Kiina 8 and 8.1

KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
edited February 2021 in The Commons

I had 2 Kiina's in my Content Library, the one with green eyes is PBR skin which renders as regular skin tone and the red eyes is regular iray Uber settings,  but has the greenish tinge to it. Is this how they are supposed to render or how do I get the PBR skin to have the same green tone as the Uber skin ?  I did try to copy over the translucency color as it is green to the white translucency color setting  on the PBR skin but it didn't make any difference.  It takes away from the character if it just has normal skin tone

Kiina 8 red KiiNa 8.1 green.jpg
1500 x 1950 - 1M
Post edited by Kharma on

Comments

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574

Is there a mat file for the Iray Uber version? I believe it can be applied to G8.1 as well. You might have to apply the Uber shader to the surfaces you want to apply the mats to first.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Quasar said:

Is there a mat file for the Iray Uber version? I believe it can be applied to G8.1 as well. You might have to apply the Uber shader to the surfaces you want to apply the mats to first.

This was the default material when I loaded each one, I just expected the color would be more similar even tho they were using the 2 different shaders. I tried changes various settings to get the PBR skin closer to the greenish shade of the IRay Uber but what I tried didn't work,

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

The face markings are also different the flesh coloured are extruding whereas the green are sunken.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i keep misreding this title as King and I.

shall we dance?

edited February 2021

Now I wonder if the textures are actually different colors. If that's the case, it would seem that the artist wanted them to be different. That would create more options. I don't see any real quality difference between the two shaders in this render, so I guess it's just best to use the one that you like more.

Post edited by Quasar on

I like the texture of the PBR shader better, as @scorpio said it has the raised markings but I like the greenish tone of the uber shader but as mentined I can't seem to find the right settings to combine them

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308

Here's a link, 'cuz DAZ search is so, you know, *awesome*.

Kii'Na HD for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female

• Something seems to be mixed up here. The promos on the product page look different. I cannot find those blue textures with that "tattoo" below the eye.

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Something seems to be mixed up here. The promos on the product page look different. I cannot find those blue textures with that "tattoo" below the eye.

I didn't find them either, I am guessing not included with the character? 

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

In the promo for her in the bundle she's included with, she looks green. Now she's blue. Maybe they made a big change to the product. 

If the raised markings are created by a displacement or normal map, you should be able to do the same thing with the green Uber Shader version by changing the value from positive to negative or vice versa.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Now I wish I installed her when I purchased it she looked so much nicer, I would not have purchased it with this blue skin 

• Since the update she looks completly different! Someone here knows why they changed the whole figure? Green looks mucht better than the blue new thing.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308
    edited February 2021

Yeah, the green one earned my money - the blue one would have waited for a deep sale. What the heck????  I'm gonna be pretty annoyed if at some point DIM installs the blue and gets rid of the green. At this point, they REALLY need to just give BOTH blue and green and why not hrow a red in for good measure.  And is this DAZ, or Kooki99 doing this?

Also, note that the blue ears are VERY different from the green.

Anyone submit a Support Ticket to try and get to the bottom of it?

Post edited by Gogger on
  • My guess is the green skin. There was a serious difference in texture between the body and limbs (pore difference, a solid line and something off with specular (I think)). I found this in a test render I did. When I looked back at the initial promos, the lines were there. And yep, I'm not happy with the new update *sigh*

• Is there a possibility to downgrade the figure? 

• Closing this as it is going to keep attracting wild guesses.

This discussion has been closed.