Find that pose with Pose Swissknife! Free plug-in (Mac/Win)

Hi everybody!

We just released a little plug-in we originally developed for internal use. But this one turned out to be so incredibly useful that we couldn't help but share it with all Daz users :)

http://www.atrilliongames.com/poseswissknife/index.htm

Pose Swissknife will make your life easier by letting you browse all pose products installed on your PC by directly applying them to a G8/G8.1 based figure.

It's in beta and under constant development, but it's completely free to use for personal and commercial use. Mac and Windows versions.

Enjoy!

Comments

• My Virus checker is saying this is a not safe product and might compromise network integrity.

• I tried downloading the 64-bit version, and Norton is screaming at me and wiping the file before I can finish.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I just downloaded it to check  and neither Avast or Malwarebytes complined at all.  And they can both be quite pernickety sometimes.

• Downloaded and ran it through MacAfe (I know I know) but no problems. Using it now. Brilliant tool. Literally took the half the pose I was working on and found me a better one already in my collection. Thanks @atrilliongames

• I'm going to go out on a limb and override Norton. It could be a mistake but I'm itching to try this out later. 

• We just uploaded an update that fixes some bugs and adds a few new features:

• made Pose Finder a bit smarter in orienting the viewed pose based on initial figure orientation

• fixed Pose Finder sometimes missing matching poses or showing non-matching poses

• fixed right-click reset tool wrongly resetting the aspect of a character to the default G8/G8.1 figure

• added ability to choose to view female-only or male-only poses (in Pose Finder)

• added ability to view currently memorized reference pose by right-clicking the 'reference pose' icon on main plugin page

• custom poses are now saved as compressed .duf files (saves hard-disk space)

Have a nice day!

• Thanx, I will DL again.

I tried using it earlier and was pleasantly surprised using it with G8F- a VERY useful tool.

I tried using it with G8.1 and I'm not quite sure if it worked - I will try again.

• bnstone_17c4c6d3f8 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and override Norton. It could be a mistake but I'm itching to try this out later. 

A great plugin, I saw poses I didn't even know that I had ....lollaugh

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Thanks! This looks neat. 

• ooh, thanks new tool. Great work

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

nice tool :)

Apparently I have 33,312 poses installed.indexing them now.

I honestly didn't know I had that many.

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 444

This is a really good plug-in, thank you so much for sharing this.

Having so many poses in different folders,  this plugin saves so much time. I also REALLY dig that it checks for duplicates and poses.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687

I still use Genesis 2 quite a bit:  any chance this could be updated for Genesis, Gen2, Gen3, and the like?

• We haven't considered adding previous Genesis figure compatibility. I guess it would be pretty challenging as the plug-in heavily relies on G8-specific features. But never say never... cheeky

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687

atrilliongames said:

We haven't considered adding previous Genesis figure compatibility. I guess it would be pretty challenging as the plug-in heavily relies on G8-specific features. But never say never... cheeky

Thanks, even for that much!
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Any screenshots or video of this in action.  I try and limit downloads and instalations, unless I know I can use it.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

atrilliongames said:

We just uploaded an update that fixes some bugs and adds a few new features:

• made Pose Finder a bit smarter in orienting the viewed pose based on initial figure orientation

• fixed Pose Finder sometimes missing matching poses or showing non-matching poses

• fixed right-click reset tool wrongly resetting the aspect of a character to the default G8/G8.1 figure

• added ability to choose to view female-only or male-only poses (in Pose Finder)

• added ability to view currently memorized reference pose by right-clicking the 'reference pose' icon on main plugin page

• custom poses are now saved as compressed .duf files (saves hard-disk space)

Have a nice day!

My browser complains about the "insecure" http link. 

• We just posted an update with new amazingly useful features! You can get it at

https://www.atrilliongames.com/poseswissknife/index.htm

New to version 0.92:

- ability to lock specific parts of the figure while browsing for poses. There is a 'how to' section at the bottom of the plugin page with usage tips for the new features.

- support for usage of the plug-in when running multiple instances of Daz Studio

Enjoy!

PS: as for secure browsing, thank you for reporting it. Our website will also let you browse securely in a 'https' session if you start the URL with 'https', like in the link above.

• Hello,

I downloaded the 64-bit version of V.092 into my C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins and restarted Daz 4.15.0.2 Pro Edition (64-bit), but I don't see the plug-in under Window, Panes (Tabs). Am I misunderstanding something or doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for creating the plug-in and making it publicly available, as well as for helping me figure out the installion.

• Hi, thanks for posting. Please try the following:

In Daz Studio, refresh the menu items with

Windows -> Workspace -> Update And Merge Menus

If you still can't find the plug-in under Windows -> Panes (tabs), check if the plug-in loaded successfully under

Help -> About Installled Plugins

The 'Pose Swissknife' plug-in should have a green plug icon next to it. If instead failed to load, it could be that the .dll file didn't download completely from our website and is a partial/corrupt file. Try downloading it again.

Please let us know if it still fails.

• atrilliongames said:

Hi, thanks for posting. Please try the following:

In Daz Studio, refresh the menu items with

Windows -> Workspace -> Update And Merge Menus

If you still can't find the plug-in under Windows -> Panes (tabs), check if the plug-in loaded successfully under

The 'Pose Swissknife' plug-in should have a green plug icon next to it. If instead failed to load, it could be that the .dll file didn't download completely from our website and is a partial/corrupt file. Try downloading it again.

Please let us know if it still fails.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I did 'Update and Merge Menus' as well as re-download the 64-bit version to no avail. I also downloaded the 32-bit version but unfortunately that didn't work either.

Prior to both downloads I

deleted the existing Pose Swissknife .dll from the plug-ins folder,

ran a paid, updated version of Ccleaner

to delete any extraneous files from my hard drive, as well as

to also clean out the Windows registry.

After downloading, in both cases I also

made sure that the .dll grants "full-control" permissions to All Applications Packages, All Restricted Application Packages, System, Administrators, and Users, as well as

again update/merge menus within Daz Studio.

However, despite all of that I was never able to find the plug-in in Windows/Panes (Tabs), nor in Help/About Installed Plug-ins.

Currently, the I have the 64-bit version copied in my plugs-in folder, which shows is 1,136 KB.

I am running a 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home that was last updated on 3/10/2021. However, it is still the 2004 version of Windows 10 Home.

Being that it is currently Easter weekend, I suspect that it won't be until at least Monday at the soonest that I might see a reply. In the meantime I will try updating to Windows 10 version 20H2 to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any additional ideas and input you or anyone might be able to provide.

Lastly - despite being a Daz user since May 2015, this is only my second post ever, so I am not sure if my questions should be in a separate thread than this one. If so, please excuse the inadvertent faux pas.

• Since the plug-in isn't listed at all under

it could mean that the PoseSwissknife.dll ended up in the wrong 'plugins' folder. For example you may have an older/alternate version of Daz Studio installed besides the one you are using and saved the .dll to the older version's 'plugin' folder.

To find the location of the Daz Studio executable you are using, right-click the Daz Studio icon on your desktop and select 'Properties'. The path to the .exe for your Daz Studio executable should be displayed on the 'Shortcut' tab. That path is also where you will find the right 'plugin' folder.

And, for those who are celebrating, Happy Easter!

• atrilliongames said:

Since the plug-in isn't listed at all under

it could mean that the PoseSwissknife.dll ended up in the wrong 'plugins' folder. For example you may have an older/alternate version of Daz Studio installed besides the one you are using and saved the .dll to the older version's 'plugin' folder.

To find the location of the Daz Studio executable you are using, right-click the Daz Studio icon on your desktop and select 'Properties'. The path to the .exe for your Daz Studio executable should be displayed on the 'Shortcut' tab. That path is also where you will find the right 'plugin' folder.

And, for those who are celebrating, Happy Easter!

Hello, Again:

Three things I’d like to mention, and one question I’d like to ask:

1) Thank you, thank you, thank you!

With your kind assistance I was able to finally get Pose Swissknife to appear inside Daz.

Over the years I had upgraded Daz several times, but I wasn’t aware that it had created multiple installations onto my hard drive. It looks like I’m going to have to compare files to make sure all my assets are in my current installation, and then delete the extraneous installations to free up space on my hard drive.

2) Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Within just a few minutes I was able to quickly see how nifty and useful a utility Pose Swissknife is. I was quickly able to create a new scene from scratch with two Genesis 8 characters.

During the software initiation process, in less than twenty minutes Pose Swissknife identified almost 37,000 poses in my Daz library; then classified, recognized duplicates and indexed my poses into a little over 35,500 unique poses; and then further identified all the mirrored poses to be ignored to finally clean up and index all my poses into 1,300 final poses!

Usually I give up too early if something frustrates me too much. Trying to figure out the installation sure did frustrate me (though my woes ultimately had nothing to do with Pose Swissknife, but rather were due to me unknowingly having multiple Daz installations on my computer), but I am sure glad I stuck with it because now I have a great nifty little utility that will save me a bunch of time setting up new renders.

3) Thank you, thank you, thank you!

For making Pose Swissknife available to those outside of your organization (and for free on top of that!)

And my question is, “Any chance you folks might create a similar utility to categorize, organize, and index iRay shaders?”

Even if it were to be released as a utility script for purchase, I would be greatly interested.

Lastly, before signing off I didn't want to forget to say "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" - for everything.

- Best,

Leohr Aicrag

• LuckBeLuckBe Posts: 93

This is a FANTASTIC utility, wow! Thank you so much for sharing this with the community! Having using it for 10 minutes to test it, I can't imagine living without it. It's especially helpful, because I have a bunch of pose conversion utiities that I've used to convert poses for previous generations- which means my pose folder is something of a mess of nested items, and duplicates in some cases. I'll fix it up eventually, but this makes it so I can actually see what I have and USE those items. Outstanding! Just really functional and remarkable!

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

very nice tool

thank you

would it be very hard to do this with morphs ?

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

how do i set the custom pose librarie folder for saving poses ?

• atrilliongamesatrilliongames Posts: 10
    edited April 2021

We just released an update with new must-have tools!

https://www.atrilliongames.com/poseswissknife/index.htm

New to version 0.93
    • added pose swapping/mirroring tools, pose limits clamping tools and pose baking tool (more on these new features at the home page)
    • fixed prop position being altered for all animation frames except the current one, when rotation axes order was changed by using the 'Optimize Editing' tool on a prop

As for making a 'swissknife' for shaders and morphs, it would be really great, but at the moment this is all we have. Thanks for your suggestions though, and for all the kind words everyone!

Post edited by atrilliongames on
  • GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Wow, this looks like a great utility, and thanks so much for making this available!

Unfortunately, my current version of Windows 10 will not even complete the download before it blocks it.  The message is: "PoseSwissknife.dll was blocked because it could harm your device."

• Thank you for reporting it, it's a known issue. In order to provide full protection, Windows 10 blocks the download of any program from the Web by default, unless it's a Microsoft app or it has been certified by some kind of Internet authority. In the future, when it's a stable software, we may consider submitting the plug-in to Daz as a commecial product for the Daz Studio store. This should make it easier to get without restrictions.