Runtime Re-org

13»

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

half tempted to go through scenes folder and replace all the fake gi with fresh gi.  mebbe save scenes with a night preset, with the starry sky.

not even sure what fake gi is exactly.  is supposed to make scnes render faster

i luv the ring shaped light.  luv light shapes

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Mystiarra said:

and if you want to copy your ca library to another machine, need to copy the text file with the folders info.

i have a hexacore and a octocore.  i terrified of flicker if i use node rendering.  i'd rather copy everything and render animation frames in batches on the separate machines.

Node rendering an animation does not cause flickering. Each node will render a frame of the animation thereby reducing the render time required.

This is what I have seen with the 2 Z820's I have usning the Carrara render node software with Grid License.

Each machind has 32 boxes moving across the screen. But they are 2.35 Ghz so over all they accomplish the render faster but individually that seem to take for ever.

You just have to make sure all of your library and any custom items are on all machines so that when it is told it needs it it can find exactly what they need. I have them both going to my NAS (network Attached Storage) which has all of my Content libraries and where I store any custom items to so I then know i will not have any issue finding each item. 

do you have the same graphic card in both machines?
    it was an old thread about the flickering, was a theory of the graphic card

thought of another project.  replace the transparency leafs with modelled leafs.  using the cutout plugin and alpha masks.  for extreme close ups, leafs with veins would be kewl.  and the bottom of the leaf should be a lighter color.  demi fey are small enough to require leaf extreme close ups.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Mystiarra said:

do you have the same graphic card in both machines?
    it was an old thread about the flickering, was a theory of the graphic card

No I have two diffrent cards in them.

One has the 2 K2000 cards that came 1 in each and the other has 2 old NVidia cards from 2011/2012 in it (I had them laying around from upgrading the kids computers).

analyzing my 100gbs of content.  is time to get real. ugh

i really dont need more than 7 or 8 eye texture sets per figure.  and g3 and g8 prolly share the same eye maps.

v4 doesnt need every single eye  set.  guessing characters by the same pa prolly reused the eyes.

and hair textures.  half the gigs is hair stuff.  dont need every single shade.  mebbe light brown med brow dark brown, couple shades of red and blond.    and carrara hair looks loads better than transparency hairs.

and skins.  

i havent rendered in ds or poser in years.  only need a few carrara shaders.  then is just a matter of loading the texture maps.  i ould prolly re use the same bump/normal maps.  unless is something special like scars.  

dont need a thousand duf mat presets. 

mebbe 2 or 3 eyelash alpha masks for entire runtime.

all my lovelies nightshift3d sets.  replace some texture maps with shader procedurals.  cut chairs into swivel parts.  glow channels for the monitor and glowy panels.

for some insane reason i d/l the ds versions of old pc club stuff.  a bunch of em dont have subfoldes in the data folder.  is cluttering the root of data folder.   nightshift, stonemason, kibaretto dont have multiple texture sets, could save em all complete to carrara scene inventory.

kicking myself i didnt re download everything before the awuful prodlib changes and the stupid invisible gray font.