How to Edit High Res Morphs on G8 Figures

I know we can only edit basic mesh resolution models by Zbrush of a daz model. If I want to edit high resolution morphs like small wrinkles on figures, do I have any method?

Or if I want to edit the figures with dynamic mesh in Zbrush and goz back to Daz?

I can learn, but I don't know if there is such method.

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

No.

You can create your own and then create normal, bump and/or displacement maps.

You can import the figure as an obj in the pose you want back into Studio and then copy accross materials.

You can use Blender and transfer using (IMO the best) Diffeomorphic plugin, which you then might get to work with the HD morphs you created.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

Only Daz PAs have the tools needed to create HD morphs for DS.

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520
    Leana said:

If I may Voice my opinion...

Every time I hear or read this statement, I feel the need to review all those things I learned in Anger Management,  really!

I and others paid good money for Daz Studio Pro back ing the day, and paid even more good money for the Content Creation Tools bundle.  

How has DAZ rewarded those loyal customers,  they gave that software and all those tool for FREE.  I'm not a PA,  I don't create freebees, I don't even post any od my stuff.

And here's my opion, All those fancy "PA only Tools" should be available for FREE to those that paid for the Content Creation Tools.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    ProPose said:
    Leana said:

Every time I hear or read this statement, I feel the need to review all those things I learned in Anger Management,  really!

I and others paid good money for Daz Studio Pro back ing the day, and paid even more good money for the Content Creation Tools bundle.  

How has DAZ rewarded those loyal customers,  they gave that software and all those tool for FREE.  I'm not a PA,  I don't create freebees, I don't even post any od my stuff.

And here's my opion, All those fancy "PA only Tools" should be available for FREE to those that paid for the Content Creation Tools.

Why?

Why should Daz supply all it's tools for everyone? It's a busy that sells content; to help sell content it reserves some tools for its own use (obviously its own use can also be supplying them to those it deems suitable).

Daz decided to make Studio free; now I can appreciate being angry after buying Pro just before it was released for free. However, their choice, and you've had all those updates for free since.

I don't know when the HD tool was created, and don't know when those tools were sold. However, as a business, Daz is perfectly within its right to sell some or all of them.

I have no sympathy really; Daz will do what it feels will best support its business.

It release the ability to create Dforce cloth for free; have you seen how many products Renderosity sell relating to Dforce (not to mention all the freebies); that is only possible because Daz released it to everyone. All that lost revenue. Now I'm glad they did, but would have understood if they hadn't.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,015
    edited October 2020

Well there's nothing magical about creating the best mesh suitable for dForce and everybody would require the plugin in order to make anything drape so having it part of the package for D/S makes sense.

Those that purchased D/S back in the day, also had the opportunity to receive a hefty content package as recompensement so all parties could be happy.

Hard to find info about that mysterious HD plugin for PAs however there was a notation by one "once upon a time" that it was expensive and not up to um, general users' standards for ease of use. Hope that all came across as politically correct.

One can use HD mesh in various modelers to create normals, etc. which can be used on the figures back in D/S.

Who knows, maybe G9 will come out super high defn in the fetal position and we can all have fun with that ;-) [jk]

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • nicstt said:
    ProPose said:
    Leana said:

Why?

Why should Daz supply all it's tools for everyone? It's a busy that sells content; to help sell content it reserves some tools for its own use (obviously its own use can also be supplying them to those it deems suitable).

Daz decided to make Studio free; now I can appreciate being angry after buying Pro just before it was released for free. However, their choice, and you've had all those updates for free since.

I don't know when the HD tool was created, and don't know when those tools were sold. However, as a business, Daz is perfectly within its right to sell some or all of them.

I have no sympathy really; Daz will do what it feels will best support its business.

It release the ability to create Dforce cloth for free; have you seen how many products Renderosity sell relating to Dforce (not to mention all the freebies); that is only possible because Daz released it to everyone. All that lost revenue. Now I'm glad they did, but would have understood if they hadn't.

With the new tools on the market, who knows, not to go bankrupt?