How to make Genisis 2 Starter female fat?

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello,

My topic pretty much says it.

How do I make the Genesis starter Actor, fat?I cant find any of the fat sliders that used to be included with the basic start up set.

Also, are there face morphs? Can I push and pull the nose into shapes or the eyes into new shapes? That sort of thing. Or must I buy ner 'actors' in order to get different facial shapes? Nose Shapes etc?

I would also like to know where I can find information about using DAZ 3D models in gaming programs and the like, the legality of it, whether I'm allowed to make a profit off of the thing I make using DAZ 3D, or if I am only allowed to use what I make for personal reasons.

Please and Thank you!

Andrea

Comments

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Firstly, using in games: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/123839-Can-I-use-DAZ-3D-s-products-in-a-video-game-that-I-am-producing-. Commercial use is granted for 2D images and animations. Using the mesh directly requires following the instructions I linked to (and having a proper license).

Secondly, morphs. Which sliders that "used to be included" are you talking about? Generally, you should see all you have got under Shaping Tab.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2014

Hello,

My topic pretty much says it.

How do I make the Genesis starter Actor, fat?I cant find any of the fat sliders that used to be included with the basic start up set.

Also, are there face morphs? Can I push and pull the nose into shapes or the eyes into new shapes? That sort of thing. Or must I buy ner 'actors' in order to get different facial shapes? Nose Shapes etc?

I would also like to know where I can find information about using DAZ 3D models in gaming programs and the like, the legality of it, whether I'm allowed to make a profit off of the thing I make using DAZ 3D, or if I am only allowed to use what I make for personal reasons.

Please and Thank you!

Andrea

If you are thinking of games where you are including the actual mesh models then you will need a game developers license.

The base license for DAZ 3D models only pertains to products which are DAZ Originals, ie have DAZ 3D as one of the vendors. Some PAs do also have Game Dev licenses for their products.

You can see what licenses are available on this store page http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=game+developer+license

Please read the EULA as regards this, which can be found here http://www.daz3d.com/eula This link can be found at the bottom of every page on the site bottom right, click on License Agreement.

As regards morphing Genesis, you will need to purchase the Morph packs to get any degree of full morph capabilities
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-evolution-morph-bundle/ you can buy htese either as the bundle linked or as separate head and body morphs.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,055
    edited December 1969

Remark: Chohole's link points to Genesis 1 morph bundle, for Genesis 2 Female it's this one:
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-female-morphs-bundle

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ah, sorry, I read Genesis starter actor in the post, didn't realise it was G2F, as that is only in the title, and not in the body of the post.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited September 2014

Genesis (original Genesis) includes some morphs in the free Starter Essentials package that will make the figure heavier, so you can do that without buying anything (though the Evolutions package certainly expands your options and is highly recommended).

For Genesis 2 Female, I don't believe the free figure includes such morphs, so you'd need to buy the package Leana linked to (or look for a free morph set like SickleYield's conversion of the DieTrying morphs, available at sharecg).

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited September 2014

Agreed chohole and Scott-Livingston. allot of add on figures for G2F require the two morph packs in that bundle Leana provided the link to. If you plan on getting any more figures for G2F, it will be worth your efforts to just get the pack.

The "DieTrying's 182 Morphs for Genesis 2 Female" by SickleYield is also excellent, tho they do not replace the required morphs for other figures mentioned above. They add more to them in allot of areas.

I have all three, and some. I have found them invaluable with allot of minor figure tweaks, and major ones as well.
    here is a sample screen-cap from the bundle Leana linked to.
    (edit)
    They will only show (assuming purchased and installed correctly), if the G2F figure is selected in the scene tab.

DazStudio_MorphPacks101lbl1.png
    691 x 973 - 346K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • edited December 1969

Firstly, using in games: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/123839-Can-I-use-DAZ-3D-s-products-in-a-video-game-that-I-am-producing-. Commercial use is granted for 2D images and animations. Using the mesh directly requires following the instructions I linked to (and having a proper license).

Secondly, morphs. Which sliders that "used to be included" are you talking about? Generally, you should see all you have got under Shaping Tab.

Hey!

Thank you for that link, it's not a game I'm developing so much as an online MMO social site. AND as for the sliders I mean the male to female slider, the fat slider, pear shape slider, child slider, muscle slider, nipple slider ... Gosh, there used to be so so many of them that you just, GOT. They just came with DAZ when you downloaded it.

@chohole Thank you for those links! I'll be sure to have a read through the licenses to figure out which one I need, if any at all.

@zarcondeegrissom I have those saved in my browsers favourites. They look pretty damned amazing. Im nto sure if you mentioned them but I saw some pretty awesome fat face morphs as well!

Thank you everyone who replied =D

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited September 2014

Thank you for that link, it's not a game I'm developing so much as an online MMO social site. AND as for the sliders I mean the male to female slider, the fat slider, pear shape slider, child slider, muscle slider, nipple slider ... Gosh, there used to be so so many of them that you just, GOT. They just came with DAZ when you downloaded it.

I know exactly what that is, I keep doing that even today, lol. The "Genesis" shape sliders are not the "Genesis 2 Female" sliders, there different creatures all together... I keep looking for a Genesis (1) slider in the Genesis 2 Female stuff, because I forget it is a G1 not a G2 morph I'm looking for. lol.

G1 sliders don't appear when G2 is loaded (and selected in the scene tab), and vise verse.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

I think the list of freebies for Gen2F we started compiling may help you: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org/wiki/Genesis_2_Female... I think Pear came with Genesis Evolution Morphs... Whatever, it can't be checked now as we all have dozens of morphs installed.