It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

did it twice on my laptop
    it is all the bloody Microsoft updates that are a pain
    GOOD Point! Letting MS update everything IS the worse part after a Clean install.
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,416
    edited December 1969

Agree, I hate it with a purple passion. Just when you think your down to the last 5-6 you install those and it gives you another 10 that need installed. It's a never ending process.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I told the techie to go ahead and do the reinstall. I remember crying for days when I was upgrading it from Vista to Windows 7 and I don't want to do that again. Sasha (7-yr old grandson) is itching to get on with a dragon battle scene. Hopefully I'll have it back before 8 tonight. They're giving me a $25 coupon which brings it to $150.

I'm going to have to have a garage sale next weekend or be really hungry.

Jeff, if I ever get a new battery for my car and it will make it to Alabama, I think I'm going to throw my tent in the trunk, load in my computers and my little dogs, and move into your backyard. LOL

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I told the techie to go ahead and do the reinstall. I remember crying for days when I was upgrading it from Vista to Windows 7 and I don't want to do that again. Sasha (7-yr old grandson) is itching to get on with a dragon battle scene. Hopefully I'll have it back before 8 tonight. They're giving me a $25 coupon which brings it to $150.

I'm going to have to have a garage sale next weekend or be really hungry.

Jeff, if I ever get a new battery for my car and it will make it to Alabama, I think I'm going to throw my tent in the trunk, load in my computers and my little dogs, and move into your backyard. LOL

Naw, bring the tent because I like camping, but I do have an extra bedroom. Your welcome to it. Just let me know before you leave. I'll need to get some of my stuff out of there first.

P.S. You and Cecil might clash at first. He's a hard Son of a ' to get along with till you get to know him.
    edited December 1969

I love going camping. Pitch a tent next to a lake. Kick back in a lawn chair, crack open a beer and have a fire going. Now that is heaven.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I used to love going camping with my kids when they were younger. We did one week where we spent each night at a different place. Last night of the holiday we spent at My Mums's place, having taken a week to get there (only 300 miles, but we went the pretty way)

Laughed when we got there, cos the boys wanted to pitch the tent in the back garden. Didn't want to finish the weeks camping by spending a night indoors.

edited August 2012

Frank you and I would fit just fine. Tent, check, Lake, check, Beer, check, Fire, Check, Any chair, check. You forgot Bug Spray and fishing pole. Bug's love the way I taste, and fish avoid my line but it's the thought that counts.

Oppisy, Pam can come, and Anne. Heck, who want's to go camping?

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

The fishing pole is a gimmy. The bug spray I always forget.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,876
    edited December 1969

camped every weekend by the Murray River as a kid
    Dad fishing nut.
    after he died mum and her sisters and brother would often camp there to drink.
    (and in one Auntie's case get her boyfriend away from his wife (he fished, had to for an alibi!))
    did a bit in my twenties with friends but now prefer my own warm bed with furry friends.
    like bonfires still though.

edited December 1969

That all sounds so wonderful. I always had a hard time finding people to do it my way. I'm pretty sure we pure survivalist are few and far between even here in the deep south. One big ol' knife and the clothes on your back is not most peoples idea of camping.

edited December 1969

I always bring food with us but prefer to catch our meals.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

DS4.5 happily installed, seems to work well, I've loaded up a few items that were slow in DS4 and they seem quicker in the window of DS4.5 so very happy with that so far.

Not tried a render, and there's one other thing I haven't tried which I need to, but might not get chance today because I'm working on websites, but just for info, does Auto-Fit now keep the morphs? I believe that was planned.

edited December 1969

Of course I'll be bringing my fishing pole. Better be careful issuing invitations, Jeff. You never can tell who all may show up. We could all rendevouz at your place and spend a week having an fantastic campout.

edited December 1969

DS4.5 happily installed, seems to work well, I've loaded up a few items that were slow in DS4 and they seem quicker in the window of DS4.5 so very happy with that so far.

Not tried a render, and there's one other thing I haven't tried which I need to, but might not get chance today because I'm working on websites, but just for info, does Auto-Fit now keep the morphs? I believe that was planned.

I believe I read in the RC3 forum that yes, it does keep the morphs, making lots of people happy.

edited August 2012

AtticAnne said:
    Of course I'll be bringing my fishing pole. Better be careful issuing invitations, Jeff. You never can tell who all may show up. We could all rendevouz at your place and spend a week having an fantastic campout.
    That would be fun. I do not get much company that is not a relative now days. Even Cecile's kin are more like kinfolk to me now. I'll supply all the bug spray, the skeeters are pretty bad this year.

@Barry: I've tested the new Autofit and I'm happy to say it does keep all the morphs in a item now.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Skeeters are bad here, too, and they're carrying the West Nile Virus. My age group is one of the most susceptible and I get bitten every time I go outside (keep forgetting the DEET). An old Scouter told me that eating Limburger cheese will keep mosquitoes from biting. I happen to love Limburger, but I can't find any in the stores here. Twenty years the supermarket carried it, but I guess with all the immigrants from California and Mexico, they quit stocking it.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Hey, if changing the diffuse color doesn't change the eyebrow color, what's the best way to change it?

edited December 1969

depends what else is in the eyebrow surface, ie ambient, specular, opacity etc and the texture map used if any.

edited December 1969

Barry!!!!!!!!!!!
    pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaase
    watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbOXMuwQlyE
    get it here http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=59&t=1050475&page=1&pp=15
    try it in Maya
    pretty please!
    it works for me in iClone but nothing else including Carrara, others are curious about it too and Roygee said it works in Maya apparently on the Hex forum http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6055/ ,
    if you have the tool!
    you can instantly rig AND model with it, would that be fun?
    and being a Maya user, can even show your face on cgsociety, just don't say you play with Daz dollies!

edited December 1969

Yay, my laptop's back. Have a lot of work to do to get it back like I want it, but I'm getting there.

The tech says for you to go to YouTube and search for "deepfriedectoplazm". He's got something like a college degree concentrating in Maya and says this is absolutely the best tutorial available.

edited December 1969

depends what else is in the eyebrow surface, ie ambient, specular, opacity etc and the texture map used if any.

If you have Sosie or Evolution Eve, you could see what's in it. I'm trying for indigo/blue.

edited December 1969

sorry, do not have either, I buy a lot of figures etc, not many characters and textures.

edited December 1969

Oh well...I'll fiddle with it. I haven't dpne any 3D for a while, so I'm a little rusty.

edited December 1969

where IS everyone!
    I just bought Steph5 pro bundle (still will have to download it all) the hairs and outfits impressed me!
    I ofcourse will prob do weird things with GenX creature morphs, Lycan and Gorilla and the poor girl!

edited December 1969

Barry!!!!!!!!!!!
    pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaase
    watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbOXMuwQlyE
    get it here http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=59&t=1050475&page=1&pp=15
    try it in Maya
    pretty please!
    it works for me in iClone but nothing else including Carrara, others are curious about it too and Roygee said it works in Maya apparently on the Hex forum http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6055/ ,
    if you have the tool!
    you can instantly rig AND model with it, would that be fun?
    and being a Maya user, can even show your face on cgsociety, just don't say you play with Daz dollies!

I watched the video and pretty much wet myself with excitement so thanks for bringing that to my attention :D

I've just downloaded the program, and hopefully will have some fun with that in just a few moments when I've finished posting this.

As for joining cgsociety, well, I DO play with Daz dollies, and if they don't like that then they can go subdivide themselves, the bunch of nurbs! I could lurk and learn I guess, but I don't want to contribute to any community that doesn't accept me for who I am. That is why I am comfy here!

Going to have a look at Rigmesh now :D

edited December 1969

Love that comment Barry. cgsociety do tend to be a tad software snobbish, to put it mildly.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Love that comment Barry. cgsociety do tend to be a tad software snobbish, to put it mildly.

I believe in using the tool that gets the job done! If I want to design a t-shirt with a vampire woman standing in a forest Daz Studio will be able to help me a damn site quicker than Maya will!
    edited December 1969

And at a much better price for most people as well. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

chohole said:

I don't know if the current generosity of Daz will continue indefinitely, obviously, but when you consider what you can currently get for free, you have absolutely everything you need to model, rig and render. I don't know what Hex offers in terms of 3D painting, but I believe there is some facility, and even if not you can get The Gimp for free.

Maya, ZBrush and Photoshop are wonderful tools (they're the ones I have, I know there are many others) but promise me that if I ever turn into any kind of software snob you'll come and clout me with that club of yours, you've got my address!

edited December 1969

chohole said:

I don't know if the current generosity of Daz will continue indefinitely, obviously, but when you consider what you can currently get for free, you have absolutely everything you need to model, rig and render. I don't know what Hex offers in terms of 3D painting, but I believe there is some facility, and even if not you can get The Gimp for free.

Maya, ZBrush and Photoshop are wonderful tools (they're the ones I have, I know there are many others) but promise me that if I ever turn into any kind of software snob you'll come and clout me with that club of yours, you've got my address!

Yup ok. Although I do normally avoid beating up friends.

This discussion has been closed.