Scene lights always off

I just tried loading the Hotel room with the lamps set to on and light set to room lights but when I test render there is no lights working at all. How do I make the lights that come with Hotel room work?

Comments

• What is the Environment Mode set to in Render Settings?

• VolvoB10MVolvoB10M Posts: 105
    edited February 2021

Dome & Scene

env.JPG
    486 x 724 - 66K
    Post edited by VolvoB10M on
  • Is this correct or is it causing the problem? I have tried changing it but it either has no effect or makes the render colour 0.

• Dome and Sceen should elt both work - however, it's quite possible that the dome, whether Sun/Sky or an HDR, will overwhelm any scene lights. If the Scene only option makes the room dark then try adjusting the Tone Mapping settings (set ISO to 1600 or more) and see if that helps - if so it's just that the scene lights can't compete with the dome, if not it's possible that there aren't any functioning scene lights.

• I can't find any tone mapping setting in the render settings. I have only find tone settings in individual objects under the surfaces editor. However this is not happening to just one object's surface but the entire render is showing as dark as if there are no lights present when there are multiple light sources. There are multiple objects and figures that are loaded in to the scene which are reflecting the same amount of light. Adding extra lights results in the same thing. 

Stacey render.jpg
    1067 x 722 - 568K
  • Ifv there are no Tone Mapping options then you are using the defaults, which are for a bright day outdoors. A render should create the tone mapper options node, or it can be added from the Create menu - once there you should also see the Tone mapping group in Render Settings' Editor tab.

edited March 2021

There is no way to edit the tonemapper options, as it shows in the screenshot I click the tonemapper options and get nothing as it is locked. It just says I need to select something even though it is selected.

Post edited by VolvoB10M on
  • Which screen shot? What are you clicking?

• JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661

mayfield_deltic said:

I just tried loading the Hotel room with the lamps set to on and light set to room lights but when I test render there is no lights working at all. How do I make the lights that come with Hotel room work?

You mentioned a 'room'. Is it possible that your camera is outside the room being blocked by a 'wall'?

The screenshot has disappeared for some reason, it showed the tonemapper options box was empty although I have got them to show now as they were all marked as hidden for some reason. I am not using any cameras at the moment, I am using the default view which is unobstructed. I have done a few renders in multiple locations which resulted in the same thing. The test renders I attatched earlier should still be visible to all but attatchments seem to be vanishing as soon as I submit a post now, if not it was not completely invisible but very dark. I tested again using a different environment which works fine. Despite this, none of the light emitters work if I load the Hotel room, loading extra lights results in nothing happening even though this environment has worked fine before.

• JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661

I suspect that said 'hotel room is this product?

https://www.daz3d.com/interiors-the-hotel-room

I don't have this product. I've read the product description and it appears that this product was made for earlier versions of DS and poser.
    The lighting will not work properly with Iray.

You can convert the materials to Iray and make the lamp props Iray emitters. You can also introduce your own parametric lights (spot, point) into the scene. Make sure you bump up the luminous flux (at least 20000 lm and more. Anything below that will produce just a faint light.