City Skydom Problem

There is a problem with this cities skydom as can be seen in the test renders attachedm 1st one is with the skydome hidden and 2nd one is with it unhidden, 3rd is screenshot from in DAZ. Anyone know why this is happening and how I can sort it? 

City test 0.png
1920 x 1080 - 4M
City test 1.png
1920 x 1080 - 821K
Desktop Screenshot 2021.02.22 - 15.14.30.23.png
2560 x 1440 - 652K

Comments

• Skydomes are generally for 3Delight, they block external light (distant linghts or HDRs) in Iray.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Skydomes are generally for 3Delight, they block external light (distant linghts or HDRs) in Iray.

Oh I see, they do not come oput great with 3Delight, look much better in Iray, half the road disspears too without the Skydome :( anyway to fix that?  

• Make some lights [mesh lights] inside the dome.

• Just noticed the photos are not with the first post for some reason 

City test 0.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    City test 1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 821K
    Desktop Screenshot 2021.02.22 - 15.14.10.92.png
    2560 x 1440 - 662K
  • Just hide the Skydome (click the eye icon next to its entry in the Scene pane, or even just delete it). I'm not sure which city this is, but you might check to see if there is an Iray version too.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Just hide the Skydome (click the eye icon next to its entry in the Scene pane, or even just delete it). I'm not sure which city this is, but you might check to see if there is an Iray version too.

Its Dystopia City Blocks, without the skydome though part of the road disappears too for some reason :( 

• Ah. Is that the anciebnt original, or oen of the later add-ons? I have only the inital free set of four blocks, and I don't recall them having a dome.

You could use the Geoemtry Editor to remove the road bits from the dome; you could also, if the sky is a separate surface, apply the base colour map to the Luminosity Colour 9and set the value to white), then eadjust the temperature (something like 5,500K) and use the whole thing as an emitter to light the scene.