UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147

sandmanmax said:

I've been obsessed with trying to include the Albert Mansion in an UltraScene and finally got it to play nice with the Wasteland.  It's the Wetland 2 feature with the boardwalk removed and replaced with the AM wrecked one.  The ecology is Wasteland 3, Water is Brackish Pond.  All plants are included.  The trees and shrubs are all from the AM set, but repositioned a bit. The whole set was moved back so the US is the front "flood".  Sky is Orestes Cloudy-Brooding 2 with one of the Dimension Theory's Skies of Economy matte fog settings (light blue/white).  I cleaned up all the cult graffiti and ditched the skulls and stuff so it's just a nice, old abandonned house.

It's a masterpiece. What a great use of the wasteland addon. Thanks for including the detailed description of how you made it.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Awesome image! Every aspect works together to create a great mood  

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Very nice image!

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 520

sandmanmax said:

I've been obsessed with trying to include the Albert Mansion in an UltraScene and finally got it to play nice with the Wasteland.  It's the Wetland 2 feature with the boardwalk removed and replaced with the AM wrecked one.  The ecology is Wasteland 3, Water is Brackish Pond.  All plants are included.  The trees and shrubs are all from the AM set, but repositioned a bit. The whole set was moved back so the US is the front "flood".  Sky is Orestes Cloudy-Brooding 2 with one of the Dimension Theory's Skies of Economy matte fog settings (light blue/white).  I cleaned up all the cult graffiti and ditched the skulls and stuff so it's just a nice, old abandonned house.

Very well done, I like the integration into UltraScenery! Wasteland works really well with the house!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

sandmanmax said:

A superb render. Drenched in gothic atmosphere!

Cheers,

Alex. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,740

Absolutely superb! 

I caught my breath as my browser opened up on it.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

memcneil70 said:

Absolutely superb! 

I caught my breath as my browser opened up on it.

blush Thank you all SO much!!

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481

That's quality right there! I thought I read something back when the house came out about it being difficult to clean all the occult stuff off of it. You've made it look easy!

sandmanmax said:

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Greybro said:

That's quality right there! I thought I read something back when the house came out about it being difficult to clean all the occult stuff off of it. You've made it look easy!

sandmanmax said:

I've posted a duf file of the a clean version some time ago here:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/440187/albert-mansion/p3 maybe you can use this wink

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 520

This one was created using a custom feature specifically set up to accomodate the tavern, stone path and jetty. I wanted to replicate the original pond but with different plants.

The ecology is a mix between Country Ford and the original UltryScenery water plants.

For a full list of assets visit my gallery.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

markusmatern said:

This one was created using a custom feature specifically set up to accomodate the tavern, stone path and jetty. I wanted to replicate the original pond but with different plants.

The ecology is a mix between Country Ford and the original UltryScenery water plants.

For a full list of assets visit my gallery.

That's really cute.  I like the innertube.  And zooming in shows all the detail you've got in there.  Nice work!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,148

The PNW bundle is now in the store...and my cart.

Another browser-scorchingly fast entry into the shopping cart.  Unfortunately, tomorrow is month end so it's going to be a day or three before I can have my evil way with it. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,057
    The PNW set looks amazing, doesn't it? Not sure of the current exchange rate so may possibly have to wait until next month. Will check in the next couple of hours.
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

The set looks gorgeous!

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Beautiful!  I tried to tone down the exposure on the sky helped a little but its still pretty bright.

PNWTM052021.jpg
    1884 x 935 - 2M

In my cart and not broke my store credit. I can almost smell the damp earth.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Clearing around the Camera in Ultra Scenes

I got the mcjSceneClearing script and kicked the tires in a small UltraScatter test scene to get the feel. It was very quick & you could see in wireframe the results. 

In a more ambitious Ultra Scene set though, I'm not getting any results, even with a 5.5 meter setting to clear all in front.  There's no progress bar so not sure if it's as quick as in the test or if I simply need to wait, or ...

There's often no way of getting even a wire of the foreground items to select an instance, let alone to even find out what it really is, so wondering if there's a technique to narrow down those items.  Right now, it's pretty much toggle some things off & render to see if they were it.

Thanx folk.

Scene Clear Qwik Test.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 275K

My first attempt at a scene was without anything ticked off in the build tab. The bar moved a bit, things showed up in my scene tab, a tuff of grass showed in the Viewport and then it all sat still. I walked the dog, came back, no movement. Closed down the build and then as I closed DS, it crashed. After rebooting my computer, I started again, but this time I turned off some of the little things and no problems with the build. 

I added my scene subset, a mouse archer, then used 300x300 for quick renders to position him and figure out lighting and stuff. Ten renders later and a number off goofs on my part I think I finally have something worth going bigger.

Mary

... so there's a progress meter of some sort using the Clearing script?

edited May 2021

No clue. But I think that the more little bits the computer has to deal with, and if on my system I have spent the earlier time creating a scene subset and installing the outfits from Joe Quick and stuff, without rebooting before using US, my system got cramps. I was lucky it didn't get one of its fatal errors or just shut down. It's a testy system. 

I should also say, the second time, I opened the Beta DS, so that may have an effect.

Post edited by memcneil70 on
    edited May 2021

Here is my Archer Mouse, using Joe Quick's Mouse for G8M and his wonderful gift of free outfits for him. I didn't do it really do it full justice but he is in the Pacific NW Woods. 

Mary

Archer Mouse.png
    1800 x 1800 - 6M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • vaaernvaaern Posts: 64

In the latest pacific northwest product images there's a foggy look in several of the pictures. Is there a proper way to do this? Some product I should own to get that effect? I have some but often my renders are super noisy even after rendering for a few hours (so I'm probably doing something wrong).

In DS4.14 the environment tab had a fog parameter added. That could well be the way it was done. I used the method in the attached image.
    Hunter.jpg
    1860 x 911 - 300K

richardandtracy said:

In DS4.14 the environment tab had a fog parameter added. That could well be the way it was done. I used the method in the attached image.

I've been fiddling with the fog parameter a bit but I've never ended up with anything that looked like this.  Excactly what setting did you use?

Thanks,

Alex. 

• vaaernvaaern Posts: 64
    edited May 2021

richardandtracy said:

Ooh that looks like it! Very nice!. I'll have to try that out.

Edit: I set the matte fog visibility to something around 4500 and I think that's what I was looking for. I do get some weird artifacting around some trees, but maybe if it rendered a bit more that will go away.

Post edited by vaaern on
    I set the parameter to 1000m and used a dawn HDRI from HDRIHaven.
    edited May 2021

richardandtracy said:

I set the parameter to 1000m and used a dawn HDRI from HDRIHaven.

Thanks!  I'm right in the middle of month end at the moment but I'll give this a try when I get a spare minute.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • GreyFaunGreyFaun Posts: 28

Hello everyone,

I'm having a strange trouble with Pacific NW ecology n°6 : all other ecologies work perfectly (and are magnificent, but this goes without saying, it's Ultra Scenery !) but my computer can't get past the scattering of ferns in Pacific NW 6. Without ferns (all black map for ferns) it works perfectly, and fast thanks to US accelerator. Ferns work fine in other ecologies, including Pacific NW 1,

Even more surprising, when I try creating a Pacific NW 6 scene with only ferns (black maps for everything else) I have exactly the same problem, whereas a Pacific NW 1 scene with only ferns works perfectly. Therefore, it's (probably) not a memory problem.

If someone could help with this, it would be greatly appreciated !

Hey GreyFaun,

I just ran a test on #6 and didn't see any issue.  I did buy the bundle so wondering if there's a material misplaced or such.

PNW#6Test.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 364K
This discussion has been closed.