What image are you most proud of? (all skill levels invited)

PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Hi everyone,

I love see people's work and what they do with DAZ studio articles, so what is the picture you are most proud of? And feel free to share why. All skill levels invited :)

Comments

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,763

Always my next one

But this one I really like how it came out. It is hard to work with a known character, and even harder to turn one that is mostly drawn into something 3d, and translate its personality into a single static piece. But I feel I achieved that here to a certain degree.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,116
    edited October 2020

I'm one of those people who is never really happy with their renders because I didn't texture it myself or created the morph from scratch. But if I had to pick, I would go with this recent Dain/Ashan mix because it looks like a store promo. 

I think I tried this combo because people were saying that Scar 8 looked like a mix of Dain and Ashan, but this guy doesn't look like Scar, especially with how I set up the whole scene. XD

Post edited by MimicMolly on
  • thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited October 2020

Currently this one:

It is an evolution of an image theme that I have been working on for years. Based on my D&D times and I think that this one brings the feel and story that I had in mind to life quite nicely.

Ciao

TD

Evening at the Inn 2.jpg
    3000 x 1688 - 1M
    Post edited by thd777 on
  • Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611
    thd777 said:

Currently this one:

It is an evolution of an image theme that I have been working on for years. Based on my D&D times and I think that this one brings the feel and story that I had in mind to live quite nicely.

Ciao

TD

This is still insane!!! Awesome!heart

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364
    edited October 2020

Aww just one? 

I really love this stage set and you can do so much with them with shaders (it comes with many great ones) and lighting. I really like how I was able to set the simulation settings to simulate the illusion of tulle decently to give the dress some structure. One thing I did was slightly reduce dynamic strength

So most of the stuff I'm proud of has to do with simulation settings and lighting 

Runway 7 resized.png
    1800 x 2340 - 7M
    Post edited by BandoriFan on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,156

I'm one of those people who is never really happy with their renders because I didn't texture it myself or created the morph from scratch. But if I had to pick, I would go with this recent Dain/Ashan mix because it looks like a store promo. 

I think I tried this combo because people were saying that Scar 8 looked like a mix of Dain and Ashan, but this guy doesn't look like Scar, especially with how I set up the whole scene. XD

Dang... He is hot!devil

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,344
    edited October 2020

This one  which is based on the historic photograph of the first fllight at Kitty Hawk, NC: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/Wright_First_Flight_1903Dec17_(full_restore_115).jpg

First Flight 9P.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 837K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120

10 years old but I think this is my all time favorite.

d33zczc-2500cbe4-9dab-42ad-976c-3d20191743b1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,156
    edited October 2020

Not many images i've done i felt impressed me . But i do have a few animations I am pretty proud of frown

Post edited by Ivy on
  • People seem to like this one.

It is loosely inspired by a book I was reading at the time called Bone Criers Moon, by Kathryn Purdie.

It turned out pretty good, for the amount of kitbashing I did.

JD

StoneBridge04_SM.jpg
    4800 x 2700 - 4M
  • no noseno nose Posts: 300

There's a few that I would say I'm pretty proud with, but I think this one takes the cake for me. It was one of the first fifty renders that I came up with. Using Gen 3 and some freebies. I tried looking for it recently but haven't had much luck, same with trying to replicate it.

46th shot (A).png
    700 x 525 - 170K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited October 2020

Well, it's sort of dependent on my mood at any particular point in time, but for today, I like this one because it conveys the nursery rhyme so well in one frame. I also like the shadows the clouds are casting on the grass, which I was actually not trying for but when it showed up I knew well enough to quit messing with the clouds and the lighting. Now that we have SBH I think I should reattempt making this render with a bit of SBH to see if I can get that fur coloration on those animals. The toonimal puppy I'd make larger and further down the fence line a bit too. The moon needs to be much lighter blue.

Hey Diddle Diddle

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited October 2020

The original is much better but unfortunately it is no longer available due to an external hard drive error. This is Helena and I like the photo-realism. 

Helena.jpg
    885 x 1131 - 569K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050

Though it's an old render I quite like this one:

It took forever to get the kimono to drape roughly the way I wanted it (it's optitex dynamic clothes), and I'm quite happy with the end result.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,245

ive never made a good image

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Leana said:

Though it's an old render I quite like this one:

It took forever to get the kimono to drape roughly the way I wanted it (it's optitex dynamic clothes), and I'm quite happy with the end result.

Lovely!!

lilweep said:

I often feel like the monkey at the typewriter, render a billion images and eventually something good comes out:)

Here's one, I can't say I'm proud of it but I don't find it particularly embarassing:)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

I'm rather pleased with the kitbashing on this one. But I'm more likely to be proud of completed projects rather than individual renders.

This is the finished illustration, in its setting of half of the 2-page spread of one of my publictions projects.

Kitbash.jpg
    799 x 1232 - 356K
  • These two seemed to be the most popular over here. But honestly, I'm never truly happy with any of my renders. In my opinion they're just good enough.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

I love images that have strong shadows.  I really enjoy the play of dark and light in this image.

davin-fairy-noir_full.png
    1236 x 2000 - 1M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

lilweep said:

Good is something which makes you smile :)  so hopefully you really have done a good image. Just enjoy!

• The image I'm most proud of is not really a DAZ Studio image, it's from last year but it could probably be done in DS now. I used DS to pose the figures, then exported them as obj's and loaded them into a scene created in FlowScape:

Figures in a landscape is what I have always wanted to create. As UltraScenery is getting bigger, better & more capable, it's taking away the necessity for FlowScape, but it would be good if the landscape painting capability was possible in DS.

Regards,

Richard.

• ProtozoonProtozoon Posts: 550

I made this for the galleries about a year ago. It pushed the 1080 to its limits :)

gladiatrix_by_protozoon75_ddl79um-pre.jpg
    1192 x 670 - 89K
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I have several images I am satisfied with, below is three of them. One a close up portrait from a bigger scene, one is part of my Keller serie and the last is a image I did for the pc+ monthly contest last month (the theme was too late for something). I admit I am unable to choose only one, sorry for that :) 

Akeela - Hoth job close up

Keller Fubar Mission part 1

A village ravaged

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653
    edited October 2020

This one has to be my favorite so far this year!

And Aqua Danced.png
    1500 x 1875 - 5M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • junkjunk Posts: 1,240

So many fantastic images and I remember many of them when they were released into the gallery.

Space Crimes - First Scene Created

I just took a look back on memory lane and this one from three years ago is high on the list.  It was the first time I was really excited about a render and the possibilities of Daz.  It was also the first time I edited in the free program called Snapseed, by Google, and freely available on Android, iOS and Chrome Books.  What was cool is that by using my finger, I was able to brighten up the flashlights light portion.  The un-rendered dots became like water particles in the air and was just a happy accident.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

All these images are stunning!

I wish I could comment on each and every one, but just saying how amazing and creative you all are!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I've enjoyed them too. Even though I check out the galleries often I often miss many gallery entries. Also it's very interesting to see if your p;ersonal favorite thast you made is the same as your most liked by others that you made or is the same as my favorite that you made.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

I'll admit to being quite pleased with this one as well. Possibly because I was able to get all of the characters into the file and render it. 

The finished illustration in the actual project was run through an analog art filter to give it a more painterly look.

I was very pleased with a lot of the illos in this particular project.

Wendy's.jpg
    791 x 593 - 269K
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Lovely picture JOdel, must have been a lot of work to pose all the figures!