Morphs are not saving in 4.12

Saving morphs, perhaps its the 3rd party morphs, but none-the-less, when I save a file with morphs on the figure, close the app (4.12), then re-open, the morphs are not applied any more.

So I try the same situation with 4.11 and they save as I would expect.

Is this a known bug?

Comments

• Are you saving scene subsets, scenes, character or shaping presets?

Morphs are not normally applied to the default figure unless the morph was made incorrectly.

• It's a known and incredibly problematic bug. Use the version where morphs work for you until Daz gets another update. Apparently, the bug has been fixed in the private beta, but we don't have access to that.

• I'm having a similar issue, but it only applies to animation - the frame that I save the scene on keeps the morph I applied (usually a facial expression), but all other frames are dropped.

> Use the version where morphs work for you until Daz gets another update.

As far as I know, Daz don't make older versions available for rolling back, do they?

• I'm having a similar issue, but it only applies to animation - the frame that I save the scene on keeps the morph I applied (usually a facial expression), but all other frames are dropped.

> Use the version where morphs work for you until Daz gets another update.

As far as I know, Daz don't make older versions available for rolling back, do they?

A preset will save all frames, as a workaround, but you can also use a ticket to ask support for an older version of DS that doesn't have the bug.

• Thank you for the replies!!

Ahh, good to know its a bug that will hopefully be fixed soon. I was afraid it might because it was 3rd party morphs.

What do you mean by preset? Is that saving a each morph, or pose? Saving an pose animation?

Ahh, good to know its a bug that will hopefully be fixed soon. I was afraid it might because it was 3rd party morphs.

What do you mean by preset? Is that saving a each morph, or pose? Saving an pose animation?

Save a Pose preset and/or a Shaping preset or a Properties Preset with both shaping and posing for each figure/prop, then apply that on reloading the scene.

Save a Pose preset and/or a Shaping preset or a Properties Preset with both shaping and posing for each figure/prop, then apply that on reloading the scene.

Thanks for that. Quite intensive on a long animation with multiple poses and shapings.

I've decided going back a version to not have to do that. 4.11 morphs save through. Hope they get this bug fixed soon.

• Thanks for that. Quite intensive on a long animation with multiple poses and shapings.

Yeah, I hope the fix is released soon.  For now, what I've been doing is creating a temporary puppeteer layer to save important keyframes - this is already part of my workflow anyway (I have quite a complex puppeteer rig setup for facial animation).  Not ideal, but hopefully manageable for now.

• Glad I came here, because i thought i was doing something very, very wrong. Hope it gets fixed fast.