3DU Spring Dynamics script doesn't load - instant error msg

2»

Comments

• nowefg said:

I'm using 4.12, as specified in the promo requirements.

I installed the Spring Dynamics folders in a custom scripts location, and when that didn't work, I reinstalled to the exact locations as the downloaded folders.

I've read the included pdf, which lacks specific instructions, presumably because the script is so easy to use.

I have a timeline set (using my preferred animation interface, Keymate,) a base G3F figure pose change at frame 15 of 30 frames, reverting back at frame 30. The basic animation works perfectly.

I have a bone selected in the Scene tab.

Clicking on the Spring Dynamics icon causes an error msg, "An error occurred while reading the file...", images attached.

This msg usually happens when nothing is selected in the scene, but in this case something is definitely selected.

Before I go for an Instant Refund on a Defective product, has anyone gotten this product to work?

• nowefg said:

I'm using 4.12, as specified in the promo requirements.

I installed the Spring Dynamics folders in a custom scripts location, and when that didn't work, I reinstalled to the exact locations as the downloaded folders.

I've read the included pdf, which lacks specific instructions, presumably because the script is so easy to use.

I have a timeline set (using my preferred animation interface, Keymate,) a base G3F figure pose change at frame 15 of 30 frames, reverting back at frame 30. The basic animation works perfectly.

I have a bone selected in the Scene tab.

Clicking on the Spring Dynamics icon causes an error msg, "An error occurred while reading the file...", images attached.

This msg usually happens when nothing is selected in the scene, but in this case something is definitely selected.

Before I go for an Instant Refund on a Defective product, has anyone gotten this product to work?

• i have this error dont work i pay more thar $20.97  for this.

error.jpg
    636 x 720 - 87K
  • gocuzero said:

i have this error dont work i pay more thar $20.97  for this.

What is selected in the scene?

• gocuzerogocuzero Posts: 35
    edited December 2020

Richard Haseltine said:

gocuzero said:

i have this error dont work i pay more thar $20.97  for this.

What is selected in the scene?

genesis 3 female 

Post edited by gocuzero on
  • thi is the genesis 3 female body selected and error happen

1363849h2.jpg
    1067 x 950 - 202K
  • Exactly which version of DS is that - Help>About Daz Studio?

• is the last  version

• gocuzerogocuzero Posts: 35
    edited December 2020

4.14.0.10 pro

Post edited by gocuzero on
  • OK, that should rule out compatibility issues. Try the script again, then go to Help>Troibleshooting>View Log File and scroll to the very end - that may have some more information.

• This is the end of the text in  Log File

2020-12-15 15:56:30.366 Loading script: C:/Users/abc/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_77198/scripts/utilities/3d universe/spring dynamics.dse.enc
    2020-12-15 15:56:30.367 Failed to load script: C:/Users/abc/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_77198/scripts/utilities/3d universe/spring dynamics.dse.enc
    2020-12-15 15:56:35.742 Loading script: C:/Users/abc/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_77198/scripts/utilities/3d universe/spring dynamics.dse.enc
    2020-12-15 15:56:35.743 Failed to load script: C:/Users/abc/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_77198/scripts/utilities/3d universe/spring dynamics.dse.enc

• Is the .enc at the end of the filename (spring dynamics.dse.enc) normal for anything non-DIM/non-manual?  Had not seen that yet.

My script works and I just have .dse.  My log shows it as .dse as expected.

• Saxa -- SD said:

Is the .enc at the end of the filename (spring dynamics.dse.enc) normal for anything non-DIM/non-manual?  Had not seen that yet.

No, the *.enc should not be there. I have seen that a lot with DAZ Connect installs. As a rule of thumb, anything that has encrypted scripts inside is likely to fail when installed via DAZ Connect. I would recommend to uninstall from DAZ Connect and install via DIM. I have not had any issues with encrypted scripts installed via DIM so far. 

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Saxa -- SD said:

Is the .enc at the end of the filename (spring dynamics.dse.enc) normal for anything non-DIM/non-manual?  Had not seen that yet.

No, the *.enc should not be there. I have seen that a lot with DAZ Connect installs. As a rule of thumb, anything that has encrypted scripts inside is likely to fail when installed via DAZ Connect. I would recommend to uninstall from DAZ Connect and install via DIM. I have not had any issues with encrypted scripts installed via DIM so far. 

YES  THIS  WORK  THANK YOU

imagesss.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 280K
  • Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Saxa -- SD said:

The .enc indicates that the script did not install correctly. The issue with running scripts from Connect has nothing to do with whether or not they are encrypted, it's down to the script not "realising" that it may not be where the CMS reports it as being - I know some of my scripts make assumptions in that way, and would fail if run from a Connect install. Unfortunately it's a difficult thing to troubleshoot, especially when the script is being written initially and when it acesses external files for some of its functionality.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Saxa -- SD said:

The .enc indicates that the script did not install correctly. The issue with running scripts from Connect has nothing to do with whether or not they are encrypted, it's down to the script not "realising" that it may not be where the CMS reports it as being - I know some of my scripts make assumptions in that way, and would fail if run from a Connect install. Unfortunately it's a difficult thing to troubleshoot, especially when the script is being written initially and when it acesses external files for some of its functionality.

DAZ Connect may not be the culprit, but I have seen this happening ONLY with DAZ Connect and (sometimes) with DAZ Central so far. Absolutely any script I have installed with DIM was installed correctly. I do not really care who is to blame, but I think it generates a lot of very unneccessary frustration on the user side.

You find a product that looks great, from promo renders and the description, and think "wow, that's what I need". You buy it, install it, and then - bang - nothing works. Because you where so "enthusiastic" in having it, the frustration of having a product that does not work at all is even higher.