give it a chance to.

But yeah, zombies should all eventually fall apart.

Post edited by McGyver on
This discussion has been closed.