Help Moving Poser

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi. I'm in the process of moving to a new pc. I'm going to install Poser 9, but how do I move my content. Is it as simple as networking the 2 pc's and copying my runtimes to the new hard drive, or will I be running into registry issues? Also will I have to manually reinstall any of my DAZ figures?

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

copying my runtimes to the new hard drive

It should be as simple as that.

As far as registry issues go, this can be confusing as content is so often referred to as being "installed", and, in fact, much DAZ content came in the form of what were called "installers" - executable files. The reality is that content is not installed in the same sense that applications or programs are installed. In the latter case changes of various sorts are made to operating system files and the registry is changed to reflect this. This does not happen with content. It is merely copied to appropriate locations on your hard drive where Poser or DAZ Studio, etc. can find it. Even the so-called DAZ installers were really just self-extracting archives that also copied the data to your hard drive. Again, no system changes occur. It is no different than copying any other data from your old drive(s) to new ones.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I backed up my runtimes to another drive (an external) and can actually run them from the external.

The runtime that contained all my Poser figure installations also works this way, without any extra installations. In fact I could even run an extra morph pack to this runtime with no problems except needing to run the .bat file again to reinitialise the figure to accept the new morph set.

So you should have no problems.

• edited December 1969

:coolsmile:OK. That clears a lot up. I think I'm good from here. Thanks a lot for helping guys.