Transfer rigging pose issue

FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,567
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have an .obj i need to use for a project and want to add basic rigging to it to pose it. I followed a couple of threads on transferring the rigging from genesis (pose genesis to match the obj and then transfer utility). Problem is, the obj isn't in a T-pose and when i transfer the rigging, it only transfers in the default pose genesis is in. Any ideas how to fix this or transfer another way.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,896
    edited December 1969

You need to adjust the shape or to edit the rigging on the limbs after transferring - I'd suggest that adjusting the shape is the lesser evil if it's simply been made in an A pose or the like.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

Using an older version of 4.6 so I don't know if it's still there, but you'll get better results if you try "Edit > Figure > Rigging > Transfer Rigging (Figure Space)" instead of the Transfer Utility, it transfers the rig in it's current state (pose) to another mesh.

• DushkaDushka Posts: 17

Using an older version of 4.6 so I don't know if it's still there, but you'll get better results if you try "Edit > Figure > Rigging > Transfer Rigging (Figure Space)" instead of the Transfer Utility, it transfers the rig in it's current state (pose) to another mesh.

Could you please explain how to do this, Bejaymac. I cannot figure it out at all. Whenever I try to do this, I get an error message saying, "Select a source figure then a target to use this action". How does one do that?

• 3 days trying the same... select first, select second... nothing