File Size

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello, I suggest that you at daz show the file sizes of products in your store, I have just bought a product that I surely have not bought if I had known the file size before. 3 GB are much to big for just 6 images for backrounds. thanks good it was just 2$. Who needs HR images for backrounds that normaly are unsharp if you use the right camera values of focal distant.

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,767
    edited December 1969

3GB? Which product is that?

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited July 2014

Taozen said:

sorry 2GB but after installation I guess it is over 4GB

http://www.daz3d.com/hdr-prosets-yosemite-pack-one

well I am just downloading it, it looks good in the promos but I do not know if it is necessary to create such a huge file? lets wait and see.

thanks god that right now it is around 2$ in the shop. (if it is not what I expect to get)

Post edited by cosmo71 on
  • cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

around 2GB for the ds files, if you want all? I haven`t looked at the CA und PS file sizes

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,714
    edited December 1969

While I do understand your main point, the Yosemite sets aren't just background images but are also HDR images for use as lighting maps - and HDR maps do tend to be quite large. There are also multiple versions as the different applications have different requirements (and at the time the set was released DS was being very inefficient in demanding .tiff files).

• NEONnycNEONnyc Posts: 14
    edited July 2014

At one time the file size was always shown on the product page. Now, I often assume the worst and do not buy a product because I believe it MAY be too big to be worth the resources hassle to use it.

(wow - 7 posts and a NEW member, really? I guess my 10 years worth of comments and membership went down the drain. Not unlike my sales.)

Post edited by NEONnyc on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944
    edited December 1969

the new forum started at zero
    some of us just yakked a lot after!!

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,767
    edited July 2014

cosmo71 said:
    Taozen said:

sorry 2GB but after installation I guess it is over 4GB

http://www.daz3d.com/hdr-prosets-yosemite-pack-one

I bought that one a while ago but haven't checked it out yet. Just downloaded the Poser version and opened 3 HDR files in PhotoShop CS6. The files themselves were a total of about 350 GB but loaded into PS they used about 1.5 GB RAM. Wonder why that is, and how much RAM they'll use in DS or Poser.

Post edited by Taoz on