Duplicate formulas found issues main issue with embedded questions (long)

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me and explain an little better what causes duplicate formula errors on loading scenes / characters and how to fix it.  I've read a few posts on the forums, tried some of the suggestions, in one case it got rid of the files that were in the log giving it issues, but when i saved and reloaded the scene, it caused a whole lot more.  Some of which weren't in the log the first time.

I have characters saved as scenes, so that i can merge whichever character, or grouping may appear in a given scene, I've spent literally weeks manually moving the directories inside of DAZ, for organization and finding things when making scenes (i did this before figuring getting a little better with custom categories on the bottom of the menu tree) then testing them to make sure the products work, and that materials still load from the new locations.  While it is mostly consistent, there is still some pretty random placement.  Accessories, being installed in clothing, or Anatomy, so i moved them around.  Organized Characters under Letters, since some vendors put them under the character name, others under an artist name, others nested under both.  I was getting so many characters installed, that i had to hunt under different menus trying to find where it was, in what category.

I noticed, after getting a good deal of it done, that moving the items didn't always copy over the listing on the icons, of whether it was an actor, shape, prop, accessory, etc.  Which was only a minor annoyance to be honest, and one i was willing to deal with for the efficiency of having them organized.

It takes literally minutes to load a single G8 female into the scene.  And some of the scenes i have saved (just the characters, no other props, clothing, environments, or anything else)  take a lot longer.  I loaded one that was 4 characters and timed it at 29m 38s.  Restoring the figure to a zero pose takes a lot longer as well.  I've thought about removing uneeded morphs from the characters, but i am not certain how to do this efficiently.  This was actually what i did with the first one, It was trying to load morphs from a character i have installed, but have never used, and didn't use the sliders at all when i was building the character.

I've spent literally weeks, putting things into categories, moving them around, but it's in the main library of daz, before i figured custom categories out.  I really, really don't want to have to reinstall everything.  While there are items I have installed i don't need, and have no problems reinstalling.  I've spent a bit of time tweaking custom characters and i'm not sure how to save them as a preset I can use on a different machine (if it can even be done having moved everythign around)  I have 2 Titan X cards in my desktop, so rendering is very quick, or relatively quick (though i'm still experimenting with what slows it down, caustics, hair, reflections type things) and i'd like to be able to set up scenes on my laptop while the desktop renders.  Perhaps a central installation library?  But again, I'm that dangerous creature known as a dabbler.  Trying to learn solid skills.

For example If i have the same character installed on both machines, and i've designed and tweak a character on the desktop, and i save the .duf files.  Be it as scene, scene subset, character preset, i've used all of them, still not certain if any are quicker than others.  Can i save that onto a usb drive and load it onto the laptop, will DAZ be able to load the character i've created,  if the all of the character packages used, are installed, but in the default location for example.  

I'd appreciate any help,

Thanks in advance, 

Tim

Comments

• Where do dup;icate formulae come into that? You meantion them at the start but then never again.

If you use standard sliders and maps to create the character then its presets will work on another machien as long as it has the required content installed.

Moving files on disc breaks the link to metadata, that's why the content-type tags (among other things) get lost.

• Also, something i remembered after i'd posted, the first time i tried to fix it I went into edit mode on the parameters pane, and individiually deleted the mophs that were shown as WARNING in the log file.  Then i resaved it, reloaded it, and four minutes later when it was finally popping up duplicate formula's found...the morphs were back in the character, even though i had deleted them and saved.

• The duplicate formulas comes up after the extremely long load time.  I'll choose to merge a character into an empty scene, then when it's mostly finished the duplicate warning box pops up.  I click it, then it finishes loading.  I looked at the log, and don't understand what it's doing.  It looks like it's trying to call settings from random characters I have installed

• I tried to open the duf file in wordpad and manually delete the references,  but yeah...coding  >.>  <,<   I didn't understand how much in the brackets I needed to delete and I do know enough to know that messing up the nesting there is bad..  debugging  *shudders*

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,478

When you load a character, that character loads the dials and their dependencies for all the morphs and characters you have installed for the base figure (Genesis 8 Female or any other) the character uses, no matter how much you edit the duf file you have saved, the only way to prevent this from happening is to uninstall unneeded morphs and character morphs from DS.

• Here is a snippet of the log file, for loading genesis 8.1.   I just upgraded to 4.15  last night, and haven't created any characters with this model.  And actually i think it's the first time i loaded her.   Not sure what it's trying to do,  but it seems like it's expressions from several characters.

2021-02-25 14:23:42.754 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLSmileOpenFullFace_HD.dsf#eCTRLSmileOpenFullFace?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/ChangelingChick/CC%20Kaiya%20for%20Mei%20Lin%208/eJCMSmileOpenFullFace_HD_KaiyaHoyden.dsf
    2021-02-25 14:23:42.879 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6777): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Mei%20Lin%208/FHMMeiLin8.dsf#FHMMeiLin8?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/ChangelingChick/CC%20Kaiya%20for%20Mei%20Lin%208/CC%20Kaiya%20Head.dsf
    2021-02-25 14:23:42.938 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6777): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Mei%20Lin%208/FBMMeiLin8.dsf#FBMMeiLin8?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/ChangelingChick/CC%20Kaiya%20for%20Mei%20Lin%208/CC%20Kaiya%20Body.dsf
    2021-02-25 14:23:43.889 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/AVP%20GEN%208/Cheetah/eCTRLSmileOpenFullFace_HD.dsf#eCTRLSmileOpenFullFace?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/AVP%20GEN%208/Cheetah/Cheetah%20female%20Gen%204%20Smile%20open%20full%20face.dsf
    2021-02-25 14:23:43.895 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/AVP%20GEN%208/Cheetah/eCTRLMouthSmile.dsf#eCTRLMouthSmile?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/AVP%20GEN%208/Cheetah/Cheetah%20female%20Gen%204%20Mouth%20Smile.dsf
    2021-02-25 14:23:43.895 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/AVP%20GEN%208/Cheetah/eCTRLMouthSmileOpen.dsf#eCTRLMouthSmileOpen?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/AVP%20GEN%208/Cheetah/Cheetah%20female%20Gen%204%20Mouth%20Smile%20open.dsf
    2021-02-25 14:23:43.901 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/AVP%20GEN%208/Cheetah/eCTRLMouthSide-Side.dsf#eCTRLMouthSide-Side?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/AVP%20GEN%208/Cheetah/Cheetah%20female%20Gen%204%20Mouth%20side%20right.dsf
    2021-02-25 14:23:43.901 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/AVP%20GEN%208/Cheetah/eCTRLMouthSide-Side.dsf#eCTRLMouthSide-Side?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/AVP%20GEN%208/Cheetah/Cheetah%20female%20Gen%204%20Mouth%20side%20left.dsf
    2021-02-25 14:23:43.907 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/AVP%20GEN%208/Cheetah/eCTRLMouthClosed.dsf#eCTRLMouthClosed?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/AVP%20GEN%208/Cheetah/Cheetah%20female%20Gen%204%20Mouth%20Closed.dsf
    2021-02-25 14:23:43.907 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/AVP%20GEN%208/Cheetah/eCTRLLipsPuckerWide.dsf#eCTRLLipsPuckerWide?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/AVP%20GEN%208/Cheetah/Cheetah%20female%20Gen%204%20Lips%20Pucker%20Wide.dsf

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,478

tsb2535 said:

Here is a snippet of the log file, for loading genesis 8.1.   I just upgraded to 4.15  last night, and haven't created any characters with this model.  And actually i think it's the first time i loaded her.   Not sure what it's trying to do,  but it seems like it's expressions from several characters.

2021-02-25 14:23:42.754 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLSmileOpenFullFace_HD.dsf#eCTRLSmileOpenFullFace?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/ChangelingChick/CC%20Kaiya%20for%20Mei%20Lin%208/eJCMSmileOpenFullFace_HD_KaiyaHoyden.dsf

It doesn't matter if you have or have not created any characters with G8.1 before.

On DS 4.15 any G8.1 based figure/character reads all the G8 and G8.1 morphs that are installed and creates the dial and dependencies between them. In older versions of DS, G8.1 based figures/characters load only the G8.1 morphs.

The warning can be read as "While reading the file 'eJCMSmileOpenFullFace_HD_KaiyaHoyden.dsf', DS found a reference to file (or function inside the file) 'eCTRLSmileOpenFullFace_HD.dsf', which it cannot find.
    As the file 'eCTRLSmileOpenFullFace_HD.dsf' is located in '...\DAZ 3D\Expressions\..." it probably belongs to an (DAZ Original) expression pack that you don't have.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846
    edited February 2021

The file eCTRLSmileOpenFullFace_HD.dsf is part of the Starter Essentials, so if you can load G8F then you should have that file.

"Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLSmileOpenFullFace_HD.dsf#eCTRLSmileOpenFullFace?value
    is the correct pathway/property ID for it, so I'm starting to wonder WTF is going on in your data folder to cause this.

Duplicate Formula -

{"output" : "lowerJaw:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#lowerJaw?translation/z",
    "operations" : [
    { "op" : "push", "url" : "Genesis8Female:#eJCMVictoria8SmileOpenFullFace_HDLv2?value" },
    { "op" : "push", "val" : -0.1 },
    { "op" : "mult" }]}

{"output" : "Genesis8Female:#eJCMVictoria8SmileOpenFullFace_HDLv2?value",
    "operations" : [
    { "op" : "push", "url" :"Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLSmileOpenFullFace_HD.dsf#eCTRLSmileOpenFullFace?value" },
    { "op" : "push", "val" : 1 },
    { "op" : "mult" }]}

^^^ These are what formula look like, it's also called ERC (Enhanced Remote Control).
    The first one controls bone movement when you dial up the specified morph (adjust rigging to shape for those that are wondering), the second connects one morph dial to another morph dial.
    Duplicate formula errors normally happen with the second type of formula, with this type the "output" line needs to be unique to the figure, basically you have two or more DSF files with identical "output" lines.

Now looking at your partial log I'm wondering if you use any of the character converters, that would explain the mess that Cheetah character has caused in the log, and would probably explain the Duplicate Formula errors.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • i don't use one regularly, but i have attempted to use the g3 to g8 character converter a few times.  The first character I tried worked fine, but the second didn't seem to work at all.  The problem child was Nargol, the half orc iirc.  Looking at the character package could it be that it was a shaping preset only, and not a 'full'  character?

Having said that  *scratches head*  i don't understand why it would be the cheetah character...i'd have to check to be sure, but i think that's how the g3  Cleo character is referenced in DAZ