Legacy Rigging in D/S4 -- of figures :-)

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited August 2014 in Freebies

.pdf file being proof read ... hopefully will be launched tomorrow in my DA Gallery.

Starring this product Puppet

There is a major difference in the workflow for legacy rigging in D/S4 it being that it doesn't weld the joints! Minor detail for figures :-S

So with the mesh as one piece from Hexagon ... through to exporting out the .cr2 file. The example created for the tutorial also loaded fine in Carrara and Poser.

Post edited by patience55 on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

And here it is ... DA Link

Legacy_Rigging_in_DS4_promo.png
    733 x 942 - 192K
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,692
    edited August 2014

Ain't that convenient :D
    Exactly what I am looking for, awesome!

EDIT
    Just downloaded it and had a first peek at your PDF...wow, that must have taken some some :O

Post edited by Sylvan on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 792
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your many tutorials! :)

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited August 2014

someday i'll publish the auto-grouping tool i wrote/use, it groups faces in a dress .obj based on the groups in another .obj ( usually, Aiko3 )

this case is a bit special the grouping was based on the mcjA3Bodycon dress which has a special hip group

itslikethisbiggroup.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 196K
    Post edited by mCasual on
    edited December 1969

Casual said:
    someday i'll publish the auto-grouping tool i wrote/use, it groups faces in a dress .obj based on the groups in another .obj ( usually, Aiko3 )

this case is a bit special the grouping was based on the mcjA3Bodycon dress which has a special hip group

Sounds useful :-)

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Ain't that convenient :D
    Exactly what I am looking for, awesome!

EDIT
    Just downloaded it and had a first peek at your PDF...wow, that must have taken some some :O

Yup.

@ all, you're quite welcome.

• Mistress SaekoMistress Saeko Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

Casual said:

Sounds useful. Would save me a good amount of time making clothing. Because manually grouping a mesh is very tedious.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Patience. Now I think I should throw my laptop, Chihuahua, and a few clothes in a suitcase and hole up somewhere for a couple of weeks. Too many distractions here at home.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you very, very much!

edited August 2014

AtticAnne said:
    Thank you, Patience. Now I think I should throw my laptop, Chihuahua, and a few clothes in a suitcase and hole up somewhere for a couple of weeks. Too many distractions here at home.

You're welcome :-)

... with a Chihuahua? ... my little poodle pup was "most helpful" [or tried to be] in helping me select geometry for the shading domains lol ...
    have fun :-)

@ Kerya You're very, very welcome :-)

It's not as hard as it might seem at first glance ... save scene files ;-)

I rigged a chair today using D/S4.6 ... if one "hides" the surfaces on the Tool Settings page, one can lasso the area without selecting the hidden faces. This is kool. In Hexagon that would be very hit and miss [sometimes works sometimes doesn't].

Also, once I had the chair .obj exported out for the legacy rigging. And did the legacy rigging. With the same skeleton setup except switched it over to Triax, added the weight maps and presto! 2 figure props. One .cr2 and one .duf. Lot of work but very happy with the results. It is so neat what can be done in D/S.

edit to add: These are not all my work, this is a remake of some mesh being done with permission.

One_for_Each.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 526K
    Post edited by patience55 on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Thanks you released this just at the right moment for me...

edited December 1969

You're welcome. Hope it helps with your project.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

You're welcome. Hope it helps with your project.

I'm sure it will I'm trying to create a piece of clothing for one of Nursoda's characters.