Light Dome Pro - R and additional point lights crashing the render

arcadyarcady Posts: 340
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I've got a scene with 2 genesis figures on top of a building, and light dome pro - r being used to the backdrop / lighting.

One of the figures is using a holographic computer display - that I've set up as a plane with a texture and a point light in front of it (is there a way to make objects glow in Daz Studio? - I put the light to light up her face).

When I add the point light and go to render using Light Dome Pro's special render function... instead it hides the backdrop and then stops.

The hiding of the backdrop is normal - when I don't have the point light this also occurs as it gets hidden as an initial step as the first render pass is without it.

So with the point light it gets to that step... but then stops.
No point light: it goes about rendering.

Is there a specific step to take when using additional lights beyond those in light dome pro - R?

This is odd for me because my last Daz Studio scene that used Light Dome Pro also had an added point light, and I don't believe I have done anything different this time.

Comments

• arcadyarcady Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

Is it possible that to make additional lights work, I need to run the 'ambient script' thingy that is in the same folder as the thing to add the light dome to the scene?

(Going to test that tonight and see what happens.)

Another thread in the commons forum hints that I may not need the point light anyway - that maybe I can use some other means to make my 'sci-fi effect' glow and light up the figure's face:

"How do I turn something into it’s own light source, again?"
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/31778/