No Barbarian Hunks in G-strings?

Considering the thousands of product images designed to show off females physical attributes, why is there no image of the barbarian hunk in the g-string?  Huh? https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-deadlands-wear-for-genesis-8-males

Comments

• Weird, I missed that one. It is mine now however!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

is there a way to make the rams head transparent? It looks cool, but would also like to use it without the giant head

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

is there a way to make the rams head transparent? It looks cool, but would also like to use it without the giant head

They should make the 600 pound rams head into a nice hat for him.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,165

Honestly, it's a little out of character for Soto not to show a render like that.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    Why do PAs keep copying each other? I cannot stand those flaps being so long and it's like that on virtually every loincloth out there. Especially on this one, do you know what the front flap looks like? And the rear? Otherwise I kind of like it as a fantasy piece but long flaps is a no sale.
  • Of course, there are renders showing the shorter, frayed loincloth option...

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess, as I did when I first saw the item, that either DAZ chose not to include thong and short loincloth renders on the figure, or Soto assumed they would choose not to include them.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,773
    edited September 2020

I'm a little bit (but only a little bit) embarassed to admit that I have the Vinnuth Armour on my wishlist partly (ok, mainly) because that string looks really good... angel Soto's looks pretty neat, too.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • Daz3d doesn't allow us to show butt cheeks any more.  Any g string item has to be rendered without a character in it, if they allow its inclusion at all. 

In the same set of changes, pasties aren't allowed any more at all - all bra items must be connected in front or at the sides/back.

Longer loincloths make it easier to show renders without showing the character's underwear or genitals.  This is important particularly when we're not allowed to show g strings with butt cheeks, as previously mentioned.  Some people like them better in terms of style, too.  I can go either way on length (as my product history will show), but it's just very hard to do promos of a short loincloth that both shows movement features and doesn't show any forbidden bits.  I used to handle this by doing a full crotch section on the loincloth itself, but no one else was doing that and it makes them almost impossible to convert between generations with all their extra bones, so I switched to the loincloth + panty option myself.

I have to say I don't understand this Victorian morality.  How about putting spandex yoga pants on him, then the g-string, so we can get an idea of what the product looks like on the character without showing any skin.

• Fauvist said:

I have to say I don't understand this Victorian morality.  How about putting spandex yoga pants on him, then the g-string, so we can get an idea of what the product looks like on the character without showing any skin.

Not sure if it would fly with whoever reviews the product. I recall trying to show the prosthetic in this promo by simply using a clay render of a character. Even that wasn't okay, so I was instructed to have the character wear boxers (even the briefs in the starter essentials were not approved unless I used the boxer version). So in my experience, I find it harder to show male characters' skins than females.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458

Yeah, big skulls are a big turn-off for me too - it's not a cliche I want, so avoid products that look like they have skulls in weird places...  Got no problem with dangling skulls as trophies, but when it makes integral part of armour then I'm already looking at kitbash options.

edited September 2020

Ah, I see the shorter options...

Post edited by Chohole on

Oh, I forgot to say (and I can't get the edit post to work at the moment)  this isn't a skull but an ornate loin guard styled in the form of a ram's head i.e. not an actual bone skull - and it appears to offer actual protection to the loins, so this is a stand-out piece of fantasy armour.

Maybe the hero wearing it is an Aries or a Capricorn, hehehe.

Yes, you can make invisible in the surfaces tab and you get this (sorry, in middle of other project so can't render right now)

no skull.png
    394 x 793 - 273K
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    Gordig said:

Daz3d doesn't allow us to show butt cheeks any more.  Any g string item has to be rendered without a character in it, if they allow its inclusion at all. 

In the same set of changes, pasties aren't allowed any more at all - all bra items must be connected in front or at the sides/back.

Longer loincloths make it easier to show renders without showing the character's underwear or genitals.  This is important particularly when we're not allowed to show g strings with butt cheeks, as previously mentioned.  Some people like them better in terms of style, too.  I can go either way on length (as my product history will show), but it's just very hard to do promos of a short loincloth that both shows movement features and doesn't show any forbidden bits.  I used to handle this by doing a full crotch section on the loincloth itself, but no one else was doing that and it makes them almost impossible to convert between generations with all their extra bones, so I switched to the loincloth + panty option myself.

surprise Wow... For someone growing up in Germany and the liberal times of the 1970's/early 1980's this change of morals is not really comprehendable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Church_of_Jesus_Christ_of_Latter-day_Saints_in_Germany

German population: 83 millions -  members of Church of JCoLdS in Germany: 39k - probable political or nationwide culture influence: zero

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,165
    Gordig said:

Daz3d doesn't allow us to show butt cheeks any more.  Any g string item has to be rendered without a character in it, if they allow its inclusion at all. 

surprise Wow... For someone growing up in Germany and the liberal times of the 1970's/early 1980's this change of morals is not really comprehendable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Church_of_Jesus_Christ_of_Latter-day_Saints_in_Germany

German population: 83 millions -  members of Church of JCoLdS in Germany: 39k - probable political or nationwide culture influence: zero

Exactly. 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

surprise

Why is no "facepalm" smiley available here?

• Soto got around this, by layering the underewear in his Maxx promo the last time.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,032
    edited September 2020
    Didn't realize he had a sack rack. Just assumed he was free ballin' under there. ;)
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    edited September 2020
    To answer the OP, we don't deserve to see Barbarian hunks in g-strings, unless we make our own renders.
    Post edited by MimicMolly on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,262

Is it okay to mention https://www.daz3d.com/servant-of-the-yellow-king-outfit-for-bullwarg-hd-and-genesis-8-male if you set cutoff opacity for the fringe to zero!  It is both cheeky and thongy!

• Thanks for the rec Nemesis10! I am suprised at how cheeky and thongy that is. hence I'm buying it!

• does work for Warhammer/Warhammer 40,000 renders Chaos and Skaven (Skaven are giant ratmen) maybe Ogres and Orks

• lot of my barbarians barely wear anything either in the tradition of Conan and Tarzan

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited September 2020

We are not allowed to show buttocks either on male or female characters.

I did not copied anyone, loincloths are common in fantasy. I actually tried to stay away from the wider and knee-length versions which are more common. But being a loincloth there's not much around the cloth part.

Promos show how the cloth looks in front, back, sides and the different length material options. It also has length morphs and can be combined with the length material presets for different looks, including an almost no fabric. Or you can get rid of the main hanging cloths completely with the Geometry Editor Tool to show the thong or other desired under piece (see last image).

You can turn the ram head invisible. But the front cloth shape is tangled over the ram and the fur shape is dependant on that cloth section. You could just push the fabric back with a Dformer if you really want to hide the ram only. Or hide the fur and that section of the front cloth.

2020-09-29 03_26_59-DAZ Studio 4.12 Pro Publishing Build.jpg
    1085 x 678 - 88K
    Post edited by Soto on

Well I'll just buy it and try the thong part by itself and if it doesn't look the way I think it should look, I'll return the product.  For 70 years the world (including my great-grandparents) has been looking at the ultra-famous Coppertone Suntan Lotion ad on thousands of billboards and millions of magazine pages, and posters in every pharmacy and department store in the Western World.  And in 2020 we can't see the behind of a 3D frog.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,262
    Fauvist said:

Well I'll just buy it and try the thong part by itself and if it doesn't look the way I think it should look, I'll return the product.  For 70 years the world (including my great-grandparents) has been looking at the ultra-famous Coppertone Suntan Lotion ad on thousands of billboards and millions of magazine pages, and posters in every pharmacy and department store in the Western World.  And in 2020 we can't see the behind of a 3D frog.

Don't sweat it.  My sister worked for two major museums in San Francisco and Los Angeles (SFMOMA and MOCA) which were chock full of depictions of nudes of all sorts but the museums were awfully jumpy about museum patrons strolling around nude!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

+1

for Hunks in G-strings?   Frazetta stylesheart

• Fauvist said:

Considering the thousands of product images designed to show off females physical attributes, why is there no image of the barbarian hunk in the g-string?  Huh? https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-deadlands-wear-for-genesis-8-males

I had an amusing moment with this image. I showed it to my youngest daughter (20yo) and she had the look that perfectly sums up the saying "That which has been seen cannot be unseen, however much you might want to."

Regards,

Richard.

• I'd post some here but think I'd get into trouble, do in the galleries