Help: Animation Timeline Lags to the point of being unusable. Is there a solution?

SavoySavoy Posts: 33
edited January 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion

Animation Timeline Lags to the point of being unusable. Is there a solution?

Right now just I'm trying to use Genesis 8 characters with Face Mojo and the Genesis 3 & 8 Face Controls.

Face Mojo works great!

Applying the Face Controls is also not a problem.

The issues is I cannot even scrub along the timeline without Daz just getting stuck and lagging to the point it's unusable. I barely move the timeslider a few frames and it's get stuck .

I have a decent computer i9 processor, 64 MB RAM and a RTX 2080 graphics card.

Please tell me I'm just doing something wrong here and just missed some button or setting that makes this possible.

Note: I want and prefer to use Maya for all the character animation but it looks like even with the DAZ Tools auto rig control generator script there still is no way to animate the face as there are no face rig controls to help edit and refine the facial animation or to even keyframe it from scratch.

I also already tried out the new Genesis 8.1 rig and it does not seem to work ( yet) with DAZ tools or FaceMojo either.

Post edited by Savoy on

Comments

• I'm having a similar issue and they can't blame the hardware, not a single core on my system is over 50% and the CUDA's are snoring yet animation in the viewport is garbage on any type.

• shawn_2093844fdb said:

I'm having a similar issue and they can't blame the hardware, not a single core on my system is over 50% and the CUDA's are snoring yet animation in the viewport is garbage on any type.

What DrawStile are you using? If it isn't Iray or Filament the the GPU is not relevant, CPUcore usage doesn't in itself prove anything as the system will distribute taks in a way that means a thread running flat-out is likely to be handled by seveal cores, so none will hit 100%.

• What hair are you using?  That's usually the culprit.  I get rid of stuff like that from the scene when doing an animation, usually just having base mesh characters with footwear (to be able to see floor contact).  Only bring everything together for final render, i.e. have an anim file, a file where you dforce each item (if you need to), then a file where you put it all together, including morphs for dforce items.