Night & Day City - Product Promo [Commercial]

124»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225
    saadM said:
    PhilW said:

Funny you should ask that - the current product can only be used in Carrara and it needs the free Instance Randomizer plugin by Sparrowhawke to function properly.

However I am currently working on a version for Daz Studio, so watch this space!

Thanks for working on a Daz3d version :)

+1!!!

edited March 2019
    Cbird said:

Thank you, Dart. With products disappearing from the store without warning, I've realized I haven't kept images and readmes that would be so useful to have.

I have nightmares that they will change up the forums again someday, and these threads will disappear too with so much info. I've been wondering if a ginormus google doc or some such thing we could all access would be a good place to dump copies, but I have no idea how to set up such a thing or what platform would be best. Hopefully Daz won't ever change things.

I'm working on my website when I can, which further explains part of my absence. So little time.

It's not 'live' yet. I own the dot com for dartanbeck, which is where it'll be when I get it to a state worth publishing. A lot of information I've previously written here, but updated to make more sense now that I've learned a lot more. It also emphasizes the importance (and awesomness) of this forum with links to here quite often within the site.

It's a strong Carrara-centric site even though I'll also be covering Howler and various VFX and Editing software as it pertains to context - so it's kind of a complete Carrara filmmaker's diary.

I have a wonderful personal demo reel in the works. I need a new PC to make it, but I'm still constantly working on it in the background as I save up. Or Try to save up, I should say. I keep getting so far, then a family catastrophy comes along and wipes the slate clean again. Argh! 

Should be a pretty fun interactive Carrara playground when it's launched though. Rosie and I will finally showcase something new on the screen. :)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited March 2019

Oh, and it'll also demonstrate how I use Daz Studio in my workflow. Something I think I've mostly only hinted at so far.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083
    Cbird said:

Thank you, Dart....

I'm working on my website when I can, which further explains part of my absence. So little time.

It's not 'live' yet....

Looking forward to your website.  Wishing you the best for it!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited March 2019

Maybe I'll finally be able to use DS for more than just a figure optimizer/creator, aniBlock manipulator, and morph plugin!

Are you going to go in-depth like you did in your Carrara releases?

It depends what you mean by "in-depth". It won't be the quite same as the Carrara release as there isn't an equivalent to the Instance Randomizer plugin. So I have included the ability to turn on and off parts of buildings manually and change color sets on them. It will include both day and night sets (which with the Iray rendering looks great!) and there will be some preset blocks and scenes as well as the individual buildings and other props. I will position it as a modular city-building set. Does that answer the question?

Post edited by PhilW on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Ooh, a new Dart website, that will be something to look forward to!

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493

Sounds like the website will be a great playground!!

PhilW said:

Maybe I'll finally be able to use DS for more than just a figure optimizer/creator, aniBlock manipulator, and morph plugin!

Are you going to go in-depth like you did in your Carrara releases?

It depends what you mean by "in-depth". It won't be the quite same as the Carrara release as there isn't an equivalent to the Instance Randomizer plugin. So I have included the ability to turn on and off parts of buildings manually and change color sets on them. It will include both day and night sets (which with the Iray rendering looks great!) and there will be some preset blocks and scenes as well as the individual buildings and other props. I will position it as a modular city-building set. Does that answer the question?

Ooops... I thought I was still in the thread about your tutorial videos! LOL

Still... Night and Day City for DS will be waaay awesome as well!

Cbird said:

Thank you, Dart....

It's not 'live' yet....

Looking forward to your website.  Wishing you the best for it!

PhilW said:

Ooh, a new Dart website, that will be something to look forward to!

Cbird said:

Sounds like the website will be a great playground!!

Thanks! It's pretty cool already, even though I still have major work to finish before I can set it to 'Live', but that will still happen fairly soon, I hope. I need my new machine first, so I can render out everything I need for the lessons, walk-throughs, and demonstrations, etc.,

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

RE: adapting products for Studio.  I think Howie Farkes hashad quite a bit of success doing this.  I'm sure some of Phil's other sets, such as the villages, would do nicely as well.  With Howies instances tool, Dart should be able to adapt his environments.  It would be one way to get Dart's store back up and running, and maybe make his Carrara products available again.

• ChrisSerketChrisSerket Posts: 202

Hello, a query, I am having a problem with the DAZ IDM, since I am using a trial version of carrara 8.5.
    But I still bought this because jsuto is what I needed to get out of a big fix.
    My question is, what is the exact directory where I should install this on my computer?

PS: I'm sorry for bad English, but I speak Spanish and now I'm using google translator.