Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083
    edited June 2023

Something I did for the Daz+ Summer Challenge.  The qualifying item was the 'William' texture set for The Kids 4.  Thank you to Bunyip and Wendy for helping me overcome some strange conforming issues (or lack thereof).  Tribute to a classic Norman Rockwell piece.  Discussion in the thread devoted to compatibility issues.  Only able to post the image because I loaded it in my gallery first.  Could not successfully attach a screengrab of my progress in the thread devoted to fixes.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,713

Diomede said:

Something I did for the Daz+ Summer Challenge.  The qualifying item was the 'William' texture set for The Kids 4.  Thank you to Bunyip and Wendy for helping me overcome some strange conforming issues (or lack thereof).  Tribute to a classic Norman Rockwell piece.  Discussion in the thread devoted to compatibility issues.  Only able to post the image because I loaded it in my gallery first.  Could not successfully attach a screengrab of my progress in the thread devoted to fixes.

Nice !!!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,838
    edited June 2023

working on some Pan Thera animations using Genesis 

the rigged AI cutouts too scary

good luck in the Summer Challenge Ted yes

close000.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    magic424.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Default_anthropomorphic_furry_black_cat_photorealistic_beautif_2_183bed4d-4cb1-44a3-958c-7c2c4d8ba611_1.jpg
    2368 x 3088 - 1M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192

Diomede said:

Tribute to a classic Norman Rockwell piece. 

One of the 48 Hour Film Contest genres is "Period Piece".  I have a bunch of 1950's props, etc. for such an animation. I think also some Rockwell images for inspiration.  Drive-In Movies, Nash Metropolitan, Vintage Milk Truck, etc.  It was a fun time, as I recall.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

WendyLuvsCatz said:

working on some Pan Thera animations using Genesis

the rigged AI cutouts too scary

Definitely fierce looking!  The previous AI was was way friendlier/ :)

In a similar mode as your genesis experiments, I've been working on a non-AI (mostly Daz content) version of the (friendly) cat lady.  Hopefully will be able to post in a few days.

edited June 2023

Another little something I did for the Daz+ summer challenge.  Qualifying item is the center gown, which is from Koshini Clothing Pack 15

'Adoring the Triumphant Heroine'

Diomede said:

Another little something I did for the Daz+ summer challenge.  Qualifying item is the center gown, which is from Koshini Clothing Pack 15

Very nice.  I like the ... line drawing filter?  Is that Photoshop?  Whatever, very cool.  yes

Diomede said:

Awesome !!!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,804

Steve K said:

Diomede said:

Very nice.  I like the ... line drawing filter?  Is that Photoshop?  Whatever, very cool.  yes

If I were to guess, I think it could be the Toon! filter in the scene tab....

but I could be wrong smiley 

Diomede said:

great image yes

keeping the Carrara Dream alive laugh 

edited June 2023

Potato Salad

Potato Salad.png
    900 x 675 - 897K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited June 2023

That is great, Stezza.  Spuderiffic!

Thanks for the positive responses to my Koshini and Ichiro render.  I rendered it as photoreal and as ToonPro! in Carrara, along with the coverage pass that gives the outlines and a GMIC pass.  I took the Carrara photoreal render into Filter Forge for an additional 2 variations, one a toon and one an outline.  The final is a mix of elements from 5 rendered images, (Carrara native Toon Pro!, a Carrara multipass, a Carrara GMIC, a Filter Forge toon, and a Filter Forge outline).

edited June 2023

Hey Wendy!

I started this out a couple of weeks ago, as a Carrara response to Wendy's AI cat girl..  Lost a week to a houseguest. :)

The goal was to get in the ballpark of the AI "look.".  At one point I had her in a choker, and elaborate collar, but I ended up liking her without them.

The intricate hair and hair lighting on the AI would be fun to try with Carrara hair.  Maybe down the road, as I am working on another project.

Cat girl is Keiko 6.  The hair is a modified transmap.  Simplistic animation, but fun to keep expanding animation skills.  Genesis 2 has some really nice visemes.  And of course, Carrara is amazing.

But there is some irony.  The girl's voice is generated by an AI program! blush However, I am pretty sure that AI didn't "scrape the internet" in this case, and that voice actors were paid to add to the database.

Edit - was having problems getting this to post in the forum.  Had to set image properties box to target>new window.  Still acting weird, though.  Once I pop out of the thread, it stops working when I pop back in.

Here is a regular link - https://vimeo.com/839180948

Hey Wendy.JPG
    1225 x 813 - 73K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

wow that's really good,heart

I did try a genesis 1 version myself but had a lot of issues

a really weird thing happed with the collar bonnes in Carrara I never noticed until after it rendered

YouTube also age restricted my video and I used DAZ studio as well as Carrara so never shared it here

my music is also AI generated

Thanks Wendy.  It was a good skill-building exercise trying to match the AI, just as it would be to match any other kind of render.  Definitely forces you to use new approaches.  And I may be able to use the character again down the road.

I can't watch your video, sorry.  It is age restricted, which requires a sign-in.  I am not a member of google.

edited June 2023

UnifiedBrain said:

Thanks Wendy.  It was a good skill-building exercise trying to match the AI, just as it would be to match any other kind of render.  Definitely forces you to use new approaches.  And I may be able to use the character again down the road.

I can't watch your video, sorry.  It is age restricted, which requires a sign-in.  I am not a member of google.

yeah that sucks, she is dressed in DAZ skimpwear which apparently offends YouTube, as an Australian I find that baffling 

it was out of my hands

don't think I have enough minutes left to upload to Vimeo, may be able to upload it to Facebook later

UnifiedBrain said:

Hey Wendy!

I started this out a couple of weeks ago, as a Carrara response to Wendy's AI cat girl..  Lost a week to a houseguest. :)

The goal was to get in the ballpark of the AI "look.".  At one point I had her in a choker, and elaborate collar, but I ended up liking her without them.

The intricate hair and hair lighting on the AI would be fun to try with Carrara hair.  Maybe down the road, as I am working on another project.

Cat girl is Keiko 6.  The hair is a modified transmap.  Simplistic animation, but fun to keep expanding animation skills.  Genesis 2 has some really nice visemes.  And of course, Carrara is amazing.

But there is some irony.  The girl's voice is generated by an AI program! blush However, I am pretty sure that AI didn't "scrape the internet" in this case, and that voice actors were paid to add to the database.

Edit - was having problems getting this to post in the forum.  Had to set image properties box to target>new window.  Still acting weird, though.  Once I pop out of the thread, it stops working when I pop back in.

Here is a regular link - https://vimeo.com/839180948

Nice work !!!

edited June 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

https://www.facebook.com/1653360584/videos/1443158313167054/

Nicely done!  What was the character and hair?

I'd give you a "like," but I'm not a member of Facebook either (shudder).

Based on this video. it looks like you have beat AI at its own game - or at least matched it.  The first 3 seconds were especially interesting.  A lot of possibilities there!

The age restriction thing was ridiculous.

The music was...how can I be charitable...the best zombie-inspired monotone sleep-inducing Gregorian chant stuff I have ever heard!  :)  Then again, my musical tastes seemingly don't match anyone on this forum, based upon numerous music videos posted here.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

the music and lyrics were AI generated 

Thank you Bunyip!

In the beginning I was trying to find an animation workflow that worked.  Now I'm working on getting it more streamlined.  Taking tiny steps, as the amount to learn can be overwhelming.

Wendy, what were the particulars on character, hair and outfit? 

edited June 2023

genesis 1

Hellfish studios catfolk (Renderosity)

outfits include

https://www.daz3d.com/aspasia-hair

https://www.daz3d.com/midnight-huntress-for-genesis

lululee 1 click lacey lingerie ( but applied to a geoshell or maybe Carrara layer but needs map transfer too as Stephanie 5 UV, is a V4 Poser second skin shader) (Renderosity)

https://www.daz3d.com/lorella-fantasy-outfit DAZ Studio only, crashes Carrara

https://www.daz3d.com/blood-bound and addon https://www.daz3d.com/barbarian-princess

Voluptuousness and fitness details as well as partial dialing of catfolk, also various ear nose eye adjustments 

skin https://www.daz3d.com/candace-for-stephanie-5

Thanks Wendy.  Impressive kitbashing! 

I have a couple of those clothing items (have never used), but the hair and character items really set the tone and were new to me.  That Rendo character in particular is very cool.

edited June 2023

Explorers

OceanF8.png
    800 x 600 - 266K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited June 2023

Carrara native render 

Moose by stream.  Moose by AM.  Environment by Howie Farkes.

Diomede said:

Moose by stream.  Moose by AM.  Environment by Howie Farkes.

Nice Bullwinkle !!!

Thanks, Bunyip.  Here is an image I just did for the Daz+ monthly challenge.  It is a composite of a Carrara background render to make the crowd with Lorenzo Lorez figures and Daz Studio to make the foreground boxers.  Some tweaking in an image editor and Filter Forge to get the non-photo effect.  I call it Eye of the Tiger, inspired by Mr. T in Rocky III.

Diomede said:

Thanks, Bunyip.  Here is an image I just did for the Daz+ monthly challenge.  It is a composite of a Carrara background render to make the crowd with Lorenzo Lorez figures and Daz Studio to make the foreground boxers.  Some tweaking in an image editor and Filter Forge to get the non-photo effect.  I call it Eye of the Tiger, inspired by Mr. T in Rocky III.

Nicely done.