3DU Spring Dynamics script doesn't load - instant error msg

I'm using 4.12, as specified in the promo requirements.

I installed the Spring Dynamics folders in a custom scripts location, and when that didn't work, I reinstalled to the exact locations as the downloaded folders.

I've read the included pdf, which lacks specific instructions, presumably because the script is so easy to use.

I have a timeline set (using my preferred animation interface, Keymate,) a base G3F figure pose change at frame 15 of 30 frames, reverting back at frame 30. The basic animation works perfectly.

I have a bone selected in the Scene tab.

Clicking on the Spring Dynamics icon causes an error msg, "An error occurred while reading the file...", images attached.

This msg usually happens when nothing is selected in the scene, but in this case something is definitely selected.

Before I go for an Instant Refund on a Defective product, has anyone gotten this product to work?

Spring Error Msg.jpg
1567 x 293 - 201K
Spring Error msg 2.jpg
2559 x 1220 - 167K

Comments

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,018
    edited November 2020

I've played with it a bit and haven't gotten any errors. I used it when animating a pose-to-pose transition on a character's upper body, on dForce hair during a simulation, and on a facial animation using the expression controls product. 

Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Thanks. For some unknown reason, I routinely have trouble with scripted products. Looks like Spring Dynamics is another no-go for me.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Does that come with the clown punching bag?

• nowefg said:

Thanks. For some unknown reason, I routinely have trouble with scripted products. Looks like Spring Dynamics is another no-go for me.

Most likely, your system has issues decoding the encryped scrips (*.dse are encrypred scripts). Sometimes, just uninstalling and re-installing helps. Sometimes it does not, though. Last time I ran into such an issue I had to start from scratch.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited November 2020

What is the rest of your version number - 4.12.x.x - from Help>About Daz Studio? If you hover the mouse over the script thumbnail the tool tip should tell you which version it was saved from.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,018

Alas, it does not. I had to provide my own. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Alas, it does not. I had to provide my own. 

OK, thanks.

• I also have an error on startup :(  , in daz 4.10  and  daz 4. 14

2020-11-17_14-32-08.png
    875 x 1076 - 61K

What is the rest of your version number - 4.12.x.x - from Help>About Daz Studio? If you hover the mouse over the script thumbnail the tool tip should tell you which version it was saved from.

Thanks, Richard, I'm using 4.12.0.86 64 bit.

nowefg said:

Most likely, your system has issues decoding the encryped scrips (*.dse are encrypred scripts). Sometimes, just uninstalling and re-installing helps. Sometimes it does not, though. Last time I ran into such an issue I had to start from scratch.

Thanks. I have done a complete remove and reinstall, but that had no effect.

As far as troublesome scripts and decrypting, I do have a dozen or so script products, from Zev0, V3Digitimes, and several others, and they've never caused any  problem. Others just never would work, and that makes me wonder about the encrypting processes used. I don't know enough about that sort of thing to know if there are different encrypting methods, or any standardization.

I am using a fairly high-powered, relatively new computer, and the most recent Windows 10, and 4.12.0.86 64 bit, so I can't see how my system could be having trouble decrypting anything, but who know?.If it does, I wouldn't know where to start in terms of fixing it.

The odd clue, here, is that Studio is acting like there's nothing selected, when there is. That's an unusual and fairly glaring problem.

I'll try one more re-download.

Just to update: Redownloaded, reistalled after a complete de-install...

No change, still won't load. Hafta go for the refund.

• nowefg said:

Did you check the version info from the tooltip?

nowefg said:

Yes, I did, and posted it above. 4.12.0.86. I also submitted a Tech Support ticket, but haven't gottten a response.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited November 2020
    nowefg said:
    nowefg said:

Yes, I did, and posted it above. 4.12.0.86. I also submitted a Tech Support ticket, but haven't gottten a response.

Sorry, you said you were using that version but I didn't realise it was the script version too. To be clear, I am asking about this (for the Spring Dynamics script)

Script version info.jpg
    522 x 800 - 220K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Ah! I don't use Tootips, to limit the amount of stray info that pops up when I'm working, Turned it on, though, image attached, but It doesn't specify a version.

It's whatever version was offered for sale the morning it was posted, and then redownloaded the following day...

Spring Dynamics Tooltip.jpg
    735 x 1371 - 100K
  • nowefg said:

Ah! I don't use Tootips, to limit the amount of stray info that pops up when I'm working, Turned it on, though, image attached, but It doesn't specify a version.

It's whatever version was offered for sale the morning it was posted, and then redownloaded the following day...

I thought DS would show the script version even if it was higher than the DS version - I would now be somewhat inclined to suspect a corrupt installation

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited November 2020

DAZ Connect is installing an encoded file spring dynamics.dse.enc 

DIM installs spring dynamics.dse

EDIT:  Fixed by copying the DIM script spring dynamics.dse to My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_77198\scripts

Screen Shot 11-18-20 at 05.07 PM.JPG
    1802 x 997 - 472K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    edited November 2020
    nowefg said:

Yours looks different than what I'm seeing. This is the tooltip I see:

I think Richard is probably right about a corrupted installation. You may try uninstalling and then redownloading it. 

Screenshot 2020-11-18 171731.jpg
    565 x 368 - 45K
    Post edited by 3Diva on
    3Diva said:
    nowefg said:

I think Richard is probably right about a corrupted installation. You may try uninstalling and then redownloading it. 

3Diva said:
    nowefg said:

Thank you, 3Diva & Richard,.

3Diva, did you install yours from a manual download?

I just now redownloaded, manually as I always do, and reinstalled manually after deleting all the the prior install folders:This is the fourth time I've redownloaded and reisnstalled.

data/3D Universe/Spring Dynamics

Scripts/Utilities/3D Universe

The Runtime folder is Support, which I never install, unless it's a Daz Original figure.

Not much to it. Same result, though. My tooltips are the same as I posted earlier, and the product still doesn't work.

The Author - Unavailable line, in particular, looks strange to me. Where does Studio get the Tooltip info if not from the product itself?

Is there any chance that the Manual Download zip file is not identical with what gets downloaded through the other Daz methods?

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    nowefg said:
    3Diva said:
    nowefg said:

3Diva said:
    nowefg said:

I just now redownloaded, manually as I always do, and reinstalled manually after deleting all the the prior install folders:This is the fourth time I've redownloaded and reisnstalled.

The Runtime folder is Support, which I never install, unless it's a Daz Original figure.

Not much to it. Same result, though. My tooltips are the same as I posted earlier, and the product still doesn't work.

The Author - Unavailable line, in particular, looks strange to me. Where does Studio get the Tooltip info if not from the product itself?

Is there any chance that the Manual Download zip file is not identical with what gets downloaded through the other Daz methods?

I installed via DIM. I recommend installing Plug-ins for Daz Studio via DIM.

3Diva said:
    nowefg said:
    3Diva said:
    nowefg said:

3Diva said:
    nowefg said:

I installed via DIM. I recommend installing Plug-ins for Daz Studio via DIM.

Thanks, 3Diva. I only download and install manually, but I appreciate your thoughtfulness in suggesting DIM. I does seem like we have two different versions of Spring Dynamics. DIM works, Manual Install doesn't... weird.

Lindsey said:

DAZ Connect is installing an encoded file spring dynamics.dse.enc 

DIM installs spring dynamics.dse

EDIT:  Fixed by copying the DIM script spring dynamics.dse to My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_77198\scripts

Thanks, Lindsay. I don't use Connect. I've spent thousands on my product library, and having control of that investment is important to me. I don't need Daz to manage it for me.

In some cases, possibly like this script product, I may lose out, but from your info, it looks more than ever like there is an inconsistency issue of some kind. This adds weight to my question about the Manual Install zip file. I never use tooltips, but can't see how there can be two versions of tooltips if all the download packages are shipping an identical product.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983

I downloaded both the manual and DIM installer and both .zip files are identical in content.  It's just a script do I don't image it would matter where you installed the script within the DAZ Studio Formats library.

FYI - If you launch the script with nothing selected a message box appears as shown in the attached pic.

Screen Shot 11-18-20 at 09.29 PM.JPG
    916 x 663 - 290K
  • Good Day,

I installed through DIM.  My Daz Studio is 4.12.0.86.  My tool tip does not show a version number.  Steps taken:

1.  Download through DIM -- Failed to work and uninstalled.

2.  Download through DIM a second time to the "Recommended Location" by DIM -- Failed to work and uninstalled.

3.  Downloaded Zip for Manual installation -- Failed to work and uninstalled.

4.  Downloaded from DIM a third time to check for version number.  Tool tips did not show a version # only date of creation and date of modification for the file.

5.  Attempted to use it on a base figure -- still failed to work:

I have not had a script behave like this.  Your assistance is appreciated.

Lindsey said:

I downloaded both the manual and DIM installer and both .zip files are identical in content.  It's just a script do I don't image it would matter where you installed the script within the DAZ Studio Formats library.

FYI - If you launch the script with nothing selected a message box appears as shown in the attached pic.

whfield said:

Good Day,

I installed through DIM.  My Daz Studio is 4.12.0.86.  My tool tip does not show a version number.  Steps taken:

1.  Download through DIM -- Failed to work and uninstalled.

2.  Download through DIM a second time to the "Recommended Location" by DIM -- Failed to work and uninstalled.

3.  Downloaded Zip for Manual installation -- Failed to work and uninstalled.

4.  Downloaded from DIM a third time to check for version number.  Tool tips did not show a version # only date of creation and date of modification for the file.

5.  Attempted to use it on a base figure -- still failed to work:

I have not had a script behave like this.  Your assistance is appreciated.

Curioser and curiouser.... I don't like to see other customers, including DIM users, having similar malfunction issues with Spring Dynamics, but it is good to know it's not just me.

Sort of...

If I was the only one the product won't work for, I could just go refund now. As it stands, it seems worth a little longer wait, to see what, if anything, can be done to rectify the problem. I have twenty-plus dollars tied up in this non-functioning product, which is about my high limit for single item purchases at Daz, but can wait one more day, to see if a fix happens.

• Please file a support ticket if there are product errors for you, it does look as if there are issues for a number of users (though clearly not everyone).

Please file a support ticket if there are product errors for you, it does look as if there are issues for a number of users (though clearly not everyone).

Thanks, Richard. Already did that, three days ago, but haven't gotten a response so far.

• Yes, I submitted a ticket with the error logs embedded in the discussion section.  I'm waiting for a response also.

• elenazontikelenazontik Posts: 19
    edited November 2020

Yes, you are not alone. I am having a similar problem with Spring Dynamics. Waiting for a response from the support service; (   Very appetizing script, but alas! does not work

Post edited by elenazontik on
  • elenazontikelenazontik Posts: 19
    edited November 2020

And I hope ..

Post edited by elenazontik on
  • I also cannot get this script to load.  I'm running DS 4.12.0.86.  I installed with DIM, downloaded manually and verified all files are placed properly and are idenical.  No version number appears in the tooltip.  

I will check back here for answers!