Please, a noob needs help about dripping liquid *SOLVED*

tititlemottititlemot Posts: 61
edited August 2014 in New Users

Hi everyone,

I'd like to create dripping liquid such as dripping blood from a wound or maybe a dripping wet mascara. Is there any program or morph to do this? Or maybe I have to master an advance technique (using Photoshop or Corel Painter) perhaps? I saw this short tutorial http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/tutorials/otherapps/otherapps-misc11 but there's no picture.

Thank you for your kind attention. I appreciate every answer.

Regards,

king_of_kerb

Post edited by tititlemot on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited August 2014

You could look at this in the Store: http://www.daz3d.com/gore-dom-for-daz-studio It is probably the easiest to use.

It should also be possible with the LIE (Layered Image Editor), there may be some recent tuts on that.

There is also this, which uses the LIE as well.http://www.daz3d.com/lie-wound-makeup-artist

Here's a fairly recent one that I found on YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ONS2y7iqo

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • tititlemottititlemot Posts: 61
    edited August 2014

Ok. I got it for the wound. I'll check it out. What about the wet mascara? Can I apply it from the Gore-Dom as well?

Thnx JimmyC_2009

edited December 1969

It says on the Product Page:

You can select the surface, open it in the LIE and adjust color, transparency, position and any other normal LIE option.

It would just be a case of changing the colour for runny mascara, to black or dark blue instead of a red blood colour. The LIE is a very useful tool for changing parts of an image easily.

I have this shader myself, but I'm not sure if it is installed for DS4 yet. It should be easy enough to use, but if you need more help, I can give it a try for you?
    edited August 2014

It says on the Product Page:

You can select the surface, open it in the LIE and adjust color, transparency, position and any other normal LIE option.

It would just be a case of changing the colour for runny mascara, to black or dark blue instead of a red blood colour. The LIE is a very useful tool for changing parts of an image easily.

I have this shader myself, but I'm not sure if it is installed for DS4 yet. It should be easy enough to use, but if you need more help, I can give it a try for you?

I see. What about the LIE itself, should I install it first or it's already available in Daz Studio 4.6 Pro? Sorry for the silly question, I'm a noob.. :)

Oh, one more thing.. I saw Water Rigged for Daz, is it applicable too?

Thnx

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049
    edited December 1969

LIE is built in to DAZ Studio.

edited December 1969

LIE is built in to DAZ Studio.

Alright. Thnx Richard Haseltine

edited December 1969

The LIE comes as part of DS4.6 Pro, and you can find it in the Surfaces pane in the 'Diffuse' channel as one of the options in the drop-down menu, which is available by clicking on the little triangle at the side of the Diffuse tab.

Oh, one more thing.. I saw Water Rigged for Daz, is it applicable too?

There are plenty of examples on the Product Page to show you what this item can be used for. Click on the main image, and you can then move left and right through the image sequence.

These are 'prop' items, that can be used in a Scene. They are not really meant to be used on characters, but they could be used for pools of blood as well.
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the help, JimmyC_2009!

edited December 1969

My pleasure!

edited December 1969

I almost forget, can props such as coffee cups etc. be edited by LIE? I'd like to create runny coffee drip on the cup rim, is it possible to do the same thing like creating a runny mascara?

Thnx again :)

edited December 1969

LIE is used for editing texture files, so yes, as long as it has a texture applied to it. It doesn't need to be a 'rigged' figure like a character for example.

edited December 1969

Okay. I get it. Thank you very much