to David Vodhanel

as trying to package a project for win64  i get now this message:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for 'DazToUnrealRuntime'. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set 'PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;' in DazToUnrealRuntime.build.cs to override.
PackagingResults: Error: Missing precompiled manifest for 'DazToUnrealRuntime'. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set 'PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;' in DazToUnrealRuntime.build.cs to override.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 0,9332384s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=6

any help ?

set 'PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any

this is already done

Comments

• DAZ_samDAZ_sam Posts: 170

@Ruphuss, David and I spoke and I think I know your issue. What version of the plugin are you using? 

If it's 4.25 I will ask David if he look at this again as he said it shouldn't happen in 4.25.

if it's 4.26 It seems they're an error that relies on some extra files in DaztoUnreal to be needed within the plugin. I updated the package in the store to contain them. 

Hope this answers your question! 

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

thank you sam

its a 4.25 project

to get this all working again after the patch i maybe changed some folders which could have caused the issue

Ruphuss said:

thank you sam

its a 4.25 project

to get this all working again after the patch i maybe changed some folders which could have caused the issue

Ah ok so were you able to fix the problem? 

no

just trying to explain where the problem might come from

maybe a folder problem

Ruphuss said:

no

just trying to explain where the problem might come from

maybe a folder problem

I spoke with David and he is looking into it. Once something is figured out I will make a post here again. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. 

• Ruphuss, sorry about that.  I think something I misunderstood something about the plugin packaging when I made an update.  I've passed along what I think is a fix (worked in my local test anyway).

reinstalled everything

bridge works

but packaging not when theres a daztounreal folder in the project

projects without the bridge used package well

all 4.25 ue4

daz 4.15

just unstalled the bridge in my big unreal project with lots of daz stuff in it

and now packaging works

so the bridge is clearly causing the issue

• I think that's what I said :) 

For more detail, there's a calculation problem in one of the Unreal animation nodes that can cause popping in the JCMs when they bend to certain angles.  This was getting triggered by the Post Process Animation Blueprint.  So I made a new animation node that solves the issue and use that now instead.  This required adding a Runtime Module to the plugin.  It appears there's an extra folder that needs included with the plugin when there's a Runtime Module.  I didn't realize this, so I didn't pass that info along to the Daz team.

I've tested locally adding this folder and it seems to work for me.  I think they're testing it as well now.

thanks for working on it

no happy news on the packaging problem ?

deleted all saved folders in appdata

still this

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for 'DazToUnrealRuntime'. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set 'PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;' in DazToUnrealRuntime.build.cs to override.
    PackagingResults: Error: Missing precompiled manifest for 'DazToUnrealRuntime'. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set 'PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;' in DazToUnrealRuntime.build.cs to override.

is anybody here able to package a project after the daztounreal new patch ?

Ruphuss said:

is anybody here able to package a project after the daztounreal new patch ?

Ran a few test packaging myself. I updated the version on the store now and it looks like it will package now. You can take a look now and see if this fixes your problem. 

will try

thank you

edited February 2021

made a new project 4.25 first person game mode

enabled daz to unreal plugin in ue4

exporting works

tried to package

same error as above

dont know what to do anymore

Post edited by Ruphuss on

Ruphuss said:

made a new project 4.25 first person game mode

enabled daz to unreal plugin in ue4

exporting works

tried to package

same error as above

dont know what to do anymore

One thing David mentioned to me is that you may not be able to package in 4.25 if you are using it as a Game plugin instead of an Engine plugin. Are you adding the plugin to your project?

edited February 2021

thats the path where its located:

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Plugins\DazToUnreal

edited February 2021

this is yellow in the log file

LogPluginManager: Warning: Engine version string in ../../../Engine/Plugins/DazToUnreal/DazToUnreal.uplugin could not be parsed ("4.25")

i can create a new project game with minimum stuff in it: its packaging

then enabling the bridge in the project and packaging brings up the error message

no need to export something from daz

it will just fail by enabling the bridge

• It's in the Engine folder, so that's not the Game plugin issue.  Did you get the latest update of the plugin?

yes through DIM

can i maybe get the old (i think it was the first one) version for 4.25 because that was working with exporting and packaging ?

maybe a 4.26 version can work

have to convert many of my projects then

edited February 2021

Here you go @Ruphuss thanks for being patient with us. This was the version before 4.0. So before environment support. 

Edit: Attached incorrect file 

zip
    zip
    DazToUnreal_3.0.zip
    2M
    Post edited by DAZ_sam on

thank you Sam 

will try that old version now

and......!!

exporting and packaging is working with the old version !

so thank you again Sam for providing the file

No worries! Glad that helps. I hope switching to 4.26 fixes it for the new update.  

• metasidemetaside Posts: 175

Thanks for the old version - saved it, too...

now pls the version for DIM 4.26

why so silent about this ?

• Ruphuss said:

now pls the version for DIM 4.26

why so silent about this ?

Not sure if you're still asking me.  I'll answer because the thread title has my name on it :P

I don't work for Daz, so I don't have any control over this and don't have any info for you.  Sorry.