UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited August 2022

After Apple Picking

This started as an Oaks ecology and Track 2 Feature. Then I kept adding stuff laughand more stuff and more stuff...

After Apple Picking.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

After Apple Picking

This started as an Oaks ecology and Track 2 Feature. Then I kept adding stuff laughand more stuff and more stuff...

Oh, I know that feeling very well wink It's hard to stop. Nicely done, tho I personally think the orchard is a little bit too dense. No obvious way for the track going further behind the truck.

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

After Apple Picking

Oh, I know that feeling very well wink It's hard to stop. Nicely done, tho I personally think the orchard is a little bit too dense. No obvious way for the track going further behind the truck.

Thanks for commenting and giving me something to check. The apple trees are too close to the road, but not too dense, I think. The truck could pass through with care, or even pick a couple apples from the truck! I think it is just the camera angle that makes it loo too dense. I created the rows of trees with HedgeMaker. Here's a top view.

Apple Picking Top View.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 4M
  • barbult said:

Thanks for commenting and giving me something to check. The apple trees are too close to the road, but not too dense, I think. The truck could pass through with care, or even pick a couple apples from the truck! I think it is just the camera angle that makes it loo too dense. I created the rows of trees with HedgeMaker. Here's a top view.

Ah yes, it is the camera angle smiley

The truck needs a few scratches caused by the trees laugh 

edited August 2022

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Ah yes, it is the camera angle smiley

The truck needs a few scratches caused by the trees laugh 

Ah, a challenge! I'll see what I can do. I have a dirt shell on it already, but it could be made dirtier, too.

Meanwhile, here's a back view to show you that it is not all that tight of a passage down that track. After all, this is not a paved commercial road!

Apple Picking Back Track View.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

Very nice barbult. Try this set for a great dusty shader.

https://www.daz3d.com/iray-surfaceworx

Tugpsx said:

Very nice barbult. Try this set for a great dusty shader.

https://www.daz3d.com/iray-surfaceworx

I have that, but my favorite, which I used, is A Touch of Dirt.

edited August 2022

Here is my (final?) Apple Picking render. I added some scratches and made the dirt a littl more visible.

Apple Picking Dirtier_Camera (2).jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
  • barbult said:

Here is my (final?) Apple Picking render. I added some scratches and made the dirt a littl more visible.

That is more like it smiley

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

That is more like it smiley

I appreciate your suggestions. It made a better render.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

Your image made me think of Jurassic Park: change the sign lettering and add a rampaging T-Rex through the apple orchard (and maybe a pile of dino poo)!

edited August 2022

RGcincy said:

Your image made me think of Jurassic Park: change the sign lettering and add a rampaging T-Rex through the apple orchard (and maybe a pile of dino poo)!

It's dangerous to drive without a rearview mirror.

RGcincy Park.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M

The dusted jeep looks great and you added chaser makes for an interesting story. He has no idea what's on the menu.

edited August 2022

Tugpsx said:

The dusted jeep looks great and you added chaser makes for an interesting story. He has no idea what's on the menu.

smiley glad you enjoyed it!

That dino doesn't look too bad for SKU 2289 unmodified.

Awesome! Looks like I might be in for a lawsuit after this (after the dino dinner of course). 

And great job on making a more tropical setting

RGcincy said:

And great job on making a more tropical setting

I used one of the UltraScenery Swamp environments this time and added some of the Hell Creek Modules. I'm glad you liked it.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,424

how do you get the ground fog to be seen when using USC ..the USC is higher placed than ground plane. yes, can lower, but then ground sticking too high maybe.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    daveso said:

how do you get the ground fog to be seen when using USC ..the USC is higher placed than ground plane. yes, can lower, but then ground sticking too high maybe.

Is there a height property for the ground fog that you can adjust?
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

daveso said:

Theres a great video by Jay on the settings for the ground fog, hes got some tips in it too!  And yes you do have to set Ground Fog decay Height pretty high sometimes depending on your landscape. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,424

Daventaki said:

daveso said:

Theres a great video by Jay on the settings for the ground fog, hes got some tips in it too!  And yes you do have to set Ground Fog decay Height pretty high sometimes depending on your landscape. 

so adjust up the ground height. OK. thanks... 
    i will look up for Jay video 

I just noticed an UltraScenery product update in DIM. Is this for your upcoming add-on @HowieFarkes?

dawnblade said:

I just noticed an UltraScenery product update in DIM. Is this for your upcoming add-on @HowieFarkes?

The readme file says "2022-08-15 - Updated metadata to set compatibility base for the terrain". I suppose that is to allow the upcoming Martin J Frost dirt track textures to be compatible with the terrain in Smart Content.

• barbult said:

dawnblade said:

The readme file says "2022-08-15 - Updated metadata to set compatibility base for the terrain". I suppose that is to allow the upcoming Martin J Frost dirt track textures to be compatible with the terrain in Smart Content.

Not 100 percent sure , but yes I think that QA wanted to make it more smart content friendly. It was certainly mentioned when QA had the product for testing. 

Martinjfrost said:

barbult said:

dawnblade said:

Not 100 percent sure , but yes I think that QA wanted to make it more smart content friendly. It was certainly mentioned when QA had the product for testing. 

Thank you both. 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,049
    edited August 2022

Still finding a lot of mileage mixing US and USXT. Here's a Pacific Northwest and Mt Vernon USXT mix:

This is so much what I always wanted to do with Poser/DS from when I started.

Regards,

Richard.

Milan 04b R01.jpg
    1860 x 936 - 293K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on

richardandtracy said:

Still finding a lot of mileage mixing US and USXT. Here's a Pacific Northwest and Mt Vernon USXT mix:

This is so much what I always wanted to do with Poser/DS from when I started.

Regards,

Richard.

Beautiful! The lighting really highlights the walker.

• Agreed. I was really lucky with the positioning. Only had to rotate the dome once by 60 degrees after the first trial, and then it was spot on. Just as well, given how this image made my PC sit there for close on to 15 mins before iteration 1 became visible. Really pleased with the result. Regards, Richard.
    edited August 2022
    Post edited by Tugpsx on

Tugpsx said:

Anyone tried the Woodland Floor Iray Shaders with USC or USXT?

https://www.daz3d.com/woodland-floor-iray-shaders

I don't own it. But, both USC and USXT use custom terrain shaders. Applying another shader to the terrain does not usually give very satisfactory results, because you lose the custom shader's separate handling of the road, soil, groundcover, riparian, etc. If you apply another shader to the terrain, it will cover all of those individual surface parts with the same texture. If your terrain is completely covered by vegetation, that probably doesn't matter much. The applied shader would probably be visible only on exposed areas like the dirt tracks. But you would not get the benefit of blending two different textures on the dirt track like you get with the default custom shader. A more successful approach is to manually place the maps of the new shader into selected image slots of the UltraScenery custom shader. That is why I prefer to load one texture into the roadbase and another into the roadsurface of the custom USC shader. Then I save a materials preset to use that again some other time. I described all that over in my experiments thread a couple years ago.

This discussion has been closed.