UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

DAZ Support just emailed me saying that US should be fixed now. Could someone who has been closer to the problems check DIM and see if that is true?

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

Jason Galterio said:

DAZ Support just emailed me saying that US should be fixed now. Could someone who has been closer to the problems check DIM and see if that is true?

It has only been fixed in a way that the old version files have been removed. No update that fixed the "update" before the DIM glitch. Package date is now 2021-02-22. 

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

I just checked ... seems correct.

I'll give it a try in a few minutes.

Latest USC in DIM.jpg
    439 x 278 - 17K

Thanks. I don't think Support really understands the situation. At least the support person that I am in contact with.

I mentioned the US issues as a "by the way" and "this is happening far too often" sort of thing. After reporting an issue with Rin for Genesis 8 Female.

Yep.  Back to v1.03 w/ Accellerator.

Only issue now is the USC product is in the Lost & Found catagory.  Tried re-classifying everything, but it's still not happy.

Thanks to all who helped "Squeek the Wheel" to get such rapid response.

I've got Support's attention, so I figured that I would try and get this resolved too. Here is the last reply I sent in:

Thank you for taking a look at UltraScenery, but its only half fixed. You did remove one of the files that was compounding the issues, but...

The original issue is that a brand new install package file appeared in DIM last week. Acting as if it was a new product, even when I (and many others) already have US installed. If this new package is installed, it destroys the previously installed product. The erroneous updates only made the situation worse.

When I look in my DIM download directory I see:
    IM00067835-01_Ultra...
    IM00067835-02_Ultra...

When I unzip these and do a Duplicate File comparison, most of the files in -02 are deleted as exact duplicates. The only things that remain are files that appear to be old versions of files in -01. Which is causing the product to stop working.

The only way to fix this, if you have installed the erroneous package, is to uninstall all of US and reinstall everything but the extra files that appeared.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311
    edited March 2021

HowieFarkes said:

What I'm currently working on - a Pacific north west themed bundle much like my Australia bundle.

Howie,

Count me in!

Cheers,

Alex. 

Post edited by alexhcowley on
    edited March 2021

The saga continues. See my last message with support below. They requested screenshots as they could not cofirm / identify what I was reporting. If anyone has anything to add that can help explain this, please do.

See attached.

USError_DIM_Installed > Showing what UltraScenery products I have installed. Note that the base US product file is installed.

USError_DIM_ReadyInstall > Showing what US products I have downloaded and are waiting to be installed. Note that the base US product file is shown here as waiting to be installed. It's not being shown as an update, its being shown as a brand new product.

USError_DIM_Installed_Detail > Archive contents.
    USError_DIM_ReadyInstall_Detail > Archive contents.

USError_FileManager > The base US product files in my DIM Download directory.

USError_ProductLibrary > The manual download of US from my product library shows only one archive files (as opposed to the two shown in DIM). The archive file in the Product Library is 86.8 MB which corresponds to IM00067835-02_UltraSceneryRealisticLandscapeSystem.

IM00067835-02_UltraSceneryRealisticLandscapeSystem > 86.8 MB
    IM00067835-01_UltraSceneryRealisticLandscapeSystem > 93.8 MB

Note that in my USError_DIM_Installed screenshot I have _01 installed, as confirmed by the file size. I did not install _02. When you install _02 US ceases to work. So the Product Library manual download is delivering a broken file. As is the extra DIM download of _02.

Working on attaching the screenshots. Just want to make sure I don't include any personal information. :)

Edited to add screenshots.

USError_DIM_Installed.JPG
    889 x 599 - 74K
    USError_DIM_ReadyInstall.JPG
    891 x 258 - 34K
    USError_FileManager.JPG
    980 x 182 - 40K
    USError_ProductLibrary.JPG
    1574 x 961 - 165K
    Post edited by Jason Galterio on
  • kervalakervala Posts: 184

Perhaps could you attach some screenshots with dates of files inside ZIP files so they'll know the new version is older than previous one :)

edited March 2021

kervala said:

Perhaps could you attach some screenshots with dates of files inside ZIP files so they'll know the new version is older than previous one :)

I did. I just forgot to attach them to the forum post. :)

I can't imagine what other information they might need...  but I didn't install the _02 so I don't know the exact problems. I was suspect of it when it appeared last week.

Caveat. This is the tech writer in me wanting to resolve this issue before other upodates get released and compound the problem. So I am all ears if there's information I am missing that support needs for clairifcation.

USError_DIM_Installed_Detail.JPG
    969 x 1336 - 362K
    USError_DIM_ReadyInstall_Detail.JPG
    762 x 1362 - 323K

I think this is due to the multi-tier support system. The poor guys at level 1 usually getting all the tickets with little technical knowledge. And they have to translate bewteen the tech guys in level 2 or 3 speaking a completely different langauge. Its a bit like Google translate, without the AI

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Emma is always the CS hero, coming in to save the day in these situations. She responded to my ticket and said she had fixed it. The manual download in my account looks OK now. I didn't see a DIM update today, maybe because I restored the same version from backup already yesterday.

edited March 2021

barbult said:

Emma is always the CS hero, coming in to save the day in these situations. She responded to my ticket and said she had fixed it. The manual download in my account looks OK now. I didn't see a DIM update today, maybe because I restored the same version from backup already yesterday.

Agreed. Emma is who I am talking to about this now and she is extremely helpful. And has been in the past, if memory serves. That's why I haven't let go now that I have her attention. :)

Editted to add: Yes, most of my past technical issues have been dealt with by Emma. Always handled well and quickly...  My only irritation has been how many problems there have been recently. She's always been a sympathetic ear when I mention errors that seem to be in a pattern. No matter how deranged I might sound.

edited March 2021

Yes, the CS people usually are really good. But for fixes, they have to rely on either the PA's or the DAZ tech staff. Unfortunately, DIM is again showing weird "updates". For some reason, November packages are shown as "Product Updates". This time it is the "Steampunk Ostrich Carriage"

Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on

Support has suggested that I try uninstalling the old _01 US build and only install the _02.

I am kind of hesistent to do this. Has anyone tried this?

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Yes, the CS people usually are really good. But for fixes, they have to rely on either the PA's or the DAZ tech staff. Unfortunately, DIM is again showing weird "updates". For some reason, November packages are shown as "Product Updates". This time it is the "Steampunk Ostrich Carriage"

Guess who has fixed it? Starts with an E.... laughheart 

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

I was able to undo the Ultrascenery issue and get things back to the way they were. I still seeing the semi-opaque leaves in the TAO 01 & 02 even though I uninstalled and reinstalled with DIM.

AnEye4Art said:

I was able to undo the Ultrascenery issue and get things back to the way they were. I still seeing the semi-opaque leaves in the TAO 01 & 02 even though I uninstalled and reinstalled with DIM.

Uninstalling and reinstalling with DIM will not fix it. You need to uninstall from Daz Connect. Did you follow the instructions I linked previously? Show a log file again to confirm where DS is picking up the TAO files. 

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

barbult said:

AnEye4Art said:

Uninstalling and reinstalling with DIM will not fix it. You need to uninstall from Daz Connect. Did you follow the instructions I linked previously? Show a log file again to confirm where DS is picking up the TAO files. 

Your instructions fixed the semi-opaque leaves. Thanks. I did not realize that only Tangy Apple Orchard was installed with Daz connect and was causing the issue.

TAO 1.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 1M
    TAO 2.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 1M

AnEye4Art said:

barbult said:

AnEye4Art said:

Your instructions fixed the semi-opaque leaves. Thanks. I did not realize that only Tangy Apple Orchard was installed with Daz connect and was causing the issue.

yes Glad it is working for you now. 

edited March 2021

Jason Galterio said:

Support has suggested that I try uninstalling the old _01 US build and only install the _02.

That sounds like bad advice to me. I believe 01 has been fixed by Emma in Customer Service. 

No, I was wrong! I hadn't noticed that the latest version is now called ID 2, even though I think it is exactly what used to be ID 1, before ID 1 was so badly botched. The old ID 2 was also botched, but this latest one seems correct.

Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

Jason Galterio said:

That sounds like bad advice to me. I believe 01 has been fixed by Emma in Customer Service. 

That's what I was worried about and why I asked. I didn't particularly like the idea.

Emma was the one who suggested the uninstall / re-install. I am going to sleep on it and decide what to do tomorrow.

barbult said:

Jason Galterio said:

That's what I was worried about and why I asked. I didn't particularly like the idea.

Emma was the one who suggested the uninstall / re-install. I am going to sleep on it and decide what to do tomorrow.

Make backup copies of whatever you already downloaded (zip and dsx) before you do anything. Then you can always restore that if you do the wrong thing.

Oh, I keep everything. My DIM Download directory is 2TB currently. I learned my lesson the last time I had to reinstall.

It sounds like installing the new item won't do any lasting damage, so I am a little more at ease with experimenting.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063
    edited March 2021

Just fired up DIM - and once again I have the incorrect package showing as available.

Time to open a ticket.

us-wrong package.jpg
    799 x 235 - 27K
    Post edited by namffuak on
    edited March 2021

namffuak said:

Just fired up DIM - and once again I have the incorrect package showing as available.

Time to open a ticket.

Actually, that IS the correct, current one.

Post edited by Doc Acme on

Jason Galterio said:

Oh, I keep everything. My DIM Download directory is 2TB currently. I learned my lesson the last time I had to reinstall.

It sounds like installing the new item won't do any lasting damage, so I am a little more at ease with experimenting.

I just noticed that the new correct version is now called ID 2!!!! Even though as far as I can tell, it is just what used to be ID 1, before this whole mess began. So I was wrong! Emma's advice seems to be correct.

edited March 2021

I rendered this with the latest version of UltraScenery, using the accelerator, and those are aspen trees. The latest version made available by Daz today seems to be working again.

Tubing

USC Crossing 1 Woodland 1 Clear Stream Tubing_001 PS.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063

Doc Acme said:

namffuak said:

Time to open a ticket.

So it went from 95.1 MB down to  86.8 MB?

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited March 2021

namffuak said:

Doc Acme said:

namffuak said:

Time to open a ticket.

So it went from 95.1 MB down to  86.8 MB?

Same here on pkg. sizes and ID 2. So do I install it or not? It is going to just sit in DIM in product updates until I do.

Post edited by dawnblade on
This discussion has been closed.