Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 289

that looks very good!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922

Grimmvald said:

I thought I'd try a couple conversions before I abandoned this project and moved on.  Used the old v1 of Topaz.  The skectch is close to my original concept and the other is an experiment to do an old painting that is in serious need of cleaning and restoration.

looking good @Grimmvald sorry i missed these !

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited September 2022

thx Khoe,

a great scenery for a cinematic look to be applied

50.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • Chris Fox ArtChris Fox Art Posts: 380
    edited September 2022

This is a character i've created about 10 years ago and rendered in DS, her name is Cara Joyce. https://www.renderosity.com/gallery/items/3078935/cara-joyce-very-first-render (this was about the first version rendered in DS)

the last weeks i've recreated her in Carrara as the import didn't worked proper (don't know why), made a few adjustments, changed the textures and changed modeled hair to a similar cut with dynamic hair.
    The most interesting part for me is to see how just the haircut will change the entire look of the character, even if it's similar in style.
    So after all the work, this is her now.

https://www.renderosity.com/gallery/items/3078936/cara-joyce

Btw. just wanted to add that there are a lot of beautiful artworks on this thread, i mostly like the environment renders that wants me to also try again some of Howies scenes but don't want to render them on Carrara's native engine, on my old pc it took me about a week to render it :D
    Even if i now have a much faster pc with a much better cpu, it still would be faster with Octane.
    However, the last time i've tested octane on trees it didnt rendered the leafs but with Octane 4 it should be possible. Maybe i'll give it a try.

Post edited by Chris Fox Art on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795
    edited October 2022

Pigeon Toady watching time travel cool

Mind Blown.png
    800 x 566 - 890K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • A bone Dagger, blade made in Carrara, the rest in blender and rendered with Carrara Octane.
    (Here are some more images https://www.facebook.com/ChrisFoxArt/posts/528281579307633)
    The Dagger is part of a prop i want to use for a game i am working on, when i've finished the Bone weapons i am planning, i will make a few modular props like walls, floors and so on for easy set up a scene. Don't know yet if i will model the modular props with Carrara or Blender but maybe with both.

Bone_Dagger001a.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 82K
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Looks Nasty...Good job!

• therixxtherixx Posts: 89
    edited November 2022

Let's do the time warp again and pretend it's not late to wish everybody a Happy Halloween:

"Who is going to tell the Demoness that we probably have enough pumpkins for tonight?"

Made with Carrara - No A.I. involved
    Models used:
    Alcarine (pumpkin), Aiko 4, Kay's Leathers, Sarina A3, XStyle A3, Grimm Toon Skeleton, Nybras, Silverkey Bat, Miki Hair, Full & Feathered Hair, Darkworld Night Wings, Creature Creation Pack (wings), Cute bat (Mystic Art Design in Renderosity freebies), ShadowDancer V4 (Knife).
    P.S. A special thought to Cripeman for inspiring the Mountain of pumpkins with his "Mountain of skulls" tutorial.

Halloween2022-1280x720.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 169K
    Post edited by therixx on

G9 first test imported in fbx format

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited November 2022

Lots of really great work since the last time I visited. I don't have a ton to post, but there three that I'm pretty happy with. They cover a variety of subjects and styles.

The first image is inspired by Linda Carter's Wonder Woman, but I thought the old time photograph look from Gal Gadot's first Wonder Woman film was a cool look. I added the DOF from a depth map made in Carrara, and composited in Affinity. Since the hair was PhilW's Sidelong dynamic hair, I also rendered a volume pass and comped it with the depth pass because dynamic hair is invisible to the depth pass. The rest of the post work was done in Affinity.

The second image has no postwork. I want to add to this a bit more. I want to make a full set out of this scene. I have a base for a larger temple structure at the top of the stairs. I need to complete that. I also want to add more variety of plants and forest/jungle floor leaf litter. I used a couple of Howie's trees, and ferns, as well as my own ferns and I built a new, broad leafed plant in the VM. I modified Carrara's Palm Tree model with different fronds included in Carrara's Leaf directory in Carrara's browser. I also reshaded the trunk and leaves.

The third image is a mage healing her warrior companion that was severely injured by the dead ogre in the background, Most of this scene was stuff I aquired from DAZ or was included in various free bundles. I did (as always) extensive shader work. For the ogre, I went into the VM and hid the vertices in the chest area and the back. I then inserted a new vertex object and edited it in the assemble room to serve as the tunnel through his body. I did this as a seperate vertex object because I didn't want to destroy the UVs on the troll model. I then parented the tube to the chest of the troll and used the 3D paint function to paint an alpha channel along the edge of the tunnel to bled it in with the troll's texture and then painted a color map, and finally a glow map. I painted a glow map for V4 as well.

Wonder Woman.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
    Jungle Ruins02.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 4M
    The Healer-web.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • KhoeKhoe Posts: 289

many good Work .

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,656

evilproducer said:

Lots of really great work since the last time I visited. I don't have a ton to post, but there three that I'm pretty happy with. They cover a variety of subjects and styles.

The first image is inspired by Linda Carter's Wonder Woman, but I thought the old time photograph look from Gal Gadot's first Wonder Woman film was a cool look. I added the DOF from a depth map made in Carrara, and composited in Affinity. Since the hair was PhilW's Sidelong dynamic hair, I also rendered a volume pass and comped it with the depth pass because dynamic hair is invisible to the depth pass. The rest of the post work was done in Affinity.

The second image has no postwork. I want to add to this a bit more. I want to make a full set out of this scene. I have a base for a larger temple structure at the top of the stairs. I need to complete that. I also want to add more variety of plants and forest/jungle floor leaf litter. I used a couple of Howie's trees, and ferns, as well as my own ferns and I built a new, broad leafed plant in the VM. I modified Carrara's Palm Tree model with different fronds included in Carrara's Leaf directory in Carrara's browser. I also reshaded the trunk and leaves.

The third image is a mage healing her warrior companion that was severely injured by the dead ogre in the background, Most of this scene was stuff I aquired from DAZ or was included in various free bundles. I did (as always) extensive shader work. For the ogre, I went into the VM and hid the vertices in the chest area and the back. I then inserted a new vertex object and edited it in the assemble room to serve as the tunnel through his body. I did this as a seperate vertex object because I didn't want to destroy the UVs on the troll model. I then parented the tube to the chest of the troll and used the 3D paint function to paint an alpha channel along the edge of the tunnel to bled it in with the troll's texture and then painted a color map, and finally a glow map. I painted a glow map for V4 as well.

Woohoo - EPs back with renders !!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Beautiful renders, @EvilProducer.  I especially like the B/W old style Wonder Woman because... Wonder Woman.  Seriously, the work with the dynamic hair is great, and a useful tip.  Thanks.

• Diomede said:

Beautiful renders, @EvilProducer.  I especially like the B/W old style Wonder Woman because... Wonder Woman.  Seriously, the work with the dynamic hair is great, and a useful tip.  Thanks.

Thanks! The hair styling was a PITA for Wonder Woman to avoid the hairstyle having collision artifacts with the tiara.

• the healer one is especially coolyes

edited November 2022

too early?

Elf in a bauble

Elf in a Bauble.png
    800 x 600 - 943K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited November 2022

cool

MPox.png
    800 x 600 - 580K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HaHaHa!

You may yet end up being a cartoonist for a major Aussie newspaper. yes

• very old Carrara video render (2011) evolved with ai

testing hard instancing/render time

28 minutes average time/frame, 2880x resolution

https://www.bitchute.com/video/DBDTn64ANryB/

• magaremoto said:

impressive 

thx Wendy,

apart from the bug due to wrong horizon height in realistic sky mode, carrara is surprising me on and on; in many aspects it's brilliant yet, old school but cool

clip rendered on 8 core machine, up to 4000 mhz cpu

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,656

WendyLuvsCatz said:

magaremoto said:

impressive 

+1yes

• GrimmvaldGrimmvald Posts: 65
    edited December 2022

Was dabbling in portraits again and thought I'd try to do split lighting with a touch of chiaroscuro.  Decided to leave the highlights on the collar and shoulder to move the eye around.

Carrara projects_01.jpg
    1920 x 1911 - 848K
    Post edited by Grimmvald on
  • So ls there a plug-in yet that will make my portrait look like it's AI?  Don't want to be left behind.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited December 2022

Grimmvald said:

So ls there a plug-in yet that will make my portrait look like it's AI?  Don't want to be left behind.

Very Nice!

Do you have the GMIC plugins?  Another Philemo gem.  They may have added a (make it look like AI) filter.  :)

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/511441/gmic-plugin-wow/p1

Post edited by Diomede on
  • happy dancers

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited December 2022

Anyone else having trouble loading and posting renders?

I've been trying all morning. sad

EDIT - they fixed it late this afternoon.yes

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

web techies probably on too much Christmas cheer laugh

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,795
    edited December 2022

back in the day, 2010 cheeky

video

I just found all my .car files for this surprise

the angels were iClone 3 but I have all the rest

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on