Saving pose controls in a pose file for an attachable figure (G8M)

I'm using RAWArt's cat tail for Genesis 8 Male and I'm trying to save poses for the tail. The pose file manages to save things that are under the General tab (Translate, Rotate, Scale) but the things under the Pose Controls tab in the figure (BendAll, SideAll, TwistAll, Hang_Down). How do I get those elements to save in the pose file so that I don't have to dial them up every time? I think I've tried every Save As option and nothing seems to work. Any ideas, please???

Comments

• Did you make sure to enable those 'Pose controls' in the save options?

After you selected the file name you'll see a 'pose preset save option' dialog, this allows you to include everything you wish to save. Expand the figure and make sure that 'Pose controls' is part of your selection. Also make sure that you're saving the right figure, if that tail is some kind of add-on I could image that some things get excluded when saving the main character.

Hope this can help

• No, I've got the tail selected when I'm saving the pose. When it didn't work the first time, I expanded to see if pose controls were a part of what was being saved and it was not. It wasn't even listed, which doesn't make any sense. All that is listed are the scale,rotate and translate settings. I know it can, because I looked at pose files for the Torment tail and those settings are in the pose file. I'm missing something somewhere and I just can't figure out what I'm not checking to get it to work. Very frustrating.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

GRFK DSGN Unlimited said:

I'm using RAWArt's cat tail for Genesis 8 Male and I'm trying to save poses for the tail. The pose file manages to save things that are under the General tab (Translate, Rotate, Scale) but the things under the Pose Controls tab in the figure (BendAll, SideAll, TwistAll, Hang_Down). How do I get those elements to save in the pose file so that I don't have to dial them up every time? I think I've tried every Save As option and nothing seems to work. Any ideas, please???

Select one of the pose controls and go to parametersettings and set type to modifyer/pose. Repeat for the other pose controls. When done, save as support asset/morph assets. Now the pose controls should show in the pose preset save options window.

• Thanks. I'll try that and see what happens. Figured I was missing something somewhere. Just didn't know what.

•  

Thanks, Sven, that did the trick.