Confusing listings for FG Messy Apartment and Messy Apartment Prop Add-On

The new item FG Messy Apartment ( https://www.daz3d.com/fg-messy-apartment ) says "tons of playful props and lots of imagination. You get everything you see"

In the images there are pictures of items such as microwave, toy robot, video game, remote control etc. but they are not listed in the included list and seem to be part of a separate add-on package called Messy Apartment Prop Add-On ( https://www.daz3d.com/messy-apartment-prop-add-on ).

This seems rather unclear or misleading.  I know that Daz product ads often include other stuff - but this listing specifically states that items are included - and it takes a bit of checking to find that they are not. 

Comments

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

Yes, I was just considering making a thread about it too.

This is awfully misleading, especially since the apartment dos contain images of the items that are suppsoedly only in the add-on, while the add-on lacks any proper promo images.

Daz, seriously?no

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

Although the items appear in the promo images they are not listed in the "What's Included" features list. Like a contract, you need to read the fine print before buying.The "you get everything you see" I agree is misleading, as you don't.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Or, when it's confusing, I just save my cash. This happened a day or two ago too iirc.

edited February 2021

fred9803 said:

Although the items appear in the promo images they are not listed in the "What's Included" features list. Like a contract, you need to read the fine print before buying.The "you get everything you see" I agree is misleading, as you don't.

The description says "you get everything you see". Well, it says "everythign you see", but the point still stands.

The product page, also shows these two promos images (among others):

You see, it absolutely clearly shows the items from the add-on set not included in some shot of the full set only, it shows them in detail and on the black and white promo image too. This clearly advertises the items as included in the set. There is no sweet talk or fine print to get around it. It is misleading at best. I cannot help but consider this an example of an extremely bad business practice by Daz.

Post edited by watchdog79 on
  • Thanks to all who commented on this.  I have these in my cart atm, but may move them to the wishlist until this is all sorted out.

• We've sent in a query on this.

Richard Haseltine said:

We've sent in a query on this.

Thank you Richard, you are a star. 

• Glad it was not just me who was super confused by this. It's made worse by the fact the products themselves look great, but I have no idea what I'm getting with what, and if I truly need both to get the promo images they should have just combined them or made a bundle.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884

Just came to make this thread too.

Another case of a vendor making a product and then the process of 'how many products can we split this into' happened. The process just seems to have happened this time after the original promos were done.

• PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287
    edited February 2021

Just Grabbed the Messy Apt in order to take advantage of the Sale (which, btw is kind of cool that this is split into two products so I can use the sale twice)...

Thought I'd attach an image of what the Base Apartment comes with for anyone who'd rather see a visualization than lists...

EDIT: Just grabbed the Add-On and another round of Sale Items... Not as enthused about how much you actually get in a separate Add-On for this, but did get over $200 worth of products for just over $40, so I'm ok with it. Second Attachment shows the Add-On items in image form...

Messy Apt 01.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Messy Apt Add On.png
    475 x 962 - 184K
    Post edited by Phatmartino on
  • phatmartino said:

Just Grabbed the Messy Apt in order to take advantage of the Sale (which, btw is kind of cool that this is split into two products so I can use the sale twice)...

Thought I'd attach an image of what the Base Apartment comes with for anyone who'd rather see a visualization than lists...

EDIT: Just grabbed the Add-On and another round of Sale Items... Not as enthused about how much you actually get in a separate Add-On for this, but did get over $200 worth of products for just over $40, so I'm ok with it. Second Attachment shows the Add-On items in image form...

Thank you for taking that one for the team. That is definitely barely any content for an "add-on" /facepalm

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,115

IDK,A bundle of 12 items(13 if you count the preset.) for ~$0.62 each isn't so bad. PC price is currently showing $7.33 for me.

But the ad for the Apartment does say they are included with it to start with. So yeah, if it's not supposed to be that way then the ad needs fixed.

There's some good stuff in the PC memebers get 4 items for $2.99 part of the deal.So not sure If I want to wait for it to get sorted out or not.

• Hmmm, 53 items at $.22 plus an apartment room, = hell yeah! 12 items at $.62, = yeah nah. We spoilt is what we are.

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353

More than 24 hours since this was called out - but the listing hasn't been changed and is still misleading - promising included items that are not included.

It's all very well to say that the buyer must beware and read the list of included items carefully - but if the headline text specifically says that everything you see is included, that should surely save you the trouble of checking item by item. 

To maintain trust Daz needs to be more alert to avoiding such errors and - if they do slip through - correct them much faster - as soon as they are discovered.  

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

You have to remeber that it is still only 07:50 am in DazLand as I type this,  so more than an hour still before the Office opens for the weeks work start.

edited February 2021

I came home from work early toady and just found an update in DIM for the messy apartment.

edit: Ok, looks like the addon has been merged with the main product as far as I can tell.

Post edited by IceCrMn on
  • IceCrMn said:

I came home from work early toady and just found an update in DIM for the messy apartment.

edit: Ok, looks like the addon has been merged with the main product as far as I can tell.

Interesting, because you can still buy BOTH products...  

• IceCrMn said:

Wait. What?

I purchased both items because the file list showed different contents. Are you saying the base item now contains those extra contents?

Looks like it to me.

Maybe I missed something?

Would someone else have a look and see what they find to confirm?

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

If that's the case it seems strange that the add-ons are still in the shop.Curious.

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited February 2021

I unzipped both archives to seperate directories. Then I ran a duplicate file finder and removed the duplicates from the Add On directory. I did a fairly restrictive search on the actual file contents to make sure there were no false hits. I then checked to see what files remained:

There is literally nothing of significance that is different. It looks like some thumbnails are different. The Ready Scene is different. And nothing else.

I am going to request a refund on the Add On.

Capture.JPG
    1119 x 563 - 98K
    Post edited by Jason Galterio on

I'm not going to pursue a $7 refund.

I knew there was problem when I bought it because of this thread and I went ahead with the purchase anyway.

IMO it was worth the $28 I spent on 4 the products total for the combo deal.Yeah, I didn't get all 4 items for $2.99 that I could have. I didn't find anything else I wanted at the time lol.

I'm sure some will differ with me.

I will however pay more attention to the inclusion lists.

• It looks like the add-ons have been added to the 'What's Included' section of the Messy Apartment

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,822
    edited February 2021

I bought it and just downloaded and checked the zips. It looks like everything that was in the add-on is now in the main apartment zip. There are things in the apartment's Separate items directory that weren't in the addon, but not the other way around now.

Ticket filed asking what on earth is supposed to be happening with these products.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120

What should I and others do, who bought both items? I am confused even more.... Will I get a refund? Is the price for the Apartment now higher than it was? Please tell, what the result of the ticket frown

• Prices seem to be the same. And Messy Appartment AND the add-on are still offered as two products. If it is indeed the case that the main product now includes the add-on, it would be a customer-friendly move of DAZ to automatically refund anyone who bought both products the price of the add-on, without the need to file a ticket. 

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited February 2021

fred9803 said:

If that's the case it seems strange that the add-ons are still in the shop.Curious.

There is at least one other vendor who offers the props included in sets as separate props as a separate product. The props ones clearly state they are for people who only want the props at a lower price and not the full environment. So not unprecedented.

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • Sending a new query on this.

• Received a reply from Support this morning. They agreed there was an issue and processed the refund.

Not clear on what the underlying issue is as Support didn't eleaborate.