Need Grass, Street and Sidewalk

mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
edited December 1969 in New Users

I purchased the Collective3d 5 Low Poly Bungalows and it's great for what it is and my needs. But I want grass, streets, and sidewalks like the pictures.

I've tried just about every search I can think of and cannot find a product that provides the "setting."

Never thought I'd be stuck on a search...

Thanks

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you look around on ShareCG, you may find something suitable.

This bungalow http://www.daz3d.com/modern-bungalow comes with a partial street, sidewalk and grass etc.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

This doesn't have grass, but sidewalks, streets and signs aplenty

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/streets

mac

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited September 2014

A good solution for grass is to get the grass shader for Daz Studio. It's a procedural grass which looks great and keeps overheads low as it doesn't use geometry but rather displaces the ground it's used on. The great thing about it is that it will follow the terrain perfectly and can be applied to any major landscape in the store!

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
    edited December 1969

maclean said:

mac

Forgot about your Streets mac, and I have it too :)
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

maclean said:

mac

Forgot about your Streets mac, and I have it too :)

Jimmy runs and hides, with Mac in hard pursuit. Stay tuned...

edited December 1969

Luckily for me, we live in different parts of Europe, but I'm sure he is a faster runner than me :)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

yeah but Mac doesn't have any grass. Maybe he could be some on the street corner. :P

edited December 1969

Ah, California grass, now that is something else :P

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

more lush and greener I would wager from I what see in Ken birds newsletters

• Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
    edited September 2014

The Cape Cod house comes with a front yard, sidewalk, driveway, etc. You can load a couple of these into the scene to make a street, although more than 3 and my PC, at least, starts to drag a bit.

I have to say, though, this is probably one of my biggest frustrations regarding DAZ resources... Urban settings you can get in abundance, in a variety of flavors (regular, dystopian, hell even blown up). But suburban settings are thin on the ground. What's really needed is some kind of low to medium rez prop or maybe even something for the Cyclotron that gives us the look of being on a suburban street without having to load 500 different objects from 10 different packages just to get something basic.

Before anyone says "you do it!" I both suck at modeling and have no interest in doing it. My area of interest is in taking existing resources and tweaking them and making my own scene (or even my own comic-book composed of many small scenes).

Post edited by Steven-V on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821
    edited December 1969

First Bastion's Modern Bungalow has pretty much all of that.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

This has nice grass tiles - and it is free: http://www.daz3d.com/yard-builder :). As for your pavement, what about primitives?

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    edited December 1969

OK, DAZ, include Modern Bungalow in one of you promotions and I'll buy it.

Need a good deal, spent enough money already. :)

edited December 1969

You would need to see FirstBastion about that, it is not a DAZ item. :)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821
    edited December 1969

First Bastion's store hasn't been individually on sale yet this month, I think, although it was included in the weekend all-PA sale earlier. If it doesn't have its own sale upcoming, it'll probably be on sale one more time, if they do an end-of-sale All PA Stores sale as they have done in the past.

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited December 1969

Have you tried City Roads. They don't show up when you search for streets. It's been a while since I played with them, so I don't remember if you can get rid of the walls.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

MarcCCTx said:
    Have you tried City Roads. They don't show up when you search for streets. It's been a while since I played with them, so I don't remember if you can get rid of the walls.

From the images posted on the product page, it looks as though the walls, fences and sidewalks are all separate objects.

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited December 1969

Ah, you can turn them invisible and there's grass underneath

no_fence.jpg
    400 x 384 - 124K
  • Collective3dCollective3d Posts: 446
    edited December 1969

The bungalows were originally supposed to come with the terrain, the way all my subsequent releases have, but the Blue Collar Neighborhood was a collaborative project and some of the details were tied up with what my partners were supposed to do.

Anyway, I am planning before the end of the year to have a series of lots for them (the full-interior house and the 5 low poly exteriors) that will just be added into the existing packages.

Someone mentioned their computer bogging down a bit with more than 3 of the lots in the scene at once... and I know where you're coming from. I've loaded as many as fifteen of them into the scene and my computer nearly had a stroke. A less resource-intensive way of generating actual grass is something I'm still working on, but for now at least, the scenes do come with the option to load the lot without the grass. I don't think it looks as good, but it saves a lot on resources.

Eventually I would like to do a single all-in-one suburban neighborhood like you describe. There are just a few more technical hurdles to overcome. In the meanwhile, linking up the various Collective3d houses isn't terribly difficult, they snap pretty well side to side and load as a single grouped element so you can slide them around in the parameters tab while zoomed in on a dummy. What I do when I am setting up promotional renders is load in and arrange 5 lots with their houses and garages, group those, and save the group as a set. Then I can just load in pre-built sets of 5 houses and arrange as needed. Saves a bunch of time.

Hope that helps!