Is it just me or does the DAZ 2.0 Blender bridge seem Unusable?

DSGN OverlordDSGN Overlord Posts: 30
edited September 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion

I just downloaded the latest update to DAZ Bridge. I don't know what the developers had in mind when updating, but this seemingly dreamy Script/addon is a nightmare. I loaded a character I own with minimal clothing and Valeria Hair. I chose sub div 0 and checked EXPORT minimal morphs. It took about 5 minutes to get the file ready.... Holy Cow 800MB FBX????? WTH

The import took about 10 minutes Then I typed in the command area #clear morph, to see if it would optimize the character and it did something.....not sure what.... But let's put it this way. My Vram is Clocking at 8.9GB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Rig is an intel 7 4960.

Two video cards a 1080ti and a 970 GTX

32 GB RAM

This should not be happening. So unless I am missing something this bridge is a waste of time (for now hopefully). Can anyone point to a cause for why the models come in so large and slow even at subdiv 0? Why do the models have such tremendous overhead when bringing them in? What's the point of using this beyond morphs, something I can do in Zbrush quickly?

Someone tell me please @_@

How is this realistic?

**EDIT

I just tried it without the hair and it is significantly lower in size but still sluggish as heck. Eating up 4GB Vram... this is rediculous. This is not something you can use in animations.Maybe it's the size of the textures? For the record I am using Blender 2.83.6 and 2.9 same UX.

Post edited by DSGN Overlord on

Comments

• I had issues with it too.

• My issue is that it cannot import the character's pose as it imports as an A pose only, the previous version had no problem with importing the pose, but even though I backed up the previous version, looks like I'm sticking with Diffomorphic...

• i'm getting wrongly rotated objects  when i import

from this:

to this:

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I haven't downloaded the DAZ bridge and on this evidence I see no point in doing so. When a scene comes out like that - not only wrong rotations but wrong placements and sizes ... just poor. Not worth the effort.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I tried just to see when first released; I tried some blend files; they were wrong scale and location so haven't bothered since.

I bought the mitchy plugin but preferred Deffeo; the Mitchy plugin worked better then than it appears to now.

I love the fact there is a plugin, but am disappointed that folks are having issues.

• if all are using diffeo-whatever is named instead ds bridge is a clear evidence of something is going wrong.