Eye's white.

blkznqueenblkznqueen Posts: 8
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

When I render my character's eyes. they appear white. How can I solve this in Daz and Lux Reality.

Comments

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Depending on the figure they Eye Surface may be the culprit.

Sigstan at runtimeDNA has written an epic treatise on the subject
    http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?86759-Quick-Guide-to-Reality-Eyes

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Normal DAZ|Studio materials and LuxRender materials frequently have very different limits. The settings for a nice shiny eye surface in D|S translate as "impossibly glossy" in LuxRender. The usual culprit here is the Specular Color parameter, I usually make sure never to let this go over about 50 for any surface in the scene.

Remember that the normal D|S render engine only convincingly fakes the physical behaviour of light bouncing around your scene. LuxRender actually simulates light behaviour pretty accurately from light source to camera. The differences are enough to cause much Weird Stuff™ to happen if you're not expecting it, and you will usually need to re-learn how to set up your lighting.

• blkznqueenblkznqueen Posts: 8
    edited September 2014

Thanks Spotted Kitty for some useful feed back regarding the eyes. You're also right about the lighting different between Daz and Lux. Is there away I can post these the lighting from Daz to Lux. I know you are laughing, but I'm learning this all on my own. So feel free to laugh,

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_98/

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

In general, a standard D|S scene will need more lights to pull off the "convincingly fake real world lighting" trick. A scene lit for LuxRender will usually only need the actual light sources (sunlight, blue sky, light bulb in a room, table lamp, etc). I'm not sure how well my tips and tricks might help you, as I use Luxus instead of Reality, but some things are common to both approaches.

One thing to look out for is when you have something like a light bulb in the scene that's supposed to be switched on. LuxRender allows you to set the actual mesh of the light bulb glass as a light-emitting object, and that will fill a room without extra "ambient" fill lights.

For other kinds of lighting, I've just bought and begun to experiment with some of InaneGlory's sets, but again they're optimised to work in Luxus. I'm actually not sure what light sets might be out for Reality. Have you tried Renderosity, since I think that's where Reality is sold now?

And don't worry about sounding silly for all your questions. We like helping newcomers figure out how things work in these forums. Most of us are still working things out ourselves; there's always one more sneaky little program feature to master. ;-)

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663
    edited September 2014

For a good free light set designed to work with DS and Reality check out the Reality Light System by Callad on sharecg.com

http://www.sharecg.com/v/68284/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Reality-Light-System-for-DS-+-Reality-+-Luxrender

Post edited by Platnumk on