What image are you most proud of? (all skill levels invited)

2»

Comments

• ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

This portrait of Romina

I fell in love with this character as soon as I saw her in the store, and I've spent the last few months refining materials and morphs. It's a little sad in that the only thing really left from Romina is the diffuse texture, and a partial dial of her morph, but I've really tried to push her as far into realism as I can. I'm not finished yet, but I don't forsee any 'leaps-and-bounds' changes left to do, just minor stuff.

I've pulled apart several characters' textures and mulled over settings for hours on end, even blended some maps together to gain certain features without losing others. While I didn't make the maps, the surface settings are mine, and she's customized to the point that I feel like I've made her my own (sorry Mousso lol).

There's a folder in my gallery if you want to check out more - I've done quite a few renders of her so far.

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

This is one i'm really proud of it - "Getting out" rendered with my old 1060gtx and took about 6 hours surprise

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

And still loving this from 2019 "Morning prayer"

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

Wow ! Fabulous images, great job everyone smiley

• jimreadjimread Posts: 39
    Novica said:

The original is much better but unfortunately it is no longer available due to an external hard drive error. This is Helena and I like the photo-realism. 

Hello Novica,

This is very well done indeed I like the off camera stare as though it's a street pic, taken very quickly.

I like to use photographs and montage figures into them. It's so difficult to find a proper model, and then try to get the the right day, with the right weather and the right location, mostly impossible!!

Cheers - J

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Not really the render I'm most proud of, but it gave me the DAZ related moment I'm most proud of when it was featured in one of DAZ's gallery highlight reels that they used to do. It was still during my first year using DAZ studio, so it was really a big thing for me to see my render among all the other (much more) talented artists' creations.

The Usual Suspects

• This was my first attempt at a "proper" render, unfortunatley I ended up stopping it half way through but even so, I really like how it turned out. I've only been using DS for a couple of days so still lots to learn but loving the process! 

Failed render.png
    1800 x 1800 - 6M
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

Thank you! It took a while, that's for sure. That project had 3 illos that went across a 2-page spread. This was one of them.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited October 2020

Done 9 and a bit years ago, one of what I consider to be decent images using Reality/LuxRender back when the DoF handling was shonky ,,,

Using 3Delight and, as often happens, inpspied by LlolaLane in one of her monthly challenges:

d3f78i6-32a5f55d-ad43-4289-a3be-4c24fb83aa0d.jpg
    706 x 624 - 288K
    Post edited by SimonJM on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,456

I'm always striving for a bit of storytelling.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2020

...couple more that I kind of like...

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • I started with DAZ a couple few years ago (version two I think) so I have several thousand renders I've done over the years, most are pretty bad, but I do have a few (just over a dozen) that I like most of all. So I have a question, how many is to many to post? I'll start with just this first single image. Personally I think it's the best of all I've done. I was trying to recreate a scene from a story that I'd read. This image was used as an entry in a contest, but didn't even get an honorable mention. It was also posted in the gallery here, if it ever comes back.

Anyway, maybe you'll like it, but since I can't figure out how add the image to the post, you'll have to download the enclosed file.

01 - ginny in the pond.jpg
    1300 x 2000 - 993K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,249
    edited November 2020

I really like this one. It's been a long road for me, being a full time stone worker trying to force time to learn hair and cloth simulations, lighting and rendering techniques and then also the whole craft of making movies of pure CG. 

Rosie 5 has been my center this year. I've made ground-breaking success with her hair, even though most of the simulation I've shown so far are done in very low quality mode simply due to time constraints. But she's always there to help me progress just a little further!

I have more of the story in My Art Studio Thread

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited November 2020

Not actually an image, just a small section of one. I wanted a frame for a painting of hell and, finding nothing suitable decided to make my own. You remember the scene in The Devil's Advocate, in Al Pacino's office (?), where the carving/painting briefly comes to life ? That was in my mind. I decided to make just a corner of the frame out of individually posed figures. It took ages and I'm surprised that I stuck with it.

There  was (still is - http://www.schlabber.org/ ) a Poser freebie website with the tagline "Posing Is An Art". That's how I felt when I was finished.
    I should also mention a brief freebie guide to posing that I found on Adam Thwaites site many, many years ago. The bit I'll never forget was along these lines - if, for example, you're posing a figure who's balanced on two feet, then once you've finished, turn on IK (is it called that in Studio too?) and move the hip downwards slightly to add weight to the pose...

I'm not posting the full size image inline as I usually do because I think it works best if you see it as a thumbnail first (If you can't work out what you're seeing in the thumbnail - there's a hand at bottom right that's just pulled the corner of a cloth that was covering the top left of the painting (which is just black in this render)

Frame.jpg
    715 x 770 - 133K
    Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

So I have a question, how many is to many to post?

You can post more if you want to, don't go overboard. It's more to force you to think about what images you really deem worthy :)

Again, cool renders everyone! Lovely work.

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364
    edited November 2020

I really like this one. It's been a long road for me, being a full time stone worker trying to force time to learn hair and cloth simulations, lighting and rendering techniques and then also the whole craft of making movies of pure CG. 

Rosie 5 has been my center this year. I've made ground-breaking success with her hair, even though most of the simulation I've shown so far are done in very low quality mode simply due to time constraints. But she's always there to help me progress just a little further!

I have more of the story in My Art Studio Thread

You did really good on her! The hair and face go good together 

I got a lightning maker and wanted to test it and it's really cool so far. I wanted it to be set at night yet the characters still visible so I added spotlights 

Lightning Test 1 Resized.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by BandoriFan on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

One of my favorites

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited November 2020

The two images I'm the most proud of aren't suitable for the forums, but I have to admit I still love the fact I was able to create the following three images. They are still among my favorites.

Miss Evillette (Promo image for the Kadis armor)

A Touch of... (named such because she's a mixture of several characters)

Parker on the Hunt (still one of my favorite male figures for sale here: Parker)

MissEvilette.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    A_Touch_of.jpg
    1024 x 1448 - 335K
    Parker_on_the_Hunt.jpg
    1024 x 1657 - 138K
    Post edited by Knittingmommy on