How to change an outfit's texture?

marsbondmarsbond Posts: 22
edited September 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

How to change an outfit's texture? I can't seem to find it, any help with this please?

Edited to add subject to body of post

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Depends on what you're using. What's the outfit?

• marsbondmarsbond Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

wardrobes for genesis 2

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

Unless that's the name of the product, I think a specific product name is needed.

edited December 1969

I mean custom textures.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What clothing item are you trying to change the texture on, can you please give a link to the Product?

You say a custom texture, was it made for the clothing item that you are using?

edited December 1969

a custom graphic

• chorsechorse Posts: 163
    edited September 2014

It's not clear to me what exactly you want to do. In General, If you want to create your own custom texture(overlays, colors, graphics, tattoos,etc.) for an outfit you would normally do that in a photo editor like Photoshop. You can use the outfit free templates, if available, or you can modify the colors of an existing texture and save the modified texture, and add it to the outfit's using surfaces tab. Another way is to use shader's or work directly from the surfaces tab, changing the diffuse colors etc. After you are satisfied with the result you can save it as a shader or material preset. Also there are quite a few tutorials available on all these methods.

Post edited by chorse on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Before we get too mired down in this guessing game, can you tell us exactly what it is that you wish to do.

Are you saying that you have made a custom texture of your own, and now wish to apply it to the model that you are using, or are you asking how to make a custom texture for your Model?

• chorsechorse Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

Marsbond; Chohole is the expert. Thanks for all the wonderful free Mil 4 textures.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Before we get too mired down in this guessing game, can you tell us exactly what it is that you wish to do.

Are you saying that you have made a custom texture of your own, and now wish to apply it to the model that you are using, or are you asking how to make a custom texture for your Model?

Yes i made a custom texture and i want it to be added to the model
  • eblankeblank Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

You can add another texture to a model in the SURFACES tab. With the outfit selected, click on the little arrow left of the diffuse channel e.g., click on "Browse" and browse to the file location where you saved your texture. You can do the same for other channels like Bump or Displacement if you made corresponding textures.

edited December 1969

I couldn't find it.

• eblankeblank Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Maybe this will help you: http://snag.gy/AMWiF.jpg