New Daz 3D Gallery Launches!

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815

Faeofthe3rdDimension said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Well, for some reason today I am unable to upload anything.  When I try to create a page, it says that it "Saves", but it doesn't really.  And when I hit "Publish", it says that publishing failed.  I have tried multiple times, using two different methods (using the "post Image" button, and posting through the gallery page edit screen).  Nothing works.

Can you give me a link to your Gallery Page. I'll try to take a look at it.  

Thanks!  Here's my page https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5018211716169728#gallery=popular&page=1 (or click the "Gallery" link in my sig, I've updated it).

Are you still having this issue? I think the issue in question that you were having may now be resolved but I want to make sure. If you are still having issues getting the images to publish, please let me know.  

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610

DAZ_ann0314 said:

melissastjames said:

AlfRaMusic said:

Go to your Gallery, then to the image in question----> Edit and on the right side you see this in the picture i added here, ther you can choose the gallery in which you want to move the picture!

I did this, but now the image is showing in both galleries...the one I wanted to move it to, and still in the one I wanted to move it from.  

Can you post a link to your gallery for me so I can take a look at that. heart 

Hi there - I'm trying to remove the image from this gallery - https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5217291553734656#gallery=album3402936&page=1 

This is the image in question - https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5217291553734656#gallery=album3402936&page=1&image=1123161

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,423

DAZ_ann0314 said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Well, for some reason today I am unable to upload anything.  When I try to create a page, it says that it "Saves", but it doesn't really.  And when I hit "Publish", it says that publishing failed.  I have tried multiple times, using two different methods (using the "post Image" button, and posting through the gallery page edit screen).  Nothing works.

Can you give me a link to your Gallery Page. I'll try to take a look at it.  

Thanks!  Here's my page https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5018211716169728#gallery=popular&page=1 (or click the "Gallery" link in my sig, I've updated it).

Are you still having this issue? I think the issue in question that you were having may now be resolved but I want to make sure. If you are still having issues getting the images to publish, please let me know.  

Ok, I tried just now.  I was able to post 2 images, but after that the "Post Image" button takes me to a "Oops" page.  When I try to upload from the gallery edit, the picture never loads past 0%.  So at the moment, it's not working for me.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited February 2021

...has the thumbnail issue been reported yet? 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I have one problem in the Gallery that is a real NoGo and that is when I make that long and tedious list of products I used to make my render if I mess up and add the wrong product and that product isn't the last preoduct in the list of products I added I cannot delete the incorrect product without deleting all the other products I listed after that incorrect product afterwards. Deleting the last product in your list via backspace means sense but having to delete all the other correct products via backspace to get to the incorrect product to delete via backspace makes no sense.

• kyoto kid said:

Cropping? Yes. If you mean something else please provide at least some description of the issue.

• abiflash said:

It is a pity that after such a long time without a gallery, they present an incomplete version.

Your suggestion was that images were lost - they aren't. No one was claiming that there was a search facility yet.

• Alias52Alias52 Posts: 284

A quick question about the multiple pictures on one page. I like the fact that it potentially can showcase a favourite character or perhaps be a way to show development - or even show a story. One problem is that there doesn't seem to be any indication that there are multiple pictures within. Perhaps an icon can be added to the popup information that either indicates multiples or says how many are contained? 

Also, if you add in a new picture later on, it doesn't seem to republish, which means that those will potentially get missed. Added to pages also do not show up as containing the newest work even on our own galleries. At this moment, it seems like quite a limited feature, as most people are more likely to post single images in order to avoid any of them being missed.

• Richard Haseltine said:

abiflash said:

It is a pity that after such a long time without a gallery, they present an incomplete version.

Your suggestion was that images were lost - they aren't. No one was claiming that there was a search facility yet.

If I look for images that were in the gallery before the reform, and now I can't find them, my logical explanation is that they have been lost. I didn't say for sure, I just said maybe. So far no one knows how to search for them, although it seems that they are there.  

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Only thing you can find them is if you can get a link to the gallery of the user in question. For example, if you wanted to find one of my images from before you would have to follow the link in my signature (though not all may have updated their links yet), or if you remembered who the artist was you could send them a message and ask for a link directly to their gallery page.

Mind you, I do hope that we get back a way to search as I too had some images I was really fond of that I would like to be able to look at again. But until than I'm afraid that what is said above is likely the only way :(

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,137

abiflash said:

MelanieL said:

abiflash said:

MelanieL said:

Like this?
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery#image=68095

Exactly. Can you explain to me how to search for that image? Before there was a search field, now there is not. 

Sorry, I thought from your post that you were trying to get to that specific image.

I agree that without search facilities the gallery is very much lacking - I hope they may re-instate the search options before too long.

Thank you for your response. I just wanted to know how you found it. 

Ah, well I just took the new format link for specific images (by looking at a random one from the gallery top page, navigating to the artist then to one particular image), cpied that url and plugged in the image number you posted in your first post (68095).

So no magic unless you actually know the image number you are trying to find - which only works if you have an old link you saved before the gallery change.

edited February 2021

melissastjames said:

Hi there - I'm trying to remove the image from this gallery - https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5217291553734656#gallery=album3402936&page=1 

This is the image in question - https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5217291553734656#gallery=album3402936&page=1&image=1123161

Just to be certain, what album do you want it in and which don't you want it in.

ATM I "unpublished it" from the one album (rather than deleting it) just to be sure.  That said, I think you may be experiencing a bug I need to report so before I go further I just want to be sure which albums by name just to verify. 

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

Ok, I tried just now.  I was able to post 2 images, but after that the "Post Image" button takes me to a "Oops" page.  When I try to upload from the gallery edit, the picture never loads past 0%.  So at the moment, it's not working for me.

What browser are you using (with version) and is it an intermittent thing (like one time it works but then the next it doesn't) or can you not upload an image in Edit Mode at all? 

kyoto kid said:

If you are speaking of the cropping - yes. It was reported. heart 

nonesuch00 said:

I have one problem in the Gallery that is a real NoGo and that is when I make that long and tedious list of products I used to make my render if I mess up and add the wrong product and that product isn't the last preoduct in the list of products I added I cannot delete the incorrect product without deleting all the other products I listed after that incorrect product afterwards. Deleting the last product in your list via backspace means sense but having to delete all the other correct products via backspace to get to the incorrect product to delete via backspace makes no sense.

This has also been reported heart Some fixes may take a bit of time to troubleshoot depending on the complexity. We thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience smileyheart 

Alias52 said:

A quick question about the multiple pictures on one page. I like the fact that it potentially can showcase a favourite character or perhaps be a way to show development - or even show a story. One problem is that there doesn't seem to be any indication that there are multiple pictures within. Perhaps an icon can be added to the popup information that either indicates multiples or says how many are contained? 

Also, if you add in a new picture later on, it doesn't seem to republish, which means that those will potentially get missed. Added to pages also do not show up as containing the newest work even on our own galleries. At this moment, it seems like quite a limited feature, as most people are more likely to post single images in order to avoid any of them being missed.

Good suggestion. I'll pass it on. As for the other, I'll do some testing on it and see what I get and let you know tomorrow

abiflash said:

Richard Haseltine said:

abiflash said:

If I look for images that were in the gallery before the reform, and now I can't find them, my logical explanation is that they have been lost. I didn't say for sure, I just said maybe. So far no one knows how to search for them, although it seems that they are there.  

Is there some specific image by a specific artist that you could give as an example? I can try to see if I can locate it possibly and if not then potentially report any issue I may find. I'd need an example from someone though (preferrably something from someone's own gallery that they know seems to be missing) but I may be able to try to find it even if not yours. 

Carola O said:

Only thing you can find them is if you can get a link to the gallery of the user in question. For example, if you wanted to find one of my images from before you would have to follow the link in my signature (though not all may have updated their links yet), or if you remembered who the artist was you could send them a message and ask for a link directly to their gallery page.

Mind you, I do hope that we get back a way to search as I too had some images I was really fond of that I would like to be able to look at again. But until than I'm afraid that what is said above is likely the only way :(

To those asking about the search, that has also been reported. heart

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,423

DAZ_ann0314 said:

What browser are you using (with version) and is it an intermittent thing (like one time it works but then the next it doesn't) or can you not upload an image in Edit Mode at all? 

I'm using Safari 14.0.3 on a Mac running Mojave 10.14.6.  And it is intermittent for sure, sometimes I can upload, sometimes I can't, and I can't figure out any kind of pattern.  I really appreciate you looking into it, thank you!

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610

DAZ_ann0314 said:

melissastjames said:

Just to be certain, what album do you want it in and which don't you want it in.

ATM I "unpublished it" from the one album (rather than deleting it) just to be sure.  That said, I think you may be experiencing a bug I need to report so before I go further I just want to be sure which albums by name just to verify. 

It should be in my Promo album, not the Fantasy album 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited February 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

kyoto kid said:

Cropping? Yes. If you mean something else please provide at least some description of the issue.

...yes ctropping, and it still doesn't work. I still get the middle of the image showing as a thumbnail even though I reset the size and framing. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited February 2021

@DAZ_ann0314 I got a question, will removing the Root gallery cause problems? Reason I ask is that I never actually use that one and it's annoying having a empty folder (despite the folder cover image saying otherwise) amongst my other folders. I would prefer to remove it, but I'm unsure if the other albums are in some way connected to the Root Gallery album, and I really don't want to break my gallery so to say :) 

root.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 438K
    Post edited by Carola O on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    edited February 2021

@DAZ_ann0314 are there instructions someplace for using the new gallery?

I tried to add an image for the first time today and was confused and frustrated by the interface.

1. When I click on my Root Gallery to look at it, page 1 is empty. No images are shown until I go to page 2. Why is page 1 empty? Are images lost?
    2. My Root Gallery used to have a photo composite thumbnail (see above image) and now that I added an image to the Root Gallery, the thumbnail for the gallery is just a black square. It implies to anyone looking at my galleries that Root Gallery is empty, when that is where 98% of my images are.of my images are
    3. .
    4. What order are the Root Gallery images sorted in. My new image is not the first one shown. Is it buried on some other page of my Root Gallery?
    5. Why is there no pop up list of choices for Category? I have to randomly type characters to see if any category with that character is available.  How do I know what categories there are to choose from?
    6. ​Adding products used is difficult, because the names that pop up are cut off.
    Root Gallery lost thumbnail.jpg
    185 x 232 - 4K
    Screenshot 2021-02-15 gallery page 1 empty.jpg
    1187 x 1732 - 235K
    Post edited by Chohole on

Wow, that forum message I just posted has really messed up formatting. I don't know how that happened.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

has that helped any?

Chohole said:

has that helped any?

Huh? what "that" are you referring to? 

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Not sure if others have similar experience, but if i switch pages in user's main page, at some point page changes stop do anything, like you see same image previews for page 5 and page 7. However, if you choose an album and switch pages in it, seems to be working correctly.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,337

I don't know if this bug has already been reported, but whenever I try to enter the used assets, they stack up in a way that makes the list of suggestions almost entirely unreadable at times, which can be a particular pain when the item has a relatively common name like "Everyday", making it very difficult to work out which is the correct asset:

(I originally thought it might be an issue interacting with my relatively low 1440x900 screen resolution, but it persisted even after turning on DSR and setting a 2880x1800 resolution. I'm using Firefox 85.0.2 on Windows 10 64-bit).

edited February 2021

melissastjames said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

melissastjames said:

It should be in my Promo album, not the Fantasy album 

After some testing, you are experiencing an issue we were able to reproduce. ATM your gallery may be acting a bit strange (specifically your Fantasy album which may not be working correctly, though it will resolve once they put a fix through on this). They are looking into it. Sorry for any inconvenience but TY for bringing this to our attention, it is much appreciated so they can get this resolved. heart Once they get it resolved, you may need to reupload the image in question, I am not positive. I'll let you know. heart 

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

Matt_Castle said:

I don't know if this bug has already been reported, but whenever I try to enter the used assets, they stack up in a way that makes the list of suggestions almost entirely unreadable at times, which can be a particular pain when the item has a relatively common name like "Everyday", making it very difficult to work out which is the correct asset:

(I originally thought it might be an issue interacting with my relatively low 1440x900 screen resolution, but it persisted even after turning on DSR and setting a 2880x1800 resolution. I'm using Firefox 85.0.2 on Windows 10 64-bit).

That issue has been reported heart  Thank you for reporting it! smiley