Suggestion for Product Library

magnus272magnus272 Posts: 4
edited November 2020 in Product Suggestions

Would like to suggest that daz3d.com also allow users to filter their product libraries by genre (i.e., backgrounds & environments, interior sceneries & props, female/male outfits, hair, characters and creatures, poses & expressions, utilities & tutorials, head & body morphs, shaders).  It’s espeially difficult to sort through my product library when filtering environments, backgrounds, sceneries and props. Thank you. 

Post edited by magnus272 on

Comments

• +1 on this suggestion

• The content library needs a drastic overhaul. At te moment i have 4-5 daz folders in there for no reason. Wouldn't it be easier if the folder mapping was something like this?

daz3d/genesis 8

/hair

/clothing

/shoes

/body morphs

/accesories

daz3d/environments

/rooms

/outside environments

/parks etc

Or something along those lines? Or maybe an option to put tags so when i search parks eg i get all assets i tagged with parks easily. There are so many foldners and subfolders that its inoperable as it is. Plus the poser folder whatever that is. I never use poser nor i remember being asked if i wanted it. Assuming it was installed in there.

• The content library needs a drastic overhaul. At te moment i have 4-5 daz folders in there for no reason. Wouldn't it be easier if the folder mapping was something like this?

daz3d/genesis 8

/hair

/clothing

/shoes

/body morphs

/accesories

daz3d/environments

/rooms

/outside environments

/parks etc

Or something along those lines? Or maybe an option to put tags so when i search parks eg i get all assets i tagged with parks easily. There are so many foldners and subfolders that its inoperable as it is. Plus the poser folder whatever that is. I never use poser nor i remember being asked if i wanted it. Assuming it was installed in there.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you have four to five Daz folders. Are these content directories, or folders inside content directories?

• There's a ton of redundant or surplus subfolders in Daz. It's horrible to navigate the content lib. There's no good filtering (highlight only paths that contain matches), you can only look at one folder at a time (no multitab like any web browser has had for ages), the search cannot jump to the folder in the tree/pane view, only to the alphabetical order, there are no nav buttons to navigate back/forth to can easily try a couple combinations of props, people, hair, morphs etc. If one could call lib items from an external API I'd code a context menu for a multi tab extension for Windows Explorer and be done with it. 

• Wait ok there actually are back/forth arrows. But all the rest I said.

• dexter.filmore_a6337aa2ba said:

There's a ton of redundant or surplus subfolders in Daz. It's horrible to navigate the content lib. There's no good filtering (highlight only paths that contain matches), you can only look at one folder at a time (no multitab like any web browser has had for ages), the search cannot jump to the folder in the tree/pane view, only to the alphabetical order, there are no nav buttons to navigate back/forth to can easily try a couple combinations of props, people, hair, morphs etc. If one could call lib items from an external API I'd code a context menu for a multi tab extension for Windows Explorer and be done with it. 

You could use the SDK to develop your own content pane, or scripting lets you launch processes (other applications) and you coudl then send files from those to DS.