Carrara 8.5.0.172 Beta Now Available for Download

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited November 2012

When I drove through Utah, all I saw was red rocks, no creeks.

The new serial number is also on the first post of this thread, towards the bottom.

Post edited by atticanne on
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    There is also a DAZ_ccreek, which may be Chris.

AAhhh. ... My Bad :red:

BLum :) are you frightening the horses ,.. again :)

I wonder about the overall relevance to be honest.

It's the novelty of it,... like aving a stranger in't village .. we don' get many strangers round here.

Yorkshire or Wes cantry atzzent preferably .
    I'm a stranger, in fact they don't come much stranger than me, and I live in the west country, but have a Manchester accent, a bit like Gary Barlow from Take That.

I like Take That!

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

so why does the main link for the C8.5 beta take you to the Studio beta? ho hum.....wish I could afford Cinema 4d...

• hello_281345hello_281345 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Creek is, I, Britney Creek. Hello!!

• wcwilcoxwcwilcox Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Did anyone get the new S/N CDZTPRO-085-0000513-AFF-001-EBTPAUD to work?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hello Britney :)

The serial doesn't work for me. ...can someone check it please. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Did anyone try it with Wendy's suggested subsitution of a C for the T

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

that did not work

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Well there are only a few billion (billion billion? I suck at math) possibilities, so let's get cracking eh?

I don't quite understand how it can be so difficult to drop in and give us an illuminating sentence or two. Just one carefully chosen word would be sufficient, as long as it doesn't rhyme with spoon.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Well, since it's now Friday, unless someone from DAZ posts an answer today, we'll likely have to wait until Monday before we get a corrected serial number.
    No 8.5 beta for the weekend. >:(

edited December 1969

araneldon said:
    Well there are only a few billion (billion billion? I suck at math) possibilities, so let's get cracking eh?

I don't quite understand how it can be so difficult to drop in and give us an illuminating sentence or two. Just one carefully chosen word would be sufficient, as long as it doesn't rhyme with spoon.

Well, nobody will fix it over the weekend, so it will have to be this afternoon. Which kind of rhymes with spoon, but at least isn't as bad as that OTHER word!
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Try this one: CDZCPRO-085-0031102-PAS-001-EBTQTHV (Expires 12 January 2013)

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Thanks Spooky!

Anyone in a position to test this new serial number?

edited December 1969

Anyone know a working link to the beta........

• 1MoreThreadDeleted1MoreThreadDeleted Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

Yes the new serial works. Thank you.

Hi Stu, Did you purchase the beta 8.5 from the store? If you did just reset the download for that one and the latest beta will be there.

edited December 1969

Anyone know a working link to the beta........
    Working on that next. :)
    edited December 1969

Muphasa said:
    Yes the new serial works. Thank you.

Hi Stu, Did you purchase the beta 8.5 from the store? If you did just reset the download for that one and the latest beta will be there.

That is an older Beta, Britney is fixing that and it will be the current Public Beta before the end of the day Today. (DAZ Time.)
  • 1MoreThreadDeleted1MoreThreadDeleted Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

I am sorry if I missed something. I thought Carrara 8.5.0.172 was the latest, if it is then I just reset my downloads yesturday to get it. If it is not then I will check later today to find the new download link.

edited December 1969

Muphasa said:
    I am sorry if I missed something. I thought Carrara 8.5.0.172 was the latest, if it is then I just reset my downloads yesturday to get it. If it is not then I will check later today to find the new download link.
    172 is, but apparently not everyone resetting their downloads is getting 172. I believe some ways to get Carrara got missed when it was done.

Being fixed now.

• hello_281345hello_281345 Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

To get the Carrara Beta 8.5.0.172 files. You can reset your download links for any of your orders at anytime. You will need to go to your Itemized Order History and click the reset link that is provided for you, next to your order number.

Post edited by hello_281345 on
  • Kodiak3dKodiak3d Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

Spook, can we have some kind of word on where Carrara 8.5 is at in its development process right now? This beta has been around for a while now and we haven't heard anything new since it came out.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

The beta links in Carrra 8 Pro aren't working. I reset those. I'm getting an error when i click on one.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

My old serial number is still working :cheese:

Post edited by ManStan on
  • Kodiak3dKodiak3d Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    My old serial number is still working :cheese:

That's not a surprise. It's supposed to work until tomorrow.

edited December 1969

Kodiak3D said:
    Spook, can we have some kind of word on where Carrara 8.5 is at in its development process right now? This beta has been around for a while now and we haven't heard anything new since it came out.

Yeah that would be nice.

At least we can carry on testing it now though.

edited December 1969

Thanks D Spooky!

I had the C8.5 beta at the start of the year,then it expired and I didnt renew it. I ve reset my downloads several times and it isnt there. I am assuming that the when I had it it wasnt obtained from the store maybe.... I cant remember. So now I will download it again. The only annoying thing is I dont need to use it now....I needed it last week because the Bullet is better,but had to work around it which annoyed me...doh. But I guess I will get it again just in case.

• KerynaKeryna Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to say I think Carrara 8.5 Beta rocks, and Please continue to develop this software, Daz wizards. There is just so much to this great programme and it renders lightning fast and almost always looks great . I havent had crashes so far. Am loving it but have so much to learn still to tap its real depths. Thanks Daz for this Gem. {And - Bryce is also a shining Gem and also continues to astound me with the quality of scene rendering it can produce.}

• KatLadyKatLady Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

I agree, Keryna. Carrara has been my favorite program. I love its versatility. Having the new software work with it is nice, too. However, I wish they would also continue to develop Carrara's own tools to keep pace with other 3D programs out there. Carrara has always been a gem, and I don't want to see it lose out to others.

• MalusMalus Posts: 370
    edited December 2012

CDZCPRO-085-0031102-PAS-001-EBTQTHV < That has expired on my carrara :down: . Somehow this new version installed over my old carrara too so I can't do anything. Now it is saying it is the old carrara but the old cold doesn't work 8-/

WTH now the code works.

For some reason this carrara has a bug where it needs the code at random.Sometimes it has an identity crisis to.
    I guess this has turned into an error report :lol:

Post edited by Malus on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

You need to install the beta to a different folder than your regular Carrara build.

This discussion has been closed.